25

Jimin looks at Soyeon's face expression after she looked at the file of Park Chaeyoung. "That's all you need to know about Park Chaeyoung, right?", he asks her.

Soyeon nods but her face seems like she is still not satisfied with the information she got. "You don't look satisfied though.", Jimin says.

"You look smart.", Soyeon suddenly comments.

"I wouldn't be Genius J if I'm not smart.", Jimin proudly says with a smirk.

Soyeon smirks too. "If you really are, would you mind if I ask you to do another task, Genius J?", she asks.

"What is it?", Jimin replies with curiosity.

"Please get me her blood sample.", Soyeon simply says to him. However, Jimin's eyes widen at it as he is a bit shocked to hear it from her. "Why...do you need her blood sample?", he asks even though he can guess it himself.

"I need her DNA. That's all I'm going to tell you. If you seek more about her, it's okay. Our deal stops here. I'll find someone else..."

"No, I'll do it. But...you may not get her blood sample. There's more other ways to get her DNA than that. If you don't mind, let me do this task for you.", Jimin says.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook knocks on the door of Chaeyoung's room several times before trying to call her. Just when he is about to tap on the green call icon, she opens the door and bows down saying sorry to him. He tells her to get ready as they will go to Hoseok's restobar that night.

"We going out now?", she asks him.

He nods to her and tells her to get her important things only to bring along with her. Then, she gets inside back and takes her handbag and phone with her. Once she gets out of her room, she tells him that she does not have a proper clothes to wear for the party and Jungkook shuts her mouth with one sentence.

"We're going to get them now.", he says and walks to the elevator leaving her speechless.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung looks again at the white lace sleeveless dress she is wearing in the mirror. This has been the fourth dress she tried since Jungkook did not like the previous three dresses she tried on. She has gotten tired of trying all of them and now, she checks on herself to make sure he is satisfied with it.

While she is busy looking at the dress from every angle, she hears a knock on the door and Jungkook's voice asking if she is done.

"Yes, I am.", she says as she opens the door facing with Jungkook who is already in a checkered gold and white shirt paired with a khaki pants.

She stands still as she looks at him observing her from left to right. He must have been thinking if the dress she is wearing looks good with his. He does not know why but he feels that she needs to look nice to go to the party with him even though they do not know whose party it is.

He recalls the previous dresses she tried on. First was a glittery denim dress which he said looked too sparkly for her. Second dress was a gold sequin dress which he told her to change because it was too revealing. Chaeyoung herself was embarrassed to wear it as it showed too much of her body shape.

The third dress she wore was a black leather dress with a little bit of gold lace which he thought did not match the theme of the party. Right now, she is standing in front of him in the white lace sleeveless dress that has a bit of gold colours on it.

"Okay!", a clap is heard as Jungkook said it. "This will do. Come on.", he says as he grabs her hand while saying that they are late for the party.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook looks around the restobar for Hoseok when he sees that the party area has two guards in front of the entrance. He is about to call Hoseok when Chaeyoung points to the bar area where Hoseok is seen to be serving a customer there. Jungkook goes to the bar and greets Hoseok while Chaeyoung following close behind him.

"Hey, you two made it.", Hoseok says as he fists bump with Jungkook. He jumps out of the serving area and hugs Jungkook before giving a wink at Chaeyoung.

"You look good, Chaeyoung-ssi.", he says with a smile. "Thanks.", Chaeyoung replies shortly to him.

"You two go to the party area first. The host will come in soon. I'll be in there later too.", Hoseok says as he leads them to the entrance.

♡♡♡♡♡

The file containing the birth certificate of Park Chaeyoung is closed for the second time. Soyeon looked at it again as she sits in Junyoung's work room. The scene when she saw Chaeyoung a few days ago came back into her mind.

"She can't be...", she pauses as she looks at the photo frame of her family on the desk.

"Junyoung-ah...that girl isn't our child, right?", she asks as she looks at the man she hugs in the photo.

"If she is...why did...how...I don't understand, honey.", she says as her tears start to fall. She misses her husband. She really is. But at the same time, she is confused with what is happening now.

If what Junyoung said when she was drunk is true, she does not understand why and how it happened. If it is true that Chaeyoung is theirs, why is Jungkook the one that they raised until now? If it is true that Chaeyoung is theirs, how can she be switched with Jungkook when they were born in different hospitals? These questions play in her mind repeatedly as she cries alone in there.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook is drinking a beer when Chaeyoung tells him that she received a call and excused herself. He lets her go and stays where he is while watching everyone in the party doing their own business. Seconds later, Hoseok comes in with a mic and announces that the person they are going to surprise is on the way to come in to the party.

Chaeyoung leaves for the restroom to answer the call she got. "Oh, Jimin oppa. Annyeong.", she says as she answers it.

Meanwhile, Jungkook is trying to not get himself recognised by anyone in the party. He is just there to see Hoseok's restobar and ensures that he will not get along with anyone other than Hoseok. Even though he does not like to be in the crowd like that, he keeps calm as he does not want to cause trouble in someone else's party.

However, he cannot keep his calmness when he sees someone that he recognizes. Everyone is shouting 'Surprise' at that time but Jungkook got startled at a corner seeing the two people coming into the party area. He feels nauseous and dizzy as he tries to walk away from the crowd.

"Hey, JK. Where are you going?", Hoseok asks as he sees Jungkook at the entrance.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I...have to go.", he says as he pats Hoseok's shoulder and keeps walking to the main entrance of the restobar. Hoseok is weird of his actions and then, sees Chaeyoung walking out of the restroom coming back to the party area.

He stops her when she is going to go back to where she and Jungkook were sitting at. He calls her and asks if she is looking for Jungkook. Chaeyoung nods and looks at the place Jungkook supposed to be at but does not see him there anymore.

"He's gone out, Chaeyoung-ssi. I don't know why.", he tells.

"Oh...okay. It's okay, I'll check on him. Anyway, great party, Hoseok-ssi.", she replies before walking to the main entrance to look for Jungkook.

♡♡♡♡♡

Twenty fifth chapter ✔

Lisa isn't in this chapter but today's her birthday. Happy birthday, Lalisa!!