47

Chaeyoung looks at the time on her watch before remembering that she forgot to take the cup from Jungkook's office. Usually Jungkook will call her in around 10 or 11 to take the empty cup but not today. The time has also passed 10 minutes after lunch hour and Jungkook has not yet coming out of his office.

She decides to knock on his door to take the cup and ask if he wants her to buy him food at the cafe. But, the door is opened before she can do so. She sees Jungkook at the door with his left hand holding the empty cup.

"Oh, Chaeyoung. You're still here.", he says as he gets out of his office.

"Yeah, I was going to get the cup actually.", she tells him.

"It's okay. I'll wash this myself. Anyway, can you buy me food from the cafe? I don't think I can go out today. Too many files to check, some documents to sign and all. Just buy the usual, okay?", he says as he hands her his credit card.

Chaeyoung takes it and nods to him before excusing herself to go to the elevator.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung just entered the cafe when she sees Jieun and Minhyuk queueing to buy their food. She smiles at them before Minhyuk greets her making Jieun also turns around to her. She greets them back before Minhyuk goes to order his food and Jieun's.

"Chaeyoung, where's Jungkook?", Jieun asks.

"He's busy upstairs, unnie. He said too many things to check, to sign..."

"Oh, that kid. Still acting as if he's the busiest person ever on his own birthday.", Jieun cuts her off complaining about Jungkook.

Chaeyoung frowns before thinking what today's date is. "Oh...it's his birthday.", she says as she realized it.

"Yes and he doesn't like to celebrate it. There was one time he was happy to celebrate it. Maybe...four or five years ago. But, that was it. He doesn't like to celebrate it. He said it reminds him of he's getting older and nothing's great about being old. He told me that when he was just 11. Imagine that kid being so serious at that age.", Jieun reveals.

Chaeyoung nods to her words. There was one time he was happy to celebrate it. Could it be when he had a surprise party with Eunbi? And that was it, she hurt him instead.

"Chaeyoung, go on make your food order.", Jieun says to her whose mind wandered off for a minute. She keeps Jungkook's card in her purse and uses her own card instead.

♡♡♡♡♡

That evening, Chaeyoung is thinking whether to wish Jungkook happy birthday or not. She has cleared her desk and ready to go home but that one thing bothers her mind. When she is asking herself to say it or not, the door to Jungkook's office is opened startling her.

Jungkook shows his head out and calls her when he sees her still at her place. He leans at the door and shows his credit card that she gave back after buying his food. He looks at her with a serious expression.

"I checked the transaction made using this card but there's no transaction today. Did you use your own money to pay for my food?", he asks.

"Oh...that. Actually I forgot about it when I want to pay. So, I used my own money instead. Only after I got back here I remember you gave me your card. I'm sorry.", she answers.

He frowns at her. He does not believe her words so he stares down to her eyes purposely trying to intimidate her. Chaeyoung stays frozen while holding her handbag tightly with Jungkook getting closer to her.