19

That Friday, Jungkook calls Chaeyoung into his office before the office hour ends to review her tasks. She has had her note ready and tells him everything without him interrupting her. Once she is done telling him everything, he asks her whether she has a passport since she will follow him for a meeting in Gwangju and will need to take a flight there.

"Yes but...am I going to stay at the hotel too?", she asks him. "Of course. You're my PA. You need to be close to me. Wait...you didn't book for your own hotel room, is it?", he asks her after realizing why she asked him that question.

"Uh...I didn't think about it. I'm sorry.", she quickly apologizes.

"What about the other meetings out of Seoul?", he asks and she shakes her head.

"How can you...do you want to sleep in the same room as mine? No, right? You should've known these things, Chaeyoung!", he shouts at her making her eyes scared to look at him. She looks down to the ground with her hands fidgeting behind the note she holds.

"Book a room for yourself as soon as possible and make sure this doesn't happen again. You may leave now.", he says as he sits back to his chair. "O...okay, Jungkook-ssi. I'll do it now.", she says as she turns around. "Do it at home. Everyone's leaving now. I don't want you to do it in a hurry. You might mess up.", Jungkook says making Chaeyoung stops for a while.

Once she gets out of his office, she walks to her place and sits down on the chair. She closes her eyes trying to hold the tears from coming out. She has been doing it since three days ago after she thought he was so kind for thinking of buying her lunch on her second day.

However, he turns cold after that day and never buy her lunch anymore. He will just tell her to eat at the cafeteria downstairs if she is late for her lunch time.

"Relax, Chae. You can do this.", she tells herself before she hears the door of Jungkook's office is clicking.

"Why are you still here? Go home, Chaeyoung. See you next week.", he says as he walks with his briefcase in his right hand. Chaeyoung quickly stands up and bows to him before she cleans her table.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung settles down on the sofa while booking for the hotel to stay using her phone. Her father, Park Haejin comes and sits beside her asking her of how was her first week of working at the new place. With her eyes still focus on her phone, she nods and says that everything went well.

"A busy first week, I can say. Too many document filings to be done but overall, everything's good, abeoji.", she says as she checks the booking she made once again.

"You must be tired. Sleep early tonight. Tomorrow morning we go to the river, okay?", her father tells her as he turned off the TV.

Chaeyoung's eyes lit up upon hearing what he said. "We going fishing tomorrow?", she asks excitedly.

The mid-forty man nods and smiles to her. "It's been so long since we went fishing at the river. So, tomorrow we'll go together, okay? Now, go get your sleep. Rest your body and mind. I'm sure you feel sore to sit on the office chair for 8 hours every day.", he tells her.

Chaeyoung agrees with a nod and stands up from the sofa. "I'll see you in the morning, abeoji. Good night.", she says as she sees her father goes inside his room first. Then, she walks to her room which is a few steps away from his and gets inside while looking at his closed door.

"I'm sorry for not being honest about my job, abeoji.", she says as she feels guilty when her father thought she is just a regular clerk whose work require to sit for hours at the same place in the office. She even hides the fact that she is actually working at J Group and just told her father that she works at a small company instead. All because she does not want him to know that she is trying to get close to her biological mother, Jeon Soyeon.

♡♡♡♡♡

Nineteenth chapter ✔