35

Jungkook carries his luggage as he arrives at his family's mansion. When he gets in and closes the door behind him, he yells 'I'm home' as he usually does. However, he does not hear any reply at all.

Taehyung is not even outside and probably is in his room which is at the underground floor. Jungkook continues carrying his luggage to the stairs to go to his room before he hears a loud glass falling sound from the kitchen.

"What's that?", he asks as he slowly walks down the stairs and goes to the kitchen.

He walks quietly until he sees a figure near the dining table trying to take the fallen glass bottle. He turns on one of the lights at the dining area and looks at the person who is drinking in the dark.

"Eomma?", he says as he sees her long hair under the table. "Eomma, are you drinking?", he asks as he walks nearer to her.

"Junyoung? Is that you, honey?", he hears Soyeon mumbling as she grabs the empty bottle on the floor.

He looks at the two other bottles on the table. Then, he watches Soyeon trying to sit back on the chair.

"Eomma, it's me. Jungkook.", he says with a sad tone as he helps her to sit carefully. "Jungkook? My son, you're here.", she says as she touches Jungkook's face. Jungkook tries to hold himself from the smell of the alcohol coming from Soyeon's mouth.

"Eomma, why did you drink? Where did you get these? I thought you've stopped drinking.", he asks her as he pushes the bottles further away on the table.

Soyeon smiles with her eyes half closed before saying, "I bought this on my way home. I just drink a bit, Jungkook-ah. Don't worry about me."

"How can I not worry?! Do you remember that time you fainted? Namjoon hyung told me that you always drink and that damaged your kidney! I don't want anything worse to happen to you, eomma.", he tells her as he tried not to raise his voice to her.

"But I have to drink, Jungkook. If I don't...I'll keep remembering your appa. I...I miss him, Jungkook. I miss him and I regret that I lost him.", Soyeon replies as her eyes start to get teary.

"Eomma...I miss appa too but don't do this, please.", he tells her as he tries to hold his tears.

"I'm scared, Jungkook. I'm scared...I'll lose you too.", Soyeon says as she rests her head on Jungkook's shoulder. He holds her hand tightly before telling her to not think of such things. "You will not lose me, eomma. I'm here, okay?", he tells her as he tried to comfort her.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jieun helps the other facilitators to clean the room after their ice breaking session that day. Chaeyoung sees them and offers help for them even though they are told to go to their rooms already.

"Chaeyoung-ssi, it's okay. We can manage this.", Minhyuk says as he sees Chaeyoung putting the chairs used at one place altogether.

"I want to help. Plus, I don't feel sleepy yet. You guys look tired though.", she replies.

Minhyuk lets out a sigh of relief to her. "We thought you guys are matured enough. I almost lost my voice instructing this and that.", he admits defeat as he sits down for a while. Jieun comes and hits his shoulder. "Weakling! Get your ass up or I tell Kihyun you're slacking off.", she says before running away from him.

Chaeyoung giggles at what she saw before the leader of the facilitators, Yoo Kihyun walks into the room. She eyes Minhyuk to get up and he did in seconds before helping her pushing the chairs.

"Oh, Chaeyoung-ssi. You don't have to do this. Go back to your room. Tomorrow will be a long day for you.", Kihyun says as he takes the chairs from her.

"What's tomorrow's activity, Kihyun-ssi?", she asks but Minhyuk interrupts.

"I'm afraid we can't tell you that. Only us and the higher ups know about the schedule.", he tells her.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung gets back to her room thinking of what the activity they will do tomorrow. Today was a tiring day even though they just stayed in one big room doing ice breaking activities all day. She smiles as she remembers how the day went.

She finally knows their names as they introduce themselves when they got in the room. The games they played in there also made her feel happy even though it was chaotic and messy. Just imagine more than 50 people staying in a room playing games, it definitely was not easy to handle such a lot of people.

"Hmm, what will we do tomorrow?", she asks before her roommate comes in.

"Hi, Chaeyoung.", the black haired girl says as she puts a coffee can on the table.

"Hi, Joy. Where did you go?", Chaeyoung asks Sooyoung who is much more known as Joy. Her name really reflects her character. She is seen always happy during their activities that day.

"Just taking fresh air of the night.", Sooyoung says with a wide smile. Suddenly, her phone is ringing and she looks at the name on it with wide eyes. "Calling again?", she says slowly but Chaeyoung hears it.

"Is it your boyfriend?", she asks and Sooyoung can only smile before she heads to the balcony out there before closing the sliding door.

Chaeyoung shakes her head looking at Sooyoung's cute reaction. She must be shy with her. She understands it though.

"Hmm...maybe I can ask Jungkook about tomorrow. Minhyuk-ssi said the higher ups know.", Chaeyoung says to herself as she remembered what she was thinking of.

♡♡♡♡♡

Thirty fifth chapter ✔