11

"Chaeyoung, leave. I don't want to see you here today. I've told you I'll deduct your salary if you come here today.", Jisoo says when she sees Chaeyoung walking into her coffee shop.

Chaeyoung smiles as she stops at the cashier counter. "Unnie, it's okay. I'll be working everyday next month to cover it up back.", she says with a smile showing that she is not regretting her decision to come working that day even though it is her off day.

"Chaeyoung-ah, you're so stubborn.", Jisoo shakes her head as she said it.

"And you're so sneaky to steal my resume, unnie.", Chaeyoung replies making the guilt to come again to Jisoo.

When the elder starts to say sorry, Chaeyoung chuckles and says that she was just joking with her. "How can I be angry with you, unnie? You know you're my best friend, right? There's no way I will get angry with you. I love you, okay?", she adds as she makes a flying kiss gesture towards Jisoo.

♡♡♡♡♡

All of the staff that are waiting for the elevator to go for lunch bow their heads when they see him coming out from the elevator. He keeps his head up and walks straight to the front counter with his eyes searching for the person who always there at the counter.

When he sees it is empty, he stops a staff to ask if he knows where the person has gone to.

"Oh, Mr Jeon.", her voice is heard before the staff can answer Jungkook's question.

Once the staff bows down at him and walks away, Jieun gets back to her place and says sorry because she was in the washroom before that. Then, she asks him why he comes to that 10th floor at that hour.

"Jieun-ssi, I waited for her. For the whole morning. She didn't come.", he says as quiet as he can. He does not want anyone else to hear him except Jieun. The matter he is talking with her is quite personal for him even though it will involve the company too later.

"Oh, is it...", she stops when Jungkook asked her to slow down her voice. "Is this about the job interview candidate? Ms Park Chaeyoung?", she says in whispering manner. Jungkook nods before he complains that he has freed his morning schedule that day just for the job interview and turned out that Park Chaeyoung is not present at all in the morning.

Then, Jieun chuckles at him before she clears her throat seeing his face looking annoyed with her. "I'm sorry, Mr Jeon. But...you seem to be desperately wanting her to fill in the position. What is it with you and her actually?", she asks without covering up her curiosity.

"Jeon Jungkook?", she calls his name when he keeps quiet not wanting to answer her question. "Jeon Jungkook, I may be your staff in the office but we used to be like siblings in school. You can tell this noona anything, Jungkook-ah.", she dares to speak with him informally since no staff is around anymore.

Jungkook looks around before he pouts. "I can't tell you here though.", he says as he rests his chin on his hands.

"Well, then. Lunch with me. I know a place we can talk about this. How about that?", she suggests as she puts her computer on sleep mode.

The younger man in front of her thinks about the idea and eventually taps the table with an 'okay' coming from his mouth. "Sounds like a plan. I'll drive us, you show me the way.", he tells her as he waits for her to clean her table before leaving the office building.

When they get into his car at the parking lot, Jieun chuckles looking at him and asks why he does not stop smiling since they got into the elevator. "Just feel excited and happy maybe. We haven't hangout for so long, right? So, where's our destination, Jieun noona?", he replies casually with her.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung sighs in relief as she reaches the main entrance of the apartment building. She is glad that the day ends well for her. No job interview she has to attend, no sudden visit by anyone from J Group to her workplace, just a Monday which is not a day off for her.

She smiles gladly as she waits for the elevator to open. It was a tiring day at the coffee shop but she likes it. Her skills have gotten more polished even though there are still some small mistakes done.

As she is thinking of how the day went, the elevator she waits for finally opens. However, she does not expect to see someone inside the elevator when it opens. She almost shouts in surprise when she sees someone in there. Someone who is not even living there.

Her eyes wide open as she recognizes the person she is seeing in front of her now. The person who made her had an awkward moment at his place, the person who looked for an answer from her at her place, the person who came to find her at her workplace. Jeon Jungkook.

"Back from work?", that is the first thing that comes out from his mouth. The elevator is still opened and Jungkook is still inside it while clicking the open button.

"H..how...what...", Chaeyoung could not finish her words. She is scared of what she will have to face at the moment. Her mind is fighting between just get in the elevator and go home or just run away and never come back. She does not know what to do.

"Such a stubborn girl, aren't you? Do you think I will not find you if you chose not to come for the interview?", he asks with his sharp gaze on her. He looks at her whose face is down and probably staring at the floor. "Park Chaeyoung, I'm talking to you.", he says before Chaeyoung tries to turn around to leave the place.

However, Jungkook catches her steps and pulls her wrist stopping her from walking away. "Hey, you still got an interview, okay?", he says.

"I didn't come to J Group. I have no inter..."

"You have. Don't you remember what Lee Jieun, my HR officer said when she called you regarding the job interview?", he cuts her off. "She said that if you cannot make it to our company, we will come to you...for the interview.", he adds to make her recall back the conversation she had with Jieun.

As he said it to her, she finally remembered it and gritted her teeth in defeat. "Let's do the interview now. I've waited for a long time. Don't make my effort go to waste, Park Chaeyoung-ssi.", he says as he let her hand free and faces her.

"Now?", Chaeyoung asks. "Yes.", he replies. "But, it's already late.", she counters back. "We make it quick. Come on.", he says as he takes her hand again and walks towards the elevator back. "Wait.", she utters out as she stops moving.

When he turns around asking why, she asks him if they can just do it at the convenience store instead of her house. He looks outside and then, says, "No, I don't like to go to stores like that. We do the interview at your house since I already know where it is. No buts, no waits. Let's go now."

♡♡♡♡♡

Eleventh chapter ✔