67

It has been a week since the day Jungkook found out the truth about him and Chaeyoung. Now, he comes back to Seoul after spending days to find Chaeyoung in Cheonan but to no avail. She is nowhere in that city as how Jimin has investigated on to be her hometown.

Before he decided to come back to Seoul, he found out that Jimin gave him his money back for the investigation. It showed that Jimin did faked her information and he did not answer any calls from Jungkook who wants to get an explanation. His weird behaviour of being missing like that really bothers Jungkook as he thinks why Jimin did that to him.

Now, here he is waiting for the elevator to go to the 5th floor of the apartment while thinking where he can start to find Chaeyoung again.

"Jungkook!", the voice of someone calling his name makes him turning to see who it is at the entrance.

It is Kiyong, his grandpa's driver.

"Jungkook, wait up!", he says as he grabs Jungkook's arm halting him from going into the elevator that has opened.

Jungkook looks behind Kiyong and sees his grandpa walking slowly with the walking stick to where he is.

"Please wait a minute. Your grandpa wants to talk with you. Don't be gone again.", Kiyong pleads.

"I told him not to look for me.", he replied as he tried to pull his arm from Kiyong's hold on him.

"Jungkook, please stop for a while.", Byunghun's voice stops him from pulling away.

The old man in his early 70 heaves a deep breath as he stops in front of Jungkook.

"Just leave. I don't want to see anyone for now.", Jungkook says to him back.

"Jungkook, your mom...and I, we will help you to find Chaeyoung. We'll start from Cheonan. We have an info that her hometown is..."

"Stop. Cheonan? Did you guys pay someone to investigate about her?", Jungkook asks.

Byunghun nods and said he paid for a private investigator around a month ago. Then, Jungkook asked if the name of the private investigator is Genius J and Byunghun said yes. Jungkook scoffs knowing it and asks further if he checks his bank account or anything if he receives the payment back.

"No. Why, Jungkook?", Byunghun asks.

"Just forget Cheonan. She's not there.", Jungkook says without telling the reason.

"How do you know she's not in Cheonan?", Byunghun asks as he holds Jungkook's arm.

The young man utters a sigh, he does not want to be rude but he cannot think straight at the moment. He can only think of where to find Chaeyoung and he does not care about anything else. Not even the old man in front of him right now but he knows they need to know that Chaeyoung is not in that city.

"I hired Genius J too and he gave what I paid him back. I think he faked her information. So don't waste your time to find her there.", he says before he excuses himself.

♡♡♡♡♡

Byunghun sighs after he ended the call while on his way to go to Soyeon's mansion. Kiyong sees the look on the old man's face. He seems weary and sad at the same time.

"Master Lee, is everything okay?", Kiyong asks as they wait for the traffic light to turn green.

"Seungwon, our guard received a letter from Genius J. Guess what's inside it?", Byunghun says. "Ah...money?", Kiyong guesses as he heard Jungkook said about Genius J gave back their money for the investigation he did on Chaeyoung. "A cheque with the same amount I paid him.", Byunghun corrects him.

Kiyong is a bit shocked. So, Jungkook was telling the truth. Chaeyoung is not in Cheonan. Genius J faked her information. But, why?

"Now I'm worried about Soyeon. She paid that guy too. Where can we find my grandchild now?", Byunghun says his concern of his daughter who has been discharged two days ago.

She is supposed to be discharged on last Sunday but had to stay until Friday after she had internal bleeding. All that happened after she fainted on the day everything is revealed. She almost lost herself, she has no appetite, she stays silent and she always cry thinking of Chaeyoung.

Luckily Byunghun stays behind to take care of her until she is allowed to be discharged.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook stops drying his hair with the towel when he sees the big picture frame of Chaeyoung attached to the wall far behind him through the mirror.

"Where are you, Chaeyoung?", he asks as he turns around to see it again. "I miss you.", he says as a tear escaped his eye.

♡♡♡♡♡

Sixty seventh chapter ✔