52

By the end of the month, you have to leave.

That phrase greets Chaeyoung the morning she wakes up after a long 8 hours sleep. She stares at her phone looking at the time shown. It is Tuesday, the second week of October, two hours before the office hour begins.

She is thinking hard about going to work that day. She has no enthusiasm to start the day at all. She just wants to stay the whole day in bed without doing anything.

When she thinks of what happened yesterday, her eyes automatically get teary without even realizing it. Suddenly her phone makes a noise of an incoming call which startled her. Who would have called at such an early hour in the morning?

"Jungkook?", she says as she sees his name on her phone screen.

She quickly wipes her tears away and clears her throat before answering his call. "A..Annyeong, Jungkook-ssi.", she greets him with a bit hoarse voice in the morning.

"Annyeong, Chaeyoung. Are you...okay?", that is the first question came from Jungkook. "I...I'm okay. Why'd you calling me at this hour?", she replies.

"You sound like you're unwell. Do you have sore throat by the way?", he asks, concerned of her voice.

Chaeyoung quickly tells him again that she is fine. "Maybe because I just woke up. My throat is dry. I haven't drink anything yet. Why are you calling me, Jungkook-ssi?", she asks him back as she never get a call in such an early hour like that from him before.

"Oh, I wanted to remind you to bring along Taehyung's documents to the office. I need it today. You're coming to work today, right?", he tells her.

"Oh, that file you gave me before? Okay, I'll bring it today.", Chaeyoung replies as she gets up and goes to look for the file in the drawer at her dresser table.

"Yeah, that file. Bring it today, okay? I'll see you later.", he says.

Chaeyoung takes the file out and puts it on the table. "Okay. See you later.", she replies before she ends the call. "He's calling me just to ask me to bring this file? That's weird.", she says to herself as she thinks back of the call he made.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook arrives exactly at 8 when he sees Chaeyoung going in to his office bringing a tray of coffee cup as usual. He walks quietly as he enters his office seeing her putting the cup on his table. He purposely not making a sound to tease her in the morning.

"Good morning, Chaeyoung.", he greets as he gets closer to his table.

His sudden greeting totally shocked Chaeyoung who flinched a bit and almost fall back. Luckily Jungkook is quick witted, he scoops his right arm around her back helping her to steady herself. Their eyes meet making them looking at each other for a good one minute...or probably more than that.

"Ahem!", Chaeyoung makes a sound to break the silence and awkwardness around them.

Jungkook moves his arm away from touching her and walk to his chair like nothing weird just happened.

"Did you bring the file I asked for?", he asks while focusing on turning on his computer and putting his briefcase under the table.

Chaeyoung tells him that she brings it and excuses herself to take it from her place. Once she gets in back, she puts the file on the table and tells him to drink the coffee she brought for him. He nods and says thank you to her without moving his eyes from the computer screen.

Chaeyoung feels weird of him not giving a glance at her but she lets it be. She walks out of there and takes a deep breath before sitting down on her chair. Just after she sits, the door of Jungkook's office is opened and he appears at the door looking at her.