48

Releasing this now because...no reason. 😌 I'm super bored, that's all. 😅

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung relaxedly do her work as she cannot wait to go home that day. All the important tasks have been done and it is only half an hour before the office hour ends. She cannot wait to see her best friends and celebrate her birthday with them.

Jisoo has promised to fetch her from her house at 7. Jennie has made a reservation for her birthday dinner at a restaurant near her boutique. Lisa has prepared her a big gift, that it what the youngest girl said when they had a group video call during lunch hour.

Now, Chaeyoung is just counting down the time to go home and be ready for the celebration.

"Chaeyoung, keep your things and follow me.", Jungkook suddenly says as he walks out of his office.

Chaeyoung looks at him while quickly clean her desk and turns off the computer. It seems like he is taking his briefcase with him meaning that they will not come back there later. Once she stands up ready to follow him, he walks to the elevator leading her to wherever she does not even know of.

"Jungkook-ssi, where are we going?", she asks as they get into the elevator.

"Taehyung's house.", he says as he looks at his watch.

"Is there something important you need to do there?", she asks him again.

Jungkook looks at her and tells her that she will know later. He does not want to talk more about the reason he is going there to Chaeyoung.

♡♡♡♡♡

Her eyes do not go away from the time shown in the center console of Jungkook's car. He said that he will not be long in the house but it has been 15 minutes since they got there. Chaeyoung feels a bit worried that she will be late to get ready for the night.

When she rolls down the window, she sees Jungkook coming out of the house with a girl who she believes is Taehyung's sister. They have been there before this but Jungkook is the only one who meets his family. Chaeyoung always stay in the car only.

When he gets inside with a file in his hand, he says sorry for making her to wait for him. She takes the file from him and asks what he was doing inside. He points to the file in her hand and tells her to keep it with her for the moment.

"What's inside it though?", she asks as she tries to open the file.

"They're some documents of Taehyung that I need for something. You help me to keep it for now, okay?", he tells her without revealing exactly what documents are they.

"Keep it means...take it to my house?", she asks him again.

He nods to her as he starts to drive. "I want you to keep it safe and bring it to me when I need it later. Don't touch anything in it. I don't want any document to be missing.", he instructs her.

"I'll drive you home now, okay?", he says and she nods as she eyes the time again.

"Are you going somewhere later? I think your eyes have been glued to the clock for quite a while, you know?", he tells her.

However, Chaeyoung shakes her head as she tried to stay calm. Jungkook does not say anything too after that. They both are quiet and only the radio is heard accompanying them.

When they reach Chaeyoung's house, she looks briefly at her watch before opening the door to get out. Jungkook looks at her and calls her name before her feet steps out of his car. She turns to him and he gives a smile to her.

"You're really in a hurry, don't you?", he asks but Chaeyoung rolls her eyes at it.

"Do you really call me just to ask me that?", she asks him back as she steps outside.

Jungkook quickly rolls down the window of the passenger seat and calls her name again.

"Happy birthday.", he says with a smile.

Chaeyoung smiles back before he adds, "Rosie."

Her smile fades away. "Thank you so much, Jeon Jungkook-ssi.", she replies before walking away ignoring him. She does not know why she feels annoyed hearing him calling her Rosie. Maybe because that name is only for those who are close to her. Like her parents and best friends.

As for the kids who stay at Jungkook's grandpa's house, that is an exception because she wants the kids to get along with her easier. So, she tells them to call her using her English name.

About Jungkook, he is her employer so she does not feel right that he calls her Rosie. She prefers him calling her Chaeyoung as how he used to.

♡♡♡♡♡

Forty eighth chapter ✔