53

By the end of the month, you have to leave.

Another day of waking up with the same thought lingered in her mind. These few days have been tiring for her as she has a lot of things to settle at work. She almost does not have time for herself as she follows Jungkook here and there to meet the clients.

Now it is Friday and she still has not yet open the parcel Jimin sent to her. Maybe today she has a time for that since she woke up earlier than usual.

She goes to the drawer near her dresser and takes out the parcel in it. She looks at the letter Soyeon gave her above the parcel before putting them on her bed. She turns on the light of the room and begins tearing the parcel open.

"Do I need these things?", she stops tearing it halfway. "Let's just check it out for once.", she continues after thinking that it is no harm to see what Jimin has searched about her. Maybe she can find answers to her questions from it.

She begins taking out every single paper that is in the parcel before arranging them neatly on her bed. There are a lot of copies of documents and photos of herself which Jimin got for the task he was paid for by the Jeons. She takes a look at the photos first before putting them all aside at a corner.

Then, she starts reading each of the copies one by one until one of them got her attention. A document that shows a birth certificate of herself which looks strange to her. She reads the whole thing twice before she finds her birth certificate that she knows.

She points at the place of birth in both of the documents with a frown.

"Severance Hospital, Seoul...St Mary's Hospital, Busan...", she mumbles the names of the hospitals quietly.

"Wait.", she says as she finds another copy of birth certificate she had read earlier.

Jungkook's birth certificate. She looks at the place of birth. Severance Hospital, Seoul. Date of birth: 4th October 1997. Time of birth: 11.50 PM.

She checks back at hers. Same hospital in Seoul. Date of birth: 5th October 1997. Time of birth: 12.10 AM.

Same hospital. Different dates which is just a day apart. 20 minutes difference in time of birth. Coincidence or planned?

"I was born in Seoul not Busan but, abeoji said...", Chaeyoung pauses. "Abeoji!", she takes her phone thinking of asking her father about it.

But then, she remembers the time her father came to visit her. She knows that he is disappointed with her for not following his words to leave Seoul. So, she decides to better not calling him asking about this issue.

She goes to check the other documents to find more information between her and Jungkook. However, her phone suddenly makes a noise in her hand. Her alarm at 6.00 AM is blaring reminding her to get ready for work.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook stops at Chaeyoung's place after he went to the washroom. He sees that she has just hang up on the call she received a few minutes ago. He calls her in to his office saying that he has something to talk with her alone.

She nods and gets her notebook ready before going into his office. Once she is in, she sees Jungkook waits for her at the couch instead of his work table. He points at the sofa next to him for her to sit so she goes there and takes her seat there.

"Jungkook-ssi, before I forget, just now I received a call from D'Art College. They want to meet Taehyung-ssi before they can process his enrolment. They want to see if he is qualified enough to be D'Art student, they say.", she tells him.

"Really? All the certificate copies I gave them are not enough to show how talented Taehyung is? Come on...", Jungkook protests.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe you can call them about it. I told them I'll inform you about the call just now so...", Chaeyoung pauses.

Jungkook nods and says, "It's okay. I'll handle it. Now, there's something else I need to tell you."

Chaeyoung says 'okay' before opening her notebook getting ready to jot down whatever Jungkook is about to tell her.

"Okay, I need you to come with me to Eunbi's wedding tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 7, no. At 5..."

"Wait, Jungkook-ssi. What do you mean I need to come with you to Eunbi's wedding tomorrow?", Chaeyoung cuts him off as she stops writing in her notebook.

Then, Jungkook asks her if she remembers the invitation card he received from Eunbi and she nods.

"So, you're coming with me. I can't be going alone.", he tells her.

"Okay but...you can invite someone else to go with you. Why me?", she still is unsatisfied with him suddenly want to take her to his ex's wedding tomorrow.

"Because I choose you.", he simply answered.

Chaeyoung's eyes blink a few times as she points at herself. Jungkook nods as if his answer is nothing surprising at all. When Chaeyoung asks him why he chooses her, he goes speechless realizing that he does not really have a reason for it. He just wants her to be the one to come with him. No one else.

Even if there is a reason, it would be because he loves her. Yes, he has fallen in love with her. But, he cannot utter it out just like that. She will be flustered, he can tell.

"I...choose you because...you're the one who gave me the invitation card. It was from you. So, you are going with me.", he tells her.

"What? The sender sent to you but you weren't in the office and I'm not either, so that's why they placed it on my table so that I can give it to you. They can't simply enter your office, Jungkook-ssi.", Chaeyoung protests.

He shakes his head showing that he does not care about it. He shushed her when she tries to tell him that he cannot easily tell her to go somewhere with him on weekend since weekend is her off days. His forefinger touched her lips making her pout at him.

"Do you have plans tomorrow, Park Chaeyoung?", he asks as he moves his hand away from her.

"No but...", Jungkook puts his forefinger back to her lips stopping her again.

"I'll pick you up at 5, we go find you a dress first. Then, we go to the wedding.", he says to her which sounds like an instruction that she must follow no matter what.

Chaeyoung shakes her head. "I'll find my dress myself. You can pick me up at 7.", she tells him before standing up ready to leave.

"Are you sure? You don't want me to help you?", he asks as he stands up too.

"No, it's okay. I don't want to waste my time trying many dresses just because you hate them.", she tells him reminding him of the last time they went to a party at Hoseok's restobar. She had to change her dress four times until he is satisfied with the last one she tried on.

"Is there anything else, Jeon Jungkook-ssi?", she asks him.

He shakes his head and tells her that she can leave. She bows her head to him and excuses herself from there. Jungkook watches her until she is gone.

"Going to surprise me, do you? Okay, I'll see you tomorrow.", he says before smiling, he cannot wait for tomorrow. He will show Eunbi that he is better than he was before.

♡♡♡♡♡

Fifty third chapter ✔