70

The chilly morning does not stop Jungkook from his plan to go to Busan with Soyeon. Right after they had breakfast with Byunghun and their drivers, Jungkook puts his bag and Soyeon's bag into the trunk of his car. Byunghun looks at him as he checks everything before starting the engine.

"Abeoji, you can go back to your house if you want. I've troubled you a lot these few days.", Soyeon says as she stops next to Byunghun at the porch.

Byunghun smiles before shaking his head. "I'll stay here until you two come back with Chaeyoung. My house...Kate and Ben know how to take care of it.", he replies.

"But, don't you have to go to the orphanage that you funded for? The kids will miss you then.", she says making Byunghun chuckles at her. They never have such a conversation like a normal parent and child do for a long time. It makes Byunghun feels happy to know that Soyeon does care about what he do at home.

"Eomma, you're ready?", Jungkook appears from the driver's seat asking his mother to get in the car.

"Yes. Abeoji, we make a move first. I'll be back as soon as we find Chaeyoung.", Soyeon says before she walks to the passenger seat and gets inside Jungkook's car.

Jungkook rolls down his window and tells Byunghun to take care of himself before he starts to drive.

"Hopefully they find her soon.", Byunghun mutters as he watches Jungkook's car leaving his sight.

♡♡♡♡♡

The view of the sun setting up makes a lot of people at the beach to take photos of it that evening. The warm weather starts to get cooler as it will be night anytime soon. Many people starts to leave the beach as it gets darker but one person stays there enjoying the view of a flock of birds flying towards the setting sun.

"Rosie!", the voice that calls her interrupts her focus on the birds as she turns to see the long red haired lady holding a big cup of latte beside her.

"Latte?", the lady asks but Chaeyoung declines.

"I'm done with work. Let's go home.", she says and they started to walk to the parking area.

"Kat, is there...a vacancy at your workplace?", Chaeyoung asks as her friend, Katherine is starting to drive.

Katherine looks at Chaeyoung's face with a serious look. "Subway? You're asking about vacancy at Subway? You told me you come here to work in one of those big companies here. Not at Subway, dear.", she replies.

"I know and I've applied in those companies. Now I'm waiting for their call. So in the meantime, maybe I can do part time at Subway. What's wrong with that, right?", Chaeyoung tells her back.

"Rosie, are you okay? I mean...you came back here after so long and suddenly want to work here. I don't want to be rude but I just want to ask, why do I feel like you've fucked up big time where you lived before?", Katherine asks in a bit harsh way to her.

Chaeyoung looks at Katherine before her eyes turn to the latte cup put at the centre of the car.

"Drink it if you want.", Katherine says and Chaeyoung takes the cup before sipping a bit.

"Thanks, Kat.", she says before putting it back to its place.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook sighs as he enters the hotel room. Soyeon looks at how discouraged he is as he walks in carrying their bags into the room. She knows how he feels after searching for Chaeyoung from one place to another but she is nowhere to be found.

"Jungkook, we'll continue looking for her tomorrow, okay?", Soyeon says as she sits next to him on the bedside.

"We asked the people near the school. No one knows her, eomma.", Jungkook replies sadly.

Soyeon hugs him and tells, "We haven't gone to her high school yet. We'll look for her somewhere around there tomorrow, okay?"

"I feel like she's far away..."

"Shh...no. Jungkook, don't say anything like that. We'll find her...no matter how far she is, my son. We will find her, okay?", Soyeon stops Jungkook from getting much more discouraged.

"You love her, right? So, let's not give up to find her. We'll find her soon, trust me.", Soyeon tries to talk to him to be strong again.

♡♡♡♡♡

Seventieth chapter ✔

This story goes longer than I thought. 😅😬