two

I landed on my feet, quickly rushing up to Midoriya. "Are you okay?!" I shook Midoriya but had no response.

"Just bang on the door a few times, i'm sure they'll let you in." All Might waved as he reached the railing.

"Wait, not yet. One second." Midoriya pleaded.

"No, I don't have anytime." All Might tried his best to get rid of Midoriya.

"Just wait! I have to know..." Midoriya held his hand up, like he was trying to catch something.

"Izuku-"

"Is it possible to become a hero, even if you don't have a quirk?" Midoriya let his hand fall, as well as his head. It hung low, the question hurt me. I know how desperate Midoriya wanted to become a hero, but knowing he's quirkless makes his life so much harder. I admit, a piece of my heart broke as he finished.

"Without a quirk?" All Might gasped for air, like he was struggling. Some smoke came out of his body but I don't think Midoriya noticed. I got worried as more smoke came from All Might's body.

Midoriya kept on muttering, after he stopped I nudged him to point at All Might- or what was left anyways. The hero, it was like he deflated like a crippled balloon. The smoke disappeared but what lay in was a shock to me and Midoriya.

Midoriya and I screeched and staggered back a bit, almost losing our balance. "Wha- You deflated! Where'd All Might go?! Imposter!" Midoriya squeaked.

"Um, I'm pretty sure that IS all Might." I blinked a couple times.

"She's right-" All Might stopped, a cough followed up. But he coughed out blood. Midoriya stood back behind me, like a scared kid, I wouldn't blame him though, he looked different, (and scary in a way.) "You know those pool guys, always sucking in to show their buff body?" I nodded slowly, "I'm like that."

"B-but- All Might is a hero who saves people- And his fearless smile.." Midoriya clenched my bag from behind.

"It's a facade. So you give hope to people, you are the symbol of peace." I walked closer to him.

"Y-yeah. You're pretty smart kid." All might lifted a part of his shirt, revealing a huge scar across the side of his waist, looked pretty nasty in person. "Now don't go telling your friends about this, or talk about it online." He demanded. Me and Midoriya nodded without a single word. "It was five years back, my respiratory..." He continued, but I didn't really get the nonsense. Midoriya did though.

"Umm, was that from 5 years ago? The fight with Toxic chainsaw?" Midoriya walked out from behind me, finally gaining the courage to talk.

"You know your stuff, huh?" All Might told us the story, it was supposed to be under wraps but people still knew. A few moments later the response came. "...I honestly can't see a hero without a quirk." Midoriya almost broke, his dreams were crushed, by his idol no less. He sniffled.

"I-I see.." He stuttered.

All Might left, leaving Midoriya in a hurry. "Hey.." I rested a hand on Midoriya's shoulder. "...You can become a hero, I believe in you." I confided. Midoriya walked closer to me, burying his head on my shoulder.

*BOOM*

A loud explosion erupted not so far away from our building, I pulled Midoriya away, seeing a cloud of smoke.

"H-hey! Let's go check it out!" He pointed towards the explosion, "Please?" I agreed.

"Alright." I waved my hand in front of Midoriya, making him fly. I did the same, "Hold on to my hand, you won't fall. But knowing you, you'll freak out." I laughed. He nodded as he grabbed my hands. He yelped all the way there, which wasn't surprising.