sixteen

𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 : 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯

1:05 ───|────── 2:53

|◁ II ▷|

»»————- ★ ————-««
𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

Ever since the small argument Todoroki and I had since I was in the hospital, we haven't talked at all. He left shortly after my apology, I felt horrible for snapping at him, why did I even snap at him? Maybe it was just leftover anger I had lingering inside me, but still... It wasn't right for me to take it out on him.

The rest of the day, doctors came in and out of my room, helping for my needs. The young doctor that came in earlier walked inside once more, with results. They had to take some of my blood but I was alright with that, I lost a lot anyways - that's probably why I ended up in a hospital.

"Valerie, we got some results." He set the clipboard on my bed, right on the empty space beside me. "Turns out, my theory is right. Your air quirk can also be worked into fire and electricity. " He pointed at a small line of dialogue on the paper attached to the clipboard.

"Vluet should try making small bursts of fire with her sparks." I read aloud, my finger following the printed line of ink.

"It's an emitter type, i'm guessing?" I look up to the doctors brown chocolate eyes.

"Yes, with the exception of your healing quirk." He picked the clipboard off the bed, "Anyways, we're done all our tests on you. You're free to go home."

"Thanks doctor," I bowed, "Thanks for everything." He nodded swiftly, flashing me a smile once his eyes met mine.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The next day rolled around, golden sunshine inside my room and hitting the rockhard floorboards each morning. I got dressed in my uniform and headed downstairs preparing myself for a short breakfast of cereal.

When I got there, a white, flat piece of paper with some letters written down last minute, beside it was a hundred dollar bill, sitting there like it was spare change. I picked up the letter to read neat, pen written note from my parents.

Dear Vie,

We're going overseas for your fathers next show he's producing in America. Isn't that awesome?! We're hoping to come back in the next month or two, sorry it's such a long time but I'm sure you're amazing enough to take care of yourself. Nemuri might drop by occasionally to see how you're doing, love you so so so so much, Valerie!