32

Chaeyoung is on her way back to the apartment when she heard her name is called by someone. When she turns to see the voice that called her, she smiles and waves at him with her right hand.

"Hi, oppa. You're early. You said you'll come at 5.", she says as she glanced at her watch that shows the time is 4.40 pm.

"Is it wrong to be early? How are you doing? I hope I don't disturb your weekend, Chae.", Jimin says as he brings a bag of groceries in his hand.

"Absolutely not, Jimin oppa.", she says as they enter the main entrance of the apartment building.

When they reach Chaeyoung's apartment at the 5th floor, they go straight to the kitchen and Jimin gets ready to cook for them. Chaeyoung looks at all of the ingredients he has on her kitchen counter and smiles. "Wah, oppa! These looks like for more than two people. What are we going to cook actually and for who?", Chaeyoung asks him in a joking manner.

"We'll have japchae, dakgalbi and kimchi jjigae. I bought all their ingredients so you better eat everything.", Jimin says as he touched her nose playfully.

"Oppa, that's a lot. It's just us to eat for dinner.", she tells him as she watches him arranging the ingredients on the counter as if it is his own kitchen.

Then, Chaeyoung's phone rings and she excuses herself to answer it.

♡♡♡♡♡

Soyeon looks at the photos of Park Chaeyoung that she got in her case file that Jimin gave her. She looks at the blonde haired girl photos which Jimin got for her. There was one photo of Chaeyoung when she was a kid with two adults who most probably are her parents, one photo of her when she was teen in her high school uniform and one photo of her graduated from University of Seoul having a blonde hair in the photo.

"Her eyes, her smile...no, she doesn't resemble me.", Soyeon says as she throws the photos away and grabs the wine bottle on the table.

♡♡♡♡♡

"Oppa, you're lucky. My friends are coming so you can cook a lot for us.", Chaeyoung comes back to the kitchen telling Jimin about it.

Jimin looks at her and asks her who her friends are in a worried look. "Just...two friends. Jennie and Jisoo, I'll introduce them to you later. You don't have a problem with them coming here, right?", Chaeyoung asks back as she sees the worried look on his face.

"Oh, I know why you're worried. Don't worry, I will not tell them about your job. Plus, I just told them you're my best friend since kindergarten. That's it, oppa.", Chaeyoung assures him.

Jimin slowly nods before continuing to cut the chicken into smaller pieces. "I'll help you to cut these veggies, okay?", Chaeyoung says as she takes a knife from the knife holder. "Okay but be careful.", he reminds her.

Not long after that, he stops what he is doing and goes to the toilet for a while. When he comes back, he walks to Chaeyoung and offers her a chewing gum which she lets him feed into her mouth.

"Thanks, oppa.", she says as she keeps on cutting the carrots. Jimin takes out his phone and plays some music as he knows Chaeyoung likes to have music while cooking in the kitchen. Chaeyoung smiles as he still remembers it even though she still feels sad about him leaving her in a sudden three years ago.

While she was wondering about it, she does not realize that she positioned the carrot wrongly and accidentally cuts her own finger.

"Oww!", she screams as she puts away the knife and looks at her finger.

"Chaeyoung! I told you to be careful. Do you have band-aids anywhere?", Jimin asks as he sees her blood staining the cutting board she used.

"I have in my room. I'll get it myself.", she says as she walks out of the kitchen leaving him.

He looks at the blood stain again and shakes his head. "I don't want to do this but I had to, Chae.", he says as he takes out a cotton swab and wipes the blood stain with it. Then, he quickly puts the swab into a white envelope in his jacket before Chaeyoung comes back to the kitchen.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook is eating ramen in his hotel room while scrolling through his Instagram looking at all recent posts from those he follows. He stops when he sees a certain photo posted by Jisoo. He knows the background in that photo and swipes to the next photo to confirm his guesses.

Then, he sees a photo of Jisoo with Chaeyoung and another unknown lady in the same background. He reads the caption under the photo posted.

'Surprise meals from @rose_is_chaeyoung's best friend!!! Good food, happy tummy, thank you to you, J.'

"Chaeyoung's house...they're really close but...who's J?", he asks as he taps on the photo. He sees two names tagged which is one is Chaeyoung's and the other is tagged to the unknown lady. He thinks for a while before going to Chaeyoung's profile and taps on the 'Follow' button requesting to follow her as she makes her profile private.

"Accept my follow request, Chaeyoung.", he says before going back to Jisoo's photo and gives a 'like' to it.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung and Jimin wave a goodbye at Jisoo and Jennie who are already in the car at the roadside near the apartment building. Once Jisoo's car is gone from their sight, they turn around to go to the underground parking area as Jimin parked his car there.

"Chaeyoung, you can go up. No need to accompany me.", Jimin says to her while pointing to the main entrance.

"You sure?", she asks him.

"Yep, I'm sure. I'll see you next time, okay?", he says as he pats her head like how a brother would do.

Chaeyoung nods and gives him a smile. "Okay, oppa. Thanks for coming and cooked for my friends. I'm sorry I didn't help much.", she says with a pout.

"Hey, it's okay. That finger cut, make sure it heals soon, okay? The next time I see you, I don't want to see even a scar of it.", he reminds her as he looked at her bandaged finger.

"Yes, I won't get another cut or scar at all next time. Okay?", she replies to him before they part ways.

When Chaeyoung is waiting for the elevator to come down, she checks her phone and sees a notification from her Instagram app. "A follow request?", she taps on the notification and it takes her to the profile of the person requesting to follow her on the app.

Her eyes widen at the name of the profile.

@justjungkook

♡♡♡♡♡

Thirty second chapter ✔