59

Chaeyoung checks her phone to see the list she has made before she went to work that morning. She wants to make kimchi stew for her dinner so she goes to the mall to buy what is needed for it there. Before she goes to the grocery section, she walks into the washroom first as she feels the need to use it.

When she has done with her business in the toilet cubicle, she goes out to the area with the long mirror attached to the wall to check on her face for a moment. While she is busy there, someone comes in and hit a person that just got out of the first toilet cubicle. She sees them and recognizes the person being hit making her a bit surprised.

Chaeyoung tries to not draw attention to herself as she watches the person trying to take out something from her handbag at the other end of the area. She slowly walks to the entrance of the washroom before seeing the person she watched earlier fainting beside her.

"CEO Jeon!", she shouts as she tried to hold the elder woman by the shoulder.

"Are you...are you okay?", she asks worriedly.

"I need to sit.", the elder says.

Chaeyoung looks around and sees a bench outside the washroom. Then, she helps Soyeon with one of her hands holding Soyeon while the other holding her handbag. As they sit on the bench, Chaeyoung asks her if she is unwell and does she come with someone there.

"Taehyung. Do you know him?", Soyeon asks as she touched her head.

"Taehyung? Your driver?", Chaeyoung asks to confirm that she is not wrong.

Soyeon nods with her face looking to be holding the pain she is feeling. "He's at the fruit place. Find him for me.", she says as she holds Chaeyoung's wrist tightly hoping that the girl can help her.

Chaeyoung is a bit startled with Soyeon being in pain like that. She nods and promises that she will bring Taehyung to her before she leaves to find him. She runs quickly to the grocery section and finds the fruit area there.

She looks to the left and right before she sees the person she is looking for at the counter.

"Taehyung-ssi!", she calls him as she stands beside him.

Taehyung is shocked with her calling him with the worried look on her face. He takes the mangoes he bought after the payment is made. Then, he asked her why she looks worried as she pulls his hand to follow her.

When Chaeyoung tells him about Soyeon, he gets worried too and they speed up to the bench to find Soyeon.

"There she is.", Chaeyoung says as she sees Soyeon is already standing up from the bench she sat earlier.

"CEO Jeon, are you okay?", she asks but Soyeon does not answer her.

"Madam, are you okay? Chaeyoung-ssi said you almost fainted.", Taehyung asks too.

Soyeon nods and looks at what is in Taehyung's hand.

"You've bought it?", she asks and Taehyung says yes. "Your favourite fruit. I got it but are you really okay now? I don't..."

"I'm okay. It's nothing actually.", Soyeon replies. "Don't worry about me.", she adds.

Chaeyoung looks at Soyeon's face and she smiles at her. "I'm glad you're alright now, CEO Jeon.", she tells her.

"And you, thank you for helping earlier. Taehyung, take me home now.", Soyeon says as she briefly look at Chaeyoung before starting to walk away from there.

Chaeyoung is a bit surprised that Soyeon said thank you to her despite keeping her serious face as if nothing happened to her a few minutes ago. She watches Soyeon and Taehyung leaving her before her sight catches the mangoes in Taehyung's hand. She smiles as she heard what Taehyung said about it earlier.

"We like the same fruit, eomeoni.", she says to herself before getting worried of Soyeon again. "Take care always, eomeoni.", she wishes for Soyeon.

♡♡♡♡♡

The quietness of the night makes Soyeon to think of what happened that day to her at the mall as she is eating the mango she cut. She is thinking if she should do a medical checkup since she has not done it for a while now. Then, she remembered Chaeyoung. That girl helped her from fainted.

"If she's ours, why did she got switched with Jungkook?", she mumbles the thought out to herself.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung takes a long look at the new photo in the frame without realizing herself smiling to it. She does not aware of Jungkook who has walked in to the office at all. Jungkook looks at what she is doing as her back is facing him. He slowly appeared at her right seeing her smiling at his photo with his family.

"It was taken on my graduation day.", he tells her.

Chaeyoung turns to her right and quickly puts back the photo frame on his table.

"I'm sorry. I was just cleaning off the dust and saw the photo. You just changed it, right? Because the previous photo doesn't have your grandpa in it.", she defends herself before Jungkook thinks of anything else.

He nods and says good morning to her as he puts his briefcase under the table.

"Good morning, Jungkook.", she replied while looking down to the floor, feeling embarrassed of getting caught looking at his photo just now.

"This is the last photo we took with my appa. It's taken four months ago and I was so happy then. My parents and grandpa came all the way to New York just to celebrate my graduation. I didn't expect it because they lied to me. They said they were busy but then, they showed up that day. Best day in my life. I will not forget it.", he smiles at the end of his sentence.

Chaeyoung slowly nods to the story behind the photo frame. Deep inside her heart, she feels sad thinking of his father which is her real father. She can feel that he and Soyeon really loves Jungkook as their son. No wonder Soyeon does not want her to stay there. She could break the family, not just hurt Jungkook alone.

"Chaeyoung, are you okay?", he asks as he sees her staying quiet while standing in front of his table.

She looks away for a second before nodding. "I'm okay. I was just...suddenly reminded of Bobby and Lily when I saw your grandpa.", she tells him as she points at the photo with a smile.

"Do you miss them?", he asks.

"Well, a bit.", she answers.

"A bit but your eyes don't agree with you. You're in tears.", he says to her.

Chaeyoung shakes her head and holds herself from letting her tears fall. "Maybe...I miss them a lot. I like kids, you know.", she tells him.

"Okay, then. Tomorrow we go to my grandpa's house in the afternoon.", he replies as his eyes shift to the computer in front of him.

"What? No, that's not what I mean. Jungkook..."

She stops as Jungkook puts up his hand signalling her to be quiet. "We'll go there. I want to see my grandpa too.", he tells her before asking her if she can make a coffee for him.

She wants to say no to go to his grandpa's house but as usual, he acts like a kid with her. He closes his ears and tells her to make his coffee within five minutes. If not, he will be sulking with her for a day. His childish behaviour makes her annoyed with him so she walks out to the pantry to make him coffee as he wanted.

♡♡♡♡♡

Fifty ninth chapter ✔

Go to next update coz' I love you guys for making this story reach 10k reads and 1k votes.