nine

𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 ☆

Valerie POV:

I tried calling his name but all he did was stare and his lip trembled. I punched him, yes. Was it the best decision? Probably not, but it was fun!

"I kept saying your name but you wouldn't answer." I frowned while he held his stomach, "I didn't know I could punch that hard."

"Dumbass... Know your strength Rie." He muttered.

"Don't go calling me a dumbass while you can't even hear me calling for you! I'm not even three feet away!" I retorted.

"Valerie?" - "KATSUKI!" Two different voices called me and Bakugou out. Midoriya was one, and the other... I had no clue.

"Hey!" I turned around to face Midoriya, "Sorry, somebody bumped into me" Midoriya walked up to me with the red basket in hand.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT, OLD HAG?!" Bakugo yelled out from behind me. Jesus, he's so obnoxious. I rolled my eyes.

"Kacchan?" Midoriya peeked behind me.

"DEKU?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" His voice level rose.

"He's with me, calm yourself." I looked at the woman who stomped up to us, and slapped Bakugou upside the head. I couldn't help but let out a small giggle or two.

"Don't call me old hag, son!" Mitsuki, Bakugou's mother who was basically the feminine version of Katsuki. "What took you so fuckin- Oh! Valerie Vluet!" Her personality did a complete 180 when she saw me, "What happened to your beautiful face?! There's a fat white patch on your left cheek!" She said bluntly while resting a hand on my cheek.

"...Um," I glanced at Katsuki, he fixed his gaze on the flooring. "It just happened at school, some kid slapped me while setting off their quirk.."

"That's horrible!" She thought to herself for a moment before smiling, "You go to UA with Katsuki, right?"

I gulped, "Yeah...It's kinda horrible." I whispered loudly.

"I can hear you, dipshit!" He spat.

"Good!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Ahaha! That's my baby, Vie!" Mitsuki patted my head, "Always putting Katsuki in his rightful place! God, you're a miracle." She praised.

I flushed a pink, "I'm not any miracle."

Mitsuki leaned in to my ear, "Did Katsuki slap you?" She whispered.

I nodded with silence as my answer. "I'm sure it was an accident, he never intentionally hurts me." I bowed my head low.

"It's okay, Katsuki's like that." She backed away, "Well I'm sure Katsuki has been keeping you for a bit, we'll be going." Mitsuki smiled at me.

"Okay, um.. I'll see you tomorrow, Katsuki.." I looked in his eyes before looking away. It was always awkward between us ever since the sludge monster incident. We couldn't hold conversations like usual, (it's not that I wanted to.) he even lost all the fighting respect to me.

"...Hey, Rie." He grabbed my shoulder before I left with Midoriya. "Sorry." He lifted his hand off and started walking away with his mother.

I wanted to say something but it wouldn't come out. So, I just stood there as his figure disappeared from sight.

"Did he just...say sorry?" Midoriya raised an eyebrow as we walked back to the cashier.

"I guess..."

"You really don't think Kacchan has something for you?" Midoriya speeds his footing, ending up blocking my path.

If I had water, it would've been all over Midoriya right now. "It's Kacchan, Izuku. He doesn't like anybody." I step to the side, continuing my way to the cash register. "Besides, I'm not that special anyways."

"Don't say that! You're so cool and your quirk is amazing!" He encouraged as we reached the conveyor belt and placed all the items onto it.

"Thanks.. But I don't think any boy will like me this year, even if I put a love spell on them." I joked. The cashier placed items inside a plastic bag.

"Kacchan wasn't joking when he said you're oblivious..." He gave me an annoyed look as we carried the bags out of the store.

"Hey! Do you want dessert or not!" I threatened.

"Alright! Sorry! It's true!" He squeaked as he ran away from me, picking up the speed every minute or so.

"Say that again, Broccoli!" I yelled out.

"Didn't your parents tell you to eat your vegetables?!" I heard him yell back.

I skid to a sudden stop, losing my balance.  Thankfully, still standing on my feet. Blood rushes up to my cheeks. What do I say to that?! Midoriya stopped running and took in the air.

"I was joking!" Midoriya laughed, "You should see your face right now!"

"You suck."

"-And you swallow." Midoriya covered his mouth, hiding the obvious laughs coming through.

"No dessert."

"What?!"

"I said, no dessert." I repeated.

"That's no fair!" He pouted.

I shrugged, "You never learn, you airhead." I flick his forehead, walking up to him.

We eventually made it back to my place with all the goodies in hand, Midoriya actually ended up eating dessert and drinking bubble tea.

——
Filler Chapter!