22

Soyeon dials the number that she got from one of her friends in the business world. She hears that the man is capable of finding even the smallest thing or the most secretive information about anyone, so she needs to get his service in this matter. However, the secret code she has to say when he answers makes her eyes twitch.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm looking for the Genius J.", she says as her call is answered.

"Annyeonghaseyo, this is Genius J. Who is this and what is your request, ma'am?", the man on the other end responds to Soyeon.

"I can't tell you anything through the phone. Let's meet, can we?", she replies.

The man named Genius J made a sound as if he is thinking about what she said before he agrees. "You can send me the location and time. We meet there.", he tells her before he ends the call.

♡♡♡♡♡

When Jungkook is filling up his car at the gas station, Chaeyoung comes out and tells him that she needs to use the toilet for a while. He lets her go after telling her not to take a long time. After he has filled the car fully, he drives the car to the parking area while waiting for Chaeyoung.

Once he sees her, he unlocks the car but he sees her going into the mini convenience store to buy something. He watches her quietly as he checks the time at the centre console of the car. He sees her taking a big bottle of drinking water, a few packs of different tastes of breads and a pack of biscuits.

"What is she doing? It's almost lunchtime now.", he says with a frown clearly seen on his forehead.

The next thing he sees is something he never expected she will do. He sees her walking to a boy and his mother who is sitting on a wheelchair. They seem to be in poor condition from the way they dressed and there is a box of tissues in the boy's hand.

Chaeyoung is seen to buy a packet of tissue and gives everything that she bought earlier to them. Jungkook keeps a serious face until Chaeyoung gets back inside his car saying sorry that she took a bit of time. He keeps quiet as he starts to drive from there.

"Have you get the car for our transportation in Gwangju, Chaeyoung?", he asks as they get to the main road.

"Yes, I already got a car for us to travel there.", she tells him.

"What about our flight to there tomorrow? Our schedule?", he asks.

"Our flight is at 9.30 am. From J Group to get to the airport will take 30 minutes but I've checked the weather forecast and traffic conditions. We may have to go earlier than 9 am to avoid traffic jam, Jungkook-ssi.", Chaeyoung says as she checks her notebook.

Jungkook nods to her words. "Then, we go there at 8 am. You wait for me at the lobby. I'll fetch you there and we go straight to the airport.", he says to her.

♡♡♡♡♡

Soyeon looks at the man wearing a black hoodie and a black mask sitting in front of her. When the man puts down the file she gave him to the table, she asks him if he can do the task she asked him of, he asks her what information she wants of the name in the paper.

"Find me her background, her hometown, her family members. The most important things I need to know are when and where she was born. That's all...for now.", Soyeon says.

Then, he sees the man calling himself as Genius J taking back the file and looks at the agreement document. "That is easy. You don't have to pay me yet for now. You can pay fully after I'm done with my job.", he says as he puts down his signature in the document.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung was walking beside Jungkook until he realizes she heads to the hallway where the elevator is located at.

"Chaeyoung-ssi?", he calls as he stops midway.

"Where are you going? As I know, we haven't had lunch yet.", he says to her.

Chaeyoung nods and replies, "Oh...yeah. I...have food I made from home. So, I'll just eat it in the pantry, Jungkook-ssi."

Jungkook looks at her sharply as if looking for something wrong with her. "Fine, then. See you up there later.", he says as he continues walking to the cafe.

♡♡♡♡♡

Everyone bows at him as they see him finally coming to office that day. Some of them frown at him as they see two packed foods in his hand. A few knows where he heads to as they get back to their places.

When he reaches the pantry, he knocks on the sliding door of it to get the attention of the person in there.

"Oh, Jungkook-ssi. Aren't you supposed to be at the cafe having your lunch?", Chaeyoung asks as she stands up from the chair she was sitting at.

"Well, I can feel you lied to me so I do takeaway instead.", Jungkook says as he puts one of the packed foods on the table.

"I...didn't..."

Jungkook puts his forefinger to his lips signalling her to stop talking. "You didn't bring food from home and I guess you used up your money for the boy at the gas station. So, take this and eat.", he tells her before he turns around to leave the pantry.

"Jungkook-ssi?", Chaeyoung says. "Thank you and...sorry if I always make you had to buy food for me. I'll pay it all back once I get my first salary, I promise.", she continues but Jungkook scoffs at it.

"You don't have to. Just eat and get back to work, okay?", he says before he walks away leaving her alone having mixed feelings about him.

Sometimes he is cold towards her, well most of the times actually. Sometimes he is caring about her like right now. She wonders why he has such a complex personality which makes her feel confused of him.

♡♡♡♡♡

The night is quiet around the apartment building when Chaeyoung comes home from work. She goes to the convenience store located opposite the apartment first to buy some food. While she is choosing what to buy, she feels like someone is following her making her becomes a bit paranoid.

Once she is done choosing what to buy, she goes to the counter and pays by card for the food she bought. The cashier tells her to take care of herself and she gets worried of that even though the cashier usually says that to the customers.

Because of her insecurity, she walks in a fast speed back to the apartment and quickly taps 'up' button beside the elevator. As she waits for the elevator to come down, she prays quietly that nothing is wrong until she gets to her apartment.

"Chaeyoung?", she jumps in shock when she hears someone calling for her name.

She slowly turns to her left and sees who it is. She barely can see the face of the person as the person is wearing a black mask on his face and he covers himself with a hoodie. She gets back from the person before her name is called again.

"It's me.", the person says as he pulls down his hoodie revealing his face to her.

"J..Jimin oppa?", she says when she recognizes him.

♡♡♡♡♡

Twenty second chapter ✔