3

Chaeyoung sits on the sofa and opens the television. Even though her eyes are on the TV screen, her mind is actually thinking something else different from what the screen is showing. She is thinking of her father. The father who has just died. The father who is her biological one which she only knew for a month.

♡♡♡♡♡

"Chae, I promise you that I will bring you to meet your mother. But, you have to be ready first. Are you ready right now?", Jeon Junyoung says to her. Chaeyoung puts the glass slowly before answering her father's question. "Right now like...now?", she asks back. "Yes. If you're ready, I will take you to see her now.", he replies.

"But, you said that she cannot accept it when you told her about me.", Chaeyoung says making Junyoung nods.

"Yes, she can't accept it. That's why I want to just bring you to her. Maybe she will change her mind and can accept you after that.", he tells her. Chaeyoung keeps quiet after hearing it. "Plus, I don't think I have a lot of time left.", he continues but Chaeyoung quickly stops him from saying more.

"Don't say that, abeoji! Please don't. I want to see her but...if can, give me some time to think first, abeoji.", Chaeyoung says. "Please. I admit I am not ready yet for now.", she continues. Junyoung nods slowly.

"Okay. I'll give you time but...the next time we meet you have to be ready to meet her, okay? I'm afraid I didn't have the chance to do it.", he says and again Chaeyoung intervenes.

"Why are you saying such a thing, abeoji? Don't say it. If we will meet next time, then I will get to meet my real mother too. Okay?", Chaeyoung says, trying to make her father feel better. He just smiles at her despite of telling her about his illness.

♡♡♡♡♡

Without realizing, Chaeyoung has tears in her sleep. Once she wakes up, she says 'Abeoji' and realizes that she just had a dream about him. Then, she looks at the clock on the wall and is shocked with what she sees. She takes her phone and looks at the clock on the screen to confirm. After noticing that it is already 8 a.m., she quickly jumps out of her bed and goes to the bathroom.

♡♡♡♡♡

At the busy road, Chaeyoung tries her best to ride her scooter to reach her workplace. When she has to take a left on a junction, she almost gets hit by a car and she falls on the road. She screams a little and tries to ignore what just happened. She has to get to her workplace, that is all in her mind.

"Taehyung, look if that person is okay or not.",  Soyeon says to her chauffeur.

Her son, Jungkook does not care about what happened out there and keeps on playing game on his phone. Taehyung gets out and asks the girl riding the scooter if she is alright. "I'm alright, I'm sorry.", she says quickly while trying to start the scooter again.

"You should've looked first before you take a turn. It's wrong to just turn, you know?", Taehyung tries to give an advice. Chaeyoung looks at him for a while and says sorry while bowing slightly. Then, she rides away and left Taehyung feeling weird of her.

♡♡♡♡♡

As she reaches the bookstore, she quickly changes her clothes and goes to the cashier place. There, she sees that her boss is handling the cashing machine and her face does not look good. She is angry. Chaeyoung stands in front of her and after the customer walks away from there, she says sorry for her lateness.

"So easy for you to say sorry, are you?", the boss says angrily. Chaeyoung keeps her head down and is scared to look at her eye to eye. "Do you know what I told you about being late before?", she asks. "Yes.", Chaeyoung answers slowly. "I can accept you're sorry but I can't accept the same fault twice. Get it? This is the second time so you know what it means.", she says.

"But...", Chaeyoung's words are stopped by her.

"But, what? What else you want to say?", the boss asks.

"But, the first one wasn't my fault alone. Yugyeom was the one who forgot to give me the key.", Chaeyoung says. "I don't care. Didn't I tell you that you two as colleagues shouldn't have miscommunication? That's your fault with him but still...the same as this one. Go now. You're fired!", the boss tells her angrily.

Not having anything else to say to defend herself, Chaeyoung says her thanks for giving her a chance to work there and walks out slowly with tears in her eyes. As she reaches her scooter, she sits on it and wipes her tears away. She has to be strong. She cannot cry just because of this, she tells herself.

♡♡♡♡♡

Third chapter ✔