2

It is quite chilly that night in the funeral home so Jungkook gives his coat to his mother who has not yet left that place for two days straight. He puts it carefully on her body as he looks at her swollen eyes and tired face. He knows she has been crying a lot these two days for his father who had just passed away.

"Eomma, let's go home for a while. We'll come back here later.", he tries to talk to her who refused to go home that morning.

"Eomma?", he calls after getting no respond from her.

"Did he tell you?", she suddenly speaks out and asks him a question. "What is it, eomma?", he asks back as the question seems to be incomplete to him.

His mother turns to see his face and asks again, "Did he tell you about his illness?"

Jungkook looks down before slowly shaking his head. He does not lie but it felt like he was lying to her and she knows it. "Don't lie, son.", she says to him as she lifts his head with her fingers. "He didn't tell me, eomma. I just found out from Namjoon hyung but not straight out from his own mouth. I went through his office to check on it.", he tells her.

"Then, you don't think of telling me about what you found?", she asks with her trembling voice.

"I...I couldn't. After I thought about why he didn't tell us and made Namjoon hyung keep it a secret, I think he had his own reason so...I just keep it to myself. I'm sorry, eomma.", he says.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung looks at all of the people that left the cemetery as she waits for some particular faces to appear. "Miss, are you going down now?", the taxi driver asked as he glanced at his watch. It has been almost 15 minutes they got there but Chaeyoung does not get out of the taxi yet. "Umm...it's okay. I'm not going down here. Can you take me back?", she asks.

"Really? That would cost double for you later.", the taxi driver reminds her of the fare she will need to pay. "Yes, don't worry. I'll pay fully, no less.", she says before he pulls the hand brake.

♡♡♡♡♡

Soyeon opens the door of her late husband's work room and stares inside for a while. She had done crying and no more tears came out of her eyes that day. Her husband had safely been buried that morning and she had been trying to be strong again as she is known to be a strong woman in everyone's eyes.

She gets inside that room and sits down on the swivel chair as she looks around. The room is so clean, the book shelves seem to be untouched and the desk is empty. Only one photo frame is seen at the left corner of the desk. A photo of her, her late husband and Jungkook which was probably taken when Jungkook was in the kindergarten.

She smiles looking at the photo frame. The three of them looked happy in it despite the truth that she was not happy with her marriage life at that time. "Why didn't you tell us, Junyoung-ah?", she says while looking at him in the photo.

Then, she sees a white ribbon tied to the drawer pull of the desk. It looks odd to her because the other drawers does not have a ribbon tied to them. So, she pulls the drawer and sees a white envelope in it with a writing that said 'For you, J.S.Y.'

That initials are of her name, Jeon Soyeon.

She slowly takes the envelope and opens it to reveal a letter inside. With shivering hand, she slowly flips open the letter and reads what is written by her late husband for her.

'Hi, my lovely wife.

It's me, Junyoung. If you are reading this now, that means I am no longer here to be by your side. I'm sorry, Soyeon-ah. I know you weren't happy with me before but I'm glad you are happy after many years we have spent living together. I know there are so many things that I hide from you since we got married. Soyeon-ah, I have one secret to tell you. Actually I have told you about it but you were drunk and didn't pay attention to me. So, here I am going to tell you again. It's about our family, Soyeon. About Jungkook, about us.

Actually he isn't ours, Soyeon. Our child is a girl. I met her about two months ago and I'm certain about her. I did a DNA test with her after a month of watching her from far. You must be shocked knowing this now, I know. I'm sorry I didn't tell you much sooner. I just found out about her too so I hope you wouldn't be angry with me for too long. I also hope you will meet her soon. I wanted to bring her to meet you but I didn't have the chance to.

I found out about my illness too late and I knew I didn't have much time. So, I kept it to myself as I tried to spend time with our child while I can. Don't be angry with her if you meet her. It's not her fault that I keep the secret about my illness from you, from Jungkook. I just feel like I have to keep it to myself since there were no cure at this critical stage.

If I tell the both of you, I might just ruin our family happiness that we already have. I don't want to see you and Jungkook get sad because of me. Plus, I have accepted that this illness could be my punishment for what I did in the past. I'm sorry again, Soyeon-ah. I love you. Always.'

♡♡♡♡♡

Second chapter ✔