41

One more update? Wish granted. Enjoy 😊

♡♡♡♡♡

The applause given by everyone when the first place in the group competition last night is announced makes Chaeyoung quite surprised. She follows Sooyoung who sat with her to go to the stage to take their reward. Another two groups that won the third and second place congratulated them when their whole group get on the stage.

Chaeyoung and her group members are taking photos at the centre when suddenly someone wearing a hoodie gets on the stage from the left side. He stops beside the lectern that has mic on it. He tells Jieun who is announcing the winners to step aside before he stands on the centre of the lectern.

Everyone's eyes are on him as they keep quiet with the sudden appearance. He only pulls down his hoodie after he says 'hello' to test the mic. Almost everyone is surprised to see him except Chaeyoung, Jieun and Minhyuk. Clearly no one knows about his appearance except those three.

"Good morning, guys. Are you guys surprised of my appearance?", Jungkook starts off talking casually with the staff of J Group.

"I know you never seen me like this since I'm always wearing those formal, business clothes at work. But, today...I don't feel like wearing those. Want to know why?", he says through the mic.

Chaeyoung is just a few steps away from him as she takes a step back to not interrupt him with his sudden morning speech. A few of the staff shake their heads to his question while Chaeyoung just keeps quiet at the back. She thinks of why he is there in the middle of the closing ceremony but she could only think of one thing. One thing which is related to last night. The incident that she does not tell anyone and she has not yet thank him for his help.

"I should be at the office today...but I'm glad I came here last night.", he reveals to them. Most of them are surprised as they did not see him last night.

"Cho Miyeon, a staff from the Accounting Department. Where are you?", Jungkook says that name which makes everyone questioning in their heads. Chaeyoung knows why he suddenly looks for Miyeon. Jieun and Minhyuk on the other hand, give each other look for what Jungkook is about to do. Miyeon who is among the crowd even questions why their managing director said her name making her hesitating to admit herself.

"Cho Miyeon-ssi, where are you? I'm not going to repeat again. Please stand up.", he says as he eyes each of the staff in front of him.

A second later, he sees a lady with a long brunette hair stands up with a sympathetic look on her face.

"There you are, Miyeon-ssi. Do you know why I called you out?", Jungkook questions her.

Miyeon looks at the other staff who are looking at her as if she has made a big mistake. Then, she looks at Jungkook while shaking her head. Jungkook scoffs at her reaction.

"You don't know? Don't you remember what you did last night?", he asks her while indirectly mentioning what she did the night before.

The atmosphere suddenly turns from happy and cheerful with applause to scary and mysterious with the way Jungkook is talking with Miyeon. Chaeyoung knows where this will take them to so she slowly goes to Jungkook and whispers to him, "Jungkook-ssi, don't. Please don't do like this."

Jungkook hears her soft voice coming from his right but he ignores it. "Cho Miyeon-ssi, I want you to tell everyone what you did last night. Don't just give me answer through your body language. Speak.", he says strictly while looking sharp to Miyeon.

Everyone's eyes go to Miyeon as they wait for her answer. Chaeyoung knows that what he is doing will humiliate Miyeon in front of everyone and she does not want that to happen. Even though what happened to her last night was Miyeon's fault, she does not want that girl to suffer being hated and mocked by everyone. She does not like it.