27

Chaeyoung goes straight to the toilet near the kitchen to wash her face as she wakes up. She does not want to disturb Jungkook in her room so she just washed her face at the toilet instead. After she is done with it, she goes to the kitchen to make breakfast for both of them before planning to wake Jungkook after everything is ready.

While she is preparing the ingredients, she turns on some music as she usually does while cooking. The atmosphere becomes much more lively with the music on making her to be unaware of her surroundings. She does not hear other things than the playlist she is listening to as she dances to the songs being played.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook wakes up as he hears his alarm clock and taps his phone to stop it from blaring. He stretches his hands to the air as he opens his eyes slowly. "Good morning, sun.", he says as he sees a bright sunlight beaming through the window. Then, he remembers that he is in Chaeyoung's house and mutters at how she chose her bed to face the window with the sun shining bright in the morning.

He goes to the bathroom to wash his face and sees a sticky note on the mirror saying 'A new toothbrush in the pink container for you.' His eyes shift to the pink container near the sink and takes the toothbrush mentioned in the note with a smile.

"Is she welcoming me to use anything in her house?", he asks himself as he puts a bit of the toothpaste on the blue toothbrush. "So nice of you, Chaeyoung.", he says before he starts to brush his teeth.

♡♡♡♡♡

🎶

So let's smoke (let's smoke)
Let's drink (let's drink)
'Til we're fuckin' in the bathroom, leanin' over the sink
So let's dance (let's dance)
Let's grind (let's grind)
We've only gotta make it 'til the end of the night

🎶

Jungkook keeps his mouth shut as he hears the song and watches Chaeyoung doing her cooking in the kitchen. She looks to be dancing slowly swaying her body to the music not realizing him at the entrance at all. He decides to surprise her so he carefully walks towards her and stands behind her.

"A bold song choice you got here, Chaeyoung.", he says close to her right ear.

His statement makes her jumped a little before  she turns around with wide eyes looking at him. "Oh, Jungkook-ssi...", she stops before she paused the song that was playing.

"No, why you stopped it? The song sounds good, Chaeyoung.", he says as he looks at what she was cooking. "You startled me. Did I wake you up? I'm sorry if the volume is too loud.", Chaeyoung says, ignoring what he said about the song she played earlier. She turns off the stove and puts the eggs on a plate.

"No, I woke up because of my alarm clock.", he says as he watches her serving the eggs on the dining table. "Good, then. We can have our breakfast now. It's ready.", Chaeyoung says to him.

"Hmm...smells good.", he replies as he sniffs the American breakfast she made. "But...", he adds making Chaeyoung frowns at him. "It will be much better if you keep playing the song you were playing just now.", he continues making her frowning even more. She does not realize what song it was or how the lyrics goes so Jungkook repeats what he heard.

"Let's smoke, let's drink...you know the rest. I want that song, what's its title?", he teases her making her realized what kind of song she was listening to. "Oh...it's...just forget it. I shouldn't have played that song now. I forgot you're in my house.", Chaeyoung says making him chuckles at her face that starts to get red.

Both of them become quiet after that as they eat the breakfast. None of them talks until Chaeyoung sees Jungkook's glass is empty. She takes it and asks him if he needs more water.

"Yes, sure.", he says before Chaeyoung apologises because she only has plain cold water left in the fridge. "That's fine with me, Chaeyoung.", he tells her.

Once she has filled the glass with the cold water, she gives the glass back at him and they continue eating. A few minutes later, Chaeyoung sees that Jungkook has finished his food so she tries to have a chat with him so that he does not feel ignored.

"Can I...ask you something, Jungkook-ssi?", she starts speaking.

He hums as he finishes his drink. "Why...you always call me just by my first name?", she asks him the question she has always had in her mind.

Jungkook does not expect to hear it actually. But because of it, he realizes that he really calls her by her first name most of the times. He thinks of an answer before he speaks up.

"Maybe because we're of the same age. You do know that our birthdays are just a day apart, don't you?", he utters out after remembering that one fact.

"Oh, right.", that is all Chaeyoung replied to him.

"You can call me by my first name too. No need to be so formal with me. I mean if you want to, Chaeyoung.", he tells her which makes her simply just nods to it as a response.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook walks to the front door followed by Chaeyoung behind him. As he opens the door, he stops and turns around to see her. "Thanks for letting me stay here, Chaeyoung. I'll see you on Monday at the office.", he says with a smile on his face.

"J..Jungkook-ssi, wait. Are you really giving me a day off today?", she asks before he takes further step away.

"Yeah, you need it. You drove for almost 4 hours and didn't get enough sleep. Just stay at home and come to work on Monday. See you.", he tells her before he turns around going to the elevator.

♡♡♡♡♡

Twenty seventh chapter