4

The figure shown in the mirror wearing a black suit and tie puts on his round rimless glasses. While checking himself again, his phone rings and the name 'Eomma' appears on the screen.

"Yes, eomma. Good morning.", he says.

"Good morning, son. Are you ready for today?", Soyeon's voice is heard from the other end.

Jungkook smiles a bit before answering, "I am already in my new black suit and tie, eomma. Thank you for getting these ready for me today."

"Good to hear that, Jungkook-ah. I'll see you at J Group later.", she replies and Jungkook nods. He takes his car key and heads out from his room. "See you, eomma. Bye.", he says before ending the call with his mother.

♡♡♡♡♡

It has been a week after the death of the CEO of J Group and three days after she got fired from the bookstore she worked at. Today, Chaeyoung searches for her father's name on the search engine just to see his photos and profile. She smiles looking at how good her father looked in his formal office suit.

She cannot believe that her father was quite a famous figure in the country. 'Jeon Junyoung, CEO of J Group, the leading technology company in South Korea has passed away.' She reads one of the articles' title that appeared on her phone screen.

"What a big name you are, abeoji.", she says as she clicks on the photo of him. She purposely zooms in to get a good look at it. "I miss you, abeoji.", she says while trying to not let her tears drop.

After a while, she keeps on scrolling down until another title and picture gets her attention on them.

'J Group appointing new CEO and a Managing Director today.'

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook loosens his tie as he turns off the TV and takes the bowl of potato snack into his arms. The person in front of him looks at him with a frown on his forehead. After a while of quietness, Jungkook looks at the person standing next to the sofa in front of him.

"Oh, hyung. Don't just stand there. Sit down and have some snacks with me.", he says while showing the other snacks on the table to him.

"Uh...Jungkook. I know you treat me like a brother but you know I'm working for you, right Director Jeon?", Taehyung asks while reminding Jungkook of his position.

The younger man nods with a smile and points to the sofa next to Taehyung. "I know but you're my friend, hyung. Sit down now and join me to relax for a bit. I'm sure this will only last for a while. I'll be so busy after this.", he says as he imagines what kind of busyness he will get himself to.

Taehyung eventually gives up and does as told making Jungkook smiles with satisfaction. "Hyung, I have a question since this is my first time coming here as a director in the company. Camera flashes all around the lobby, does it always be like this?", he questions.

The Jeon's family chauffeur grins before answering, "Not always. Just at certain times like when you're named as the Managing Director today, when the company sealed a deal with an international company three years ago or when the company was named in Top 5 of the best technology companies in the world last year. That's all I remember. The rest, maybe I need to ask my father though."

Taehyung touches the side of his head as if thinking of what else he remembers regarding the matter Jungkook asked about. He is the son of the previous chauffeur of the Jeon family and he decides to take his father's place two years ago because he is worried of his father falling ill while working. He let go of his dream to further his studies after knowing his father got knee pain because of too much stress on the knees while driving.

"Woah, I'm starting to feel the burden on my shoulders already. How did my father got to do it all alone?", he asks as he knows his father worked so hard before he got the title CEO 15 years ago.

"He's got passion to succeed. That's what my father said about him.", Taehyung replies. The answer makes Jungkook nods slowly thinking of his own real passion which is exactly not to be in the business world. But for his mother, he agrees to take the position of Managing Director while she acts as the CEO of J Group.

♡♡♡♡♡

The names mentioned in the article makes Chaeyoung triggered in some kind of way. Jeon Soyeon. Jeon Jungkook.  These are the names her biological father had told her before during one of their meets.

"Eomeoni and...Jeon Jungkook.", she tries to call her biological mother in the way he told her before. However, it feels hard for her especially seeing the man beside Soyeon. There is something tugging in her heart that tells her to go and see her mother but she cannot easily do that.

She is scared that someone will get hurt in the end.

♡♡♡♡♡

Fourth chapter ✔

Is Chaeyoung going to meet her biological mother soon? 🤔