17

Chaeyoung sighs as she closes the front door of her house. "Maybe not today.", she says to herself before she heads to her room. She has just had her first day of working at J Group as personal assistant to the managing director, Jeon Jungkook.

However, the day did not go as she expected because the person she expected to see was not around the office that day.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook looks at his watch and leans his back to the leather chair while looking at Chaeyoung's place outside his office. After few seconds, he stands up and takes his briefcase ready to leave the building.

When he gets out of his office, he smells something sweet like a rose petals scent that brings him close to Chaeyoung's desk. He sniffs it and finds that it is stronger at the desk which makes him attracted to it. But, he quickly shakes his head trying to not get distracted with the rose scent so much.

"It's just a day and she already left her scent here, huh? Good try.", he says as he thinks that Chaeyoung is trying to make a move on him. "I haven't give you trouble yet, Chaeyoung.", he adds as he walks away from there with a smirk on his face.

♡♡♡♡♡

The sound of the thunder outside makes Chaeyoung flinched a bit as she looks outside through the window. "Is it raining there, Chaeyoung-ah?", her father asks through the phone.

"Not yet, abeoji. But it will rain soon, I guess.", she says as she closes the window with the curtain and sits down on the sofa at the living room. "I see. So, how is your first day at work today?", he asks her.

Chaeyoung smiles briefly before answering, "It's okay. I finally get to work in an office and work behind the desk as I wanted."

Her father repeated her 'okay' and asks if she is really okay. "You sound like you're not so happy at that company, Chae.", he adds.

Chaeyoung quickly replies with a more excited voice to him, "It's not like that, abeoji. It's just...it felt so new today because I actually missed working at Jisoo unnie's coffee shop. Maybe I'll get used to this new job soon."

Then, her father tells her that she needs time to adapt to the new environment and she agrees. "Yeah, just like when I worked at the coffee shop. Maybe in a month I'll adapt with the new environment.", she says to him assuring him that she will be doing fine at her new workplace.

"Anyway, abeoji. This weekend I will come home to see you. I'll be taking a train right after work on Friday, abeoji.", she informs him.

"Oh, okay. Tell me when you reach here. I'll pick you up from the station.", he replies. "I will, abeoji. I'll call you again next time.", she says to him before they end their call.

Chaeyoung looks at her phone for a while and says, "I'm sorry, abeoji. You're right about me not feeling happy but I didn't tell you the real reason." Then, she puts her phone down to the coffee table and thinks about something. She remembers the conversation she had with Jieun who introduced her to everyone in J Group especially those in the higher ups.

♡♡♡♡♡

Flashback

They reached the table in front of Jungkook's office where it will be Chaeyoung's place as his PA. Jieun claps her hands as she tells Chaeyoung that she can start working as they had finished with the introduction session. Before Jieun leaves, she asks Chaeyoung if she has any question and the younger nods.

"How...about the CEO? I think I don't see her yet.", Chaeyoung says.

"Oh, CEO Jeon Soyeon? She only comes in once in a while. I'll introduce you to her when she's here, okay?", Jieun replies her question. Chaeyoung slowly nods with an 'Oh' to the answer Jieun gave her. So, she will not be meeting Soyeon on her first day of work.

"Anything else, Chaeyoung-ssi?", Jieun asks and Chaeyoung shakes her head with a smile. "No more, Jieun-ssi.", she replies as she puts down her handbag to the chair.

Jieun once again clapping her hands and says, "Great! You can start to work then. Now, breathe in and breathe out once."

Chaeyoung does as she told even though it felt weird to do so. "Okay, now you can work. Just want to remind you, Jungkook is a good man but he's serious when it comes to work. Do your best, okay?", Jieun tells her and she could only react with a smile back at the HR officer.

"By the way, your shirt looks nice, Chaeyoung-ssi.", Jieun compliments her with a smile before the phone on Chaeyoung's table rings. "Oh, he's calling for you.", she says as she points to the phone. Chaeyoung quickly picks it up and nods to the caller as Jieun waves her a goodbye.

♡♡♡♡♡

Seventeenth chapter ✔

It's Day 3 of quarantine, peeps! Any of you guys having quarantine too? Always stay home and stay safe, guys!