65

Before you read, I want to tell you something...

I CAN'T STOP WRITING. Forgive me. Quarantine makes me this way. 😅

♡♡♡♡♡

It has been her fourth try to call Jungkook in the morning. She hopes he answer her this time or she will raid the hospital just to inform him this important and shocking news.

"Jungkook, what took you so long to answer me?!", Jieun yells as Jungkook finally answers her call.

"Sorry, noona. My phone's in silent mode. I didn't realize you called.", he replies as he walks out of the ward.

Then, Jieun asks him if he already knows something about Chaeyoung and he frowns as he asked what she is telling him.

"Gosh..you still don't know, it seems.", Jieun says.

"What is it, noona?", Jungkook asks in confusion.

"Chaeyoung, she...she sent her resignation letter, Jungkook.", Jieun reveals.

There is a momentary silence from Jungkook's side as Jieun waits for his response.

"Jungkook? Did you..."

"Jieun noona...are you trying to joke with me this early morning?", he asks her, the tone of his voice sounds serious despite hoping that she is just joking about Chaeyoung with him.

Jieun feels troubled to answer it but she had to, "She emailed me her resignation at 8 AM, Jungkook. Almost 15 minutes ago."

Jungkook sighs. "She can't do that without telling me. Hmm...it's fine. I'll come in to the office now.", he says before he hangs up quickly. Then, he searched for Chaeyoung's name to call her.

"You've got to be kidding me..", he says as he gets back into his mother's ward to inform her that he needs to go out for a while.

♡♡♡♡♡

Taehyung rushes to the front of Jungkook's office after he got a call from Seokjin. He is about to barge into the office when Jieun stops him. He asks Jieun if Jungkook is inside the office and she nods.

"I'm sorry if I disturb you but I tried to call him. He didn't answer and just locked himself in there.", Jieun says.

It has been three hours since Jungkook came in and saw the resignation letter Chaeyoung sent to the HR department. Then, he went to his office and locked himself up in there. So, Jieun had to call Seokjin as she only has his phone number as one of the closest people to Jungkook.

However, he could not come to talk to Jungkook as he was in a meeting. So, he called Taehyung instead to come and check on the younger man. Jieun does not want to call Soyeon as she does not want to worry her. She knows that Soyeon is still recovering after the kidney tranplant she had so it is better not to bother her at the moment.

"Okay. Umm...do you have a spare key to open the door?", Taehyung asks.

"Jungkook keeps the keys to himself. Even the security team don't have a spare key to his office.", Jieun informs.

Taehyung nods to it before trying to turn the doorknob. Then, he tries to call for Jungkook a few times as he knocks on the door. Jungkook does not respond to him so he asks if CCTV cameras are installed in his office and Jieun says no to him.

"Well then, I guess I have to break the door to see what he's doing inside.", Taehyung says as he gets himself ready to kick down the door in front of him.