37

After the 'Egg Drop' game, everyone is given 15 minutes to rest before they continue with another game in a conference room at the fifth floor of the hotel. Some of them stay outside the room, some other go to the vending machine to buy snacks and a few go to the restroom.

Chaeyoung enters the restroom which is further than the ones that close to the room because it is not packed with people. However, she regrets it when she hears her name in a conversation between two people in two occupied toilet cubicles.

"You were in a group with her yesterday, Minnie.", a person in the most left cubicle said.

"Chaeyoung...oh, the blonde girl. Yes, what about her?", the girl named Minnie replies.

"Yeah, the blonde girl. I don't like her. I heard she wasn't qualified to be a PA. She doesn't have the experience at all.", the girl tells Minnie.

"Woah! Where did you hear this, unnie? Is it real?", Minnie asks as she opens the door to her cubicle.

Chaeyoung looks down trying to ignore them as she is standing in front of the big mirror in the restroom.

"I was at HR department last week and CEO Jeon was there too. I heard from her but you can say I was eavesdropping on her.", the girl in the cubicle tells Minnie what she knows.

"You eavesdropping on our CEO?", Minnie asks as she fixes her makeup. It seems like she does not care of Chaeyoung who is just a few steps away from her.

"No, it accidentally happened actually.", the girl opens the door of her cubicle as she said it.

Then, Chaeyoung looks at her through the mirror and sees who she is. Miyeon, the junior auditor she got along just a while ago because they were in the same group. Miyeon sees her and her eyes widen as she pulls Minnie's hand.

She whispers to Minnie telling her that Chaeyoung is just beside them before they slowly walk to the entrance. However, they step back inside making Chaeyoung looks at them weirdly. Then, she sees Jieun appearing with her face looking at the two girls.

"Miyeon-ssi, Minnie-ssi. I heard your conversation.", she stops as she glanced at Chaeyoung briefly.

"And I'm sure Chaeyoung-ssi heard it too. Apologise at once or you will face a bigger consequences later.", she adds.

Minnie looks scared more than Miyeon is and she quickly says sorry to Chaeyoung with her eyes pooled in tears. She promises to not say anything bad about Chaeyoung again and almost bows down. However, Chaeyoung stops her and says that it is okay.

She then, leaves the restroom as Jieun lets her go. Miyeon who looks surprised with Jieun's sudden appearance slowly say sorry too. Chaeyoung replies the same like she did with Minnie but she adds something.  She asks her a question.

"Did CEO Jeon really say that I'm not qualified to be a PA?", she utters out the question to Miyeon.

"Miyeon-ssi, you may leave now but make sure you will not repeat this attitude again.", Jieun interrupts before Miyeon can speak up.

She does as Jieun says after bowing slightly at them. Jieun looks at Chaeyoung and says sorry about the two staff. She checks herself in the mirror before calling for Chaeyoung's name to get her attention.

"What's on your mind?", she asks as she turns to see Chaeyoung's face that expresses sadness.

"I was the one who talked with CEO Jeon at that time and she was just curious, Chaeyoung. She asked about you and I assured her that my decision to choose you as Jungkook's PA is correct. If not, how come Jungkook becomes more mature and serious at work? Don't listen to the others, they know nothing. They just know to eavesdrop and make speculations. Ignore them, okay?", she explains to Chaeyoung.

"How do you know he's more mature and serious because of me? Anyone who is in my position can do that.", Chaeyoung still looks sad as she says that.

Jieun sighs before giving her a smile. "Chaeyoung, if you want to know, Jungkook doesn't like business world but he does it for his mom. And when he first comes to work, he doesn't come on time and always go home early. But, that changed when you're here. You might think I'm just exaggerating but that is what it is. You can ask Taehyung, their family chauffeur or just ask the guards at the main entrance of our company building. They see the changes but...they just don't know what the reason to it. And I know it's because of you.", she tells her before she pinched her cheeks softly.

Chaeyoung pouts before saying that anyone can make him change again. "Hey, I said you. It's only you, no one else. Now, please cheer up and smile again. We still have more games to play today, okay?", Jieun says to Chaeyoung to make her happy again.

"Yeah, I need to use the toilet actually. I almost forgot that.", Chaeyoung replies as she gets inside a cubicle.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook checks back his important schedule of the week before he sighs looking at the meeting he has on Thursday. "I should have told Chaeyoung to change this to a different day.", he says as he points at the schedule tomorrow. "Guess I won't be able to see what she can do in the competition then.", he says before he closes the schedule.

♡♡♡♡♡

"Okay, everyone. Now that you're in your group for the competition tomorrow, let me tell you guys again about it. It's a talent competition, a group work. You guys can discuss what you want to do starting tonight until tomorrow evening. At night, the competition starts and you guys have 10 minutes each to show what you guys have. Is it  clear?", Kihyun tells them through the megaphone.

"YES!!!", everyone shouts in unison.

Then, Kihyun tells them that they are free to discuss about the competition anywhere they want before dismissing them. The 10 groups that are made for the competition tomorrow start to go their own ways with some of them stay in the conference room while the rest go out to discuss elsewhere.

Chaeyoung is in a group with Sooyoung, Bae Jinyoung (also known by the name Punch), Park Chanyeol, Yook Sungjae and Lee Taeyong. Chanyeol takes charge as the leader and they decide to discuss somewhere outdoor to get ideas. Chaeyoung is quite happy that she is in a group with Sooyoung who is her own roommate.

However, she feels a bit left out when she sees Sooyoung is always with Sungjae. She has a feeling that they are together but she keeps it to herself for the moment. She will try to ask when they are back to their own room later.

♡♡♡♡♡

Thirty seventh chapter ✔