14

The cold air comes from the A/C makes Chaeyoung gets more nervous as she sits alone in the discussion room waiting for Jungkook. Jieun has told her to wait in there while she gets Jungkook to come to the room. It has passed 20 minutes as Chaeyoung briefly looks at her watch with her fingers fidgeting under the table.

Right after that, the door of the discussion room is opened and Jieun comes in with Jungkook trailing behind her.

"Please forgive us, Ms Park. You must've been thinking why we came here late. Mr Jeon was in a meeting at 15th floor. I hope you aren't offended with him being here late.", Jieun says as she gives way for Jungkook to sit down on the chair next to Chaeyoung.

"Oh, it's okay. I'm fine...waiting in here.", Chaeyoung replies with a short smile to Jieun.

"Good, then. So, now I will leave you two alone..."

"No, Jieun-ssi. You may sit on my left side. You need to be here too since you're the one in charge of recruiting new staff. I might need your help here.", Jungkook cuts Jieun from finishing her words. He puts a file on the table as he told her that.

Jieun's eyes grow a bit bigger as she looks at Jungkook. The younger man just rolls his eyes signalling her to sit on the empty chair on his left. Chaeyoung remains seated on his right side as she looks down to the file on the table.

Once Jieun sits next to him, he taps his fingers on the table to get Chaeyoung's attention on him. "So...you have come here today, Ms Park Chaeyoung and I'm sure you've received an email regarding the additional conditions to be included in your job offer. In the file in front of you, you can see the new job offer letter with its benefits all written in there. You may have a look and read it before you make your final decision.", Jungkook says to Chaeyoung.

"I think I shouldn't read it anymore. I trust you and your company's motto. 'Effort makes you.' You said you will teach me the ropes about business, I trust your words on that. Plus, your company's motto is actually encouraging me to do my best now and not to throw the chance away or I will regret it someday. So...", Chaeyoung stops as she opens the last page of the offer letter in the file.

"I have decided. I'll accept the job offer, Mr Jeon.", she continues as she takes the pen beside the file to put down her signature on the offer letter. Right after she signs it, she pushes the file close to Jungkook who looks at the signature she put with Jieun.

Then, both Jungkook and Jieun look at each other before Jieun claps her hands with a bright smile. "Great! So, now you are officially the personal assistant of J Group's managing director, Mr Jeon Jungkook. Anyway, when do you think you can start working, Ms Park?", the HR head asks excitedly to Chaeyoung.

"Umm...can I start by next week? I mean...I haven't told my friends at my current workplace that I am accepting the offer you gave me..."

"Sure. Next Monday you will start to work here. Jieun will contact you soon for more details about your ID card and such. Is the time given enough for you, Chaeyoung-ssi?", Jungkook says without waiting for Chaeyoung to finish her sentence.

"Y..yes, it is. Thank you, Mr Jeon, Ms Lee.", Chaeyoung replies with a bow of head to them. "Good. Well, then. I see you next Monday, Chaeyoung-ssi.", Jungkook stands up as he said that.

Chaeyoung also stands up from the chair and bows again towards Jungkook. Jieun stands up too and she is ready to go to the door to open it for them before Chaeyoung says thanks again to her and Jungkook. After that, she is the first to make a move out of the discussion room leaving Jieun and Jungkook.

Jieun looks at Jungkook and saw him letting out a sigh of relief. "Jungkook-ssi, what was that?", she asks him as she closes the door back. "What?", Jungkook acts innocent as he asks her back. "What happened to the cold and strict ways you said? You literally being too considerate than I expected.", Jieun says as she sits at the chair that Chaeyoung sat on before.

"Ugh, I guess it's not like how we planned it. So, how did you think about her?", Jungkook asks as he also sits back to his chair. "What I think about her? I think...she's not like what you said she will be.", Jieun starts to tell him her opinion on Chaeyoung.

"I mean...we tried to make her pissed off with you coming in late to see her but she looked fine. She doesn't seem to have the trait of a gold digger or obsessed stalker as you told me. She looks...just like a fresh grad who wants to do her best in her first job. Oh, she reminds me of myself when I first came here. Except that she looks super nervous and I can see her fingers never stop fidgeting under the table.", Jieun says with a giggle in the end.

Jungkook nodded quietly thinking of Jieun's opinion on Chaeyoung. "So...you are right that I am wrong about her?", he asks after a few minutes of silence between them.

"I...can't say that yet. It's still too early to make a conclusion about her. You said you give her a month to see if this job suits her or not, then we have a month to observe her true intention to work here. Either it's to get some of your wealth or she's really just desperate to get a decent job. But, I think I might be right and I have something else that's in my head which could be right too.", Jieun replies.

"What's that?", Jungkook asks, wanting to know what is in the smart brain of her.

"I think you will fall in love with her.", Jieun says as she quickly stands up and runs to the door.

Jungkook widen his eyes and shook his head hearing her words. "Noona, that's...not funny.", he says as he watches her leaving him after that sudden teasing.

♡♡♡♡♡

Fourteenth chapter ✔