23

Jimin smiles as Chaeyoung comes with a glass of water for him. "Here's lemonade for you, oppa.", she says as she puts the glass on the table near him.

"Thanks, Chae.", he replies as he took the glass.

Then, Chaeyoung says that they have not been meeting each other for almost three years because he left Busan quietly. She asks how he is doing now and he smiles as he drinks the lemonade. She looks pretty excited to see him again and he is happy too that he got to meet her again.

"What are you doing now, oppa? You must have a great job now, right?", she asks him even though he still does not answer any of her questions.

Her excitement makes Jimin chuckles at her. He nods before asking her to slow down from asking him more questions. She covers her mouth and says sorry before telling him to answer her questions one by one.

"Okay, Chaeyoung. First of all, I am doing good. Great, I think. What I'm doing now...I'm visiting my favourite person, my dearest sister.", he laughs as he points at her who he has already treated like his own sister. "My job now? If I tell you, will you believe me?", he adds.

"What is it? Just tell me, oppa.", Chaeyoung replies.

"I'm a private investigator, Chae.", he answers.

Chaeyoung gapes in amazement before asking him if it is for real. "Yeah, I've been doing it for two years. That's why I've been lying low for some time. I'm building a name in being a private investigator, Chae.", he tells her without hiding anything.

"Whoa! Then...you must have a nickname or something, right? You're like a secret agent, are you?", Chaeyoung asks excitedly.

Jimin nods to her. "You are now meeting Genius J, the excellent private investigator who can find anything about anyone you want to know. The man behind the black hood and mask.", he says as he smiles and gives his hand up for a hand shake.

Chaeyoung accepts his hand shake and claps proudly for him. "Are you doing this alone or...you're in some agency? How did you do it, oppa?", she asks him.

"Doing this alone. I prefer alone so that I can work without having to choose to side with which clients. You know, sometimes we have to work for two related clients and that will just put me in big trouble if they're in bad terms. So, alone is the best.", he explains to her.

Chaeyoung nods in understanding. "But, oppa. Is it okay for you to tell me all this?", she asks as she realizes that he might have just revealed something that he should keep as a secret from anyone.

"Well, I trust you. That's why I don't have a problem to tell you about my job.", he replies.

"Anyway, Chae. There's actually a reason why I come here to see you.", he continues as he remembers why he looks for her.

Chaeyoung frowns before asking about it. Her face becomes serious when she sees how Jimin gets serious as he takes out a file from his jacket and puts it on the table. He asks her to open the file and she does as he told.

"Right now, I'm being tasked to find information about you.", he tells her.

His word makes Chaeyoung's eyes widen. She does not understand why she is being the person he is investigating on. At the same time, she is thinking of who could have been trying to get information about her.

"Actually, this is my second time I have to investigate about you, Chae.", he continues.

"Who...hired you to do this, Jimin oppa?", Chaeyoung asks. Her voice sounds scared and worried already. Her excitement completely faded. She is thinking who is trying to find out about her before Jimin reveals it to her.