38

"Okay, guys. I got the piano and guitar already. The hotel lend us for the competition. So, Chaeyoung-ssi...you'll be on the instruments, okay?", Chanyeol says as he and his group members are having breakfast at the hotel's cafe.

Chaeyoung nods to him as she bites her tuna sandwich.

"Hyung, I have made the text for the narration. You want to see it first?", Taeyong asks as he takes out a folded paper from his pocket.

"Yes, sure.", Chanyeol says as he takes the paper from Taeyong.

♡♡♡♡♡

The meeting with the representatives from D'Art College, a private college in Seoul ends at 5 pm as Jungkook wanted. He sighs as he gets to his office after the meeting ended. Even though he is just joining the meeting to see what the college can offer to them back for they will provide funding for the college, he could not focus on their presentation at all.

"Why do I feel disturbed so much?", he asks himself as he checks his phone that he put on silent mode.

As he unlocks the password, he sees a new message from Kakaotalk sent by Jieun. A video is attached making Jungkook frowning at the content of the video. He taps on the video to play and he tries to see what is going on in the video until he clearly sees a small stage with two people probably acting before an instrument is played on the background.

The video is short and Jungkook is curious on what is Jieun trying to show him through it. Therefore, he messages her back asking why she sent him the video.

"Someone is going to show her talent tonight. 😉" - Jieun noona

Her reply to him makes him wonder if she is talking about Chaeyoung before he watches the video again to see if she is there. But, he finds no one that looks like her. The two people on the stage, none of them is her.

Still curious of who Jieun was referring to makes him becomes a bit impatient. He asks who she meant and tells her if it is Chaeyoung, he does not see her in the video. He sends the message and waits for a while before he gets a reply.

"She's the one playing the guitar. I'm just giving you a sneak peek of it. The rest, I'll send you a whole video tonight, okay?" - Jieun noona

He scoffs as he reads the reply. "Ya...noona. How could you?", he says in annoyance at the message he received.

Right after that, he receives a call and it is from Taehyung. "Yes, hyung.", he says as he answers the call.

"J..Jungkook, I need your help.", Taehyung's voice on the other end seems worried. "Why, hyung?", Jungkook asks, he can sense that there is a problem happening. Could it be about his mother?

"I...don't know who to ask anymore. I'm outside now waiting for your mom. I got a call from Yeri that our appa fell in the toilet. Can you...please help me? Check on him for me? I want to go and see him but I think I'll be late. Your mom is attending a private event and I can't meet her now.", Taehyung explains his situation.

Jungkook quickly stands up. He gets worried too. "Alright, hyung. I'll see what I can do.", he says as he grabs his briefcase and walks out of his office.

♡♡♡♡♡

The voices of Jinyoung and Chanyeol echoed in the mini hall with the guitar sound playing in the background. The position of them are all designated nicely as the actors, Sooyoung and Sungjae at the centre, the two singers at the right and Chaeyoung at the left playing the guitar.

The lights above the stage make their performance become even more touching as they turn on and off at the right moment when needed.

Taeyong as the narrator stands close to the end of the stage at the right to tell the story of their group performance. A dim light shone on him as he tells that they will do a reenactment of scenes from Goblin: The Lonely and Great God. Then, he introduced the actors, Sungjae as Kim Shin and Sooyoung as Ji Euntak.

The dim light is gone and the light at the centre turned on for the actors. The first scene they acted on was the scene of the couple under the first snow and had a kiss. Right after that scene, the light on them turned off giving the light on Chaeyoung who is playing the guitar while sitting on a chair taking its turn to shine on her.

She played the music to 'Stay With Me' very well with the singing coming from Jinyoung and Chanyeol from the right side of the stage. The others who watched their performance clapped and cheered for them as they listen to the song. Their performance makes everyone feels touched as it took them back to the famous fantasy romance drama.

Even the facilitators enjoy it. "The most talented people in a group, aren't they?", Minhyuk asks as he sits next to Jieun.

"Shhh...I'm recording this.", she whispers close to Minhyuk's ear adding it with a glare of her eyes on him. He slowly apologized before focusing back on the stage.

Once the song ended, the stage goes dark again leaving everyone a gasp of expectation before they hear Taeyong narrating another scene. This time, the scene that Sungjae and Sooyoung will reenact is the scene when Kim Shin vanished right in front of Ji Euntak.

Everyone is shocked with the choice of that scene. They know how sad it is and they wonder how Sungjae will vanish from the stage. To answer everyone's question, Taeyong brings them to the heartbreaking scene at the centre of the stage.

Sooyoung's cries in acting for the scene sounds genuine as she watched Sungjae disappears. How does he disappear? The floor where he sat on has a stage lift so he vanished from the stage to the space under it. It was a bit funny as some of them who viewed it chuckled before they heard the piano playing the song for that scene.

Everyone goes "noooo..." when the melody to 'I'll Go To You Like The First Snow' starts playing and Jinyoung starts to sing it. The crowd went silent as they listen to the sad song till the end. After the last note of the song is played, Taeyong took his role as the narrator to end the reenactment performance of their group.

When they gather to the centre, everyone shouts for an encore or more to perform. "Yeah, we're sorry but that's the end of our 10 minutes show.", Taeyong says as he points at his watch. Then, one by one starting with him saying each of their names.

"I'm Lee Taeyong, your narrator."

"I'm Chanyeol, your rapper."

"I'm Punch, your singer."

"I'm Sungjae, your Kim Shin!!"

"I'm Joy, your actress and..."

"I'm Rosé, your musician."

"We are...Goblin Superfans!", all of them shout before bowing down to everyone.

♡♡♡♡♡

Thirty eighth chapter ✔

I got too many kdrama scenes in my head but Goblin got the best OSTs plus the actors too! 😁

Another one update coming laterrr