64

Jungkook is walking back and forth in front of the operating theatre as Taehyung sits down keeping his eyes on his watch. It has passed 5 PM and no one comes out of the operating theatre yet. Taehyung can see the restlessness on Jungkook's face so he calls for the younger to relax.

Just as he told Jungkook to sit, the door of the operating theatre is opened. A figure in blue surgical attire with a mask on her mouth walks out looking at Jungkook and Taehyung. She gives a smile as she pulls down her mask to inform Jungkook of Soyeon's condition.

"Mr Jeon Jungkook, the transplant went well. Your mother will be taken to her personal ward to be monitored. Right now if you could, give her some time to rest for a few hours before you visit her, okay?", Hyeri says.

Jungkook looks at Taehyung with happiness as he hugs him brotherly. Then, he bows down to Hyeri twice thanking her for all that she has done.

"It's my job, Mr Jeon. If you want to thank someone, thank the donor. She's the hero to your mother, Mr Jeon.", Hyeri replied humbly to Jungkook.

"Yeah, talking about that...actually I have something to give as a gratitude to the donor...", Jungkook says as he takes out something from his jacket.

"Here, this is it. Can I ask you...to pass it to her, please?", he asks as he hands the envelope filled with big cash to the surgeon.

She takes it and nods to Jungkook. "I'll make sure she receive it.", she says before she excused herself.

♡♡♡♡♡

Taehyung looks at Jungkook who has been trying to call someone a few times. He is curious of who Jungkook is calling so he tried to ask.

"Someone I want to share this good news with.", Jungkook tells him.

"Oh, who?", Taehyung asks, still not knowing who he meant.

"My future wife, Park Chaeyoung.", Jungkook reveals.

Taehyung's mouth opens wide. He does not expect the two are dating. He thought they were just in employer and employee relationship. Nothing more than that.

"What's with that opened mouth, hyung? I thought you knew it already.", Jungkook simply said as if he did not just tell something big to Taehyung.

"Well, I thought you two are close because of work only. How good am I to think like that, right?", Taehyung replied as he takes a big bite of his chicken sandwich.

Jungkook laughs at him before making it clear to him that he and Chaeyoung are not dating but he has made a decision. He tells Taehyung that he already told Chaeyoung about his feelings for her and wants to marry her. Taehyung nods seeing that he really is happy talking about Chaeyoung to him.

When the younger is telling him how he fell for Chaeyoung, his phone rings and he excuses himself to answer the call from his grandpa.

♡♡♡♡♡

The two walk to the ward with their drivers, Taehyung and Kiyong follow behind them. They are talking about the transplant Soyeon had that afternoon as they reach her ward. When they stop in front of it, Namjoon comes out of the ward after he is done checking on Soyeon's condition.

"Oh, hey, Jungkook, Mr Lee.", Namjoon bows to the old man who just came with Jungkook.

"Hyung, how is my eomma?", Jungkook asks.

Namjoon nods slowly, "She's in good condition, Jungkook-ah. The kidney is functioning properly now for her. You can visit her if you want but...don't give her pressure or stress. She still needs to have a rest."