56

Chaeyoung reluctantly follows Jungkook to his condominium even though she knows it is going to be a mistake to do so. She thought he was going to bring her to a restaurant but he brought her to his place instead. The place she sworn to never come again after the first time she went there as a stranger.

When they reach the front door, Chaeyoung does not follow him to walk inside making him frowns at her who is standing right in front of the open door.

"Chaeyoung, come in. Why are you standing there?", he invites her but she stands still not moving anywhere. "J..Jungkook, I said I'm hungry. Why did you bring me here instead of a restaurant?", she asks him. He chuckles before answering, "I've prepared food here for us. Look."

He opens the door wider and points to the round shaped dining table far inside at a corner of the living room. "Come on in. We have our dinner here and then, I'll send you back to your house.", he says as he raises his hand for her to hold.

She takes it and follows his lead to the table. He takes her there like a gentleman as he pulls the chair for her to sit before he walks to his chair. He can see Chaeyoung's eyes are amazed with the food on the table.

"So, let's eat.", he says as he takes his cutlery ready to eat.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung washes the dishes as she insisted to do so while Jungkook cleans the table. A few minutes later, she is almost done with the dishes and Jungkook arrives back in the kitchen standing next to her. She is a bit shocked but she tries to stay calm as she wipes the last bowl with a cloth.

"Jungkook, can I ask you something?", she says to him. "What is it?", he replies. "When did you have time to prepare the foods? I mean...our ride took half an hour and you managed to get them all served nicely in a short time.", she asks him as she puts the bowl at its place.

He chuckles before giving her an answer, "I thought you forgot to ask that. You were too engaged with eating earlier."

"Actually, the foods are from my friend's restaurant so I had his help on bringing them here. Tasty food, isn't it?", he tells her as he follows her walking out of the kitchen. Chaeyoung nods in agreement. "Five star quality I'd say.", she tells him as she goes to get her purse that she left on the table.

"Thanks for the food, Jungkook.", she says with a genuine smile. However, Jungkook does not reply anything and he just smiles back at her. Chaeyoung does not think anything is wrong as she turns around looking at the front door.

She is about to walk towards it but Jungkook holds her wrist stopping her. "Chaeyoung, umm...can we dance for a while?", he asks her.

His question makes Chaeyoung a bit taken aback. "We danced at the hall.", she replies with an indirect rejection. "Yeah but...that was just to make Eunbi jealous. It's not a real dance with you.", he tells her as his hand goes to hold her fingers softly.

"Oh...so it was an act at the hall? Even the 'perfect' spinning me around thing?", she asks him.

"Well...we need to convince her we're perfect together.", Jungkook smiles as he replied.

"Okay but...there's no music here.", she still tries to reject him. But, Jungkook knows what to do. He  takes the controller of the TV and clicks it to play a music. Then, the acoustic guitar melody of Say You Won't Let Go plays as he gets back to where she stands.