36

Jungkook stops for a while as he reached the door of his office. He looks at the empty seat and the clean table at the corner. Then, he remembers the texts he received from Chaeyoung last night.

"Annyeong, Jungkook-ssi. Have you reached home?" - Chaeyoung at 10.38 pm

"I have a question to ask you actually." - Chaeyoung at 10.50 pm

"Replying now wouldn't be bad, would it?", he asks as he goes into his office.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung is ready with her sports shoes when Sooyoung is still busy doing her makeup. She asks Sooyoung if she needs the makeup for their activity that day and Sooyoung just says that she needs it in daily basis.

Then, Chaeyoung tells her that Jieun texted her they will have an outdoor activity which may be tiring for them later. She reminds Sooyoung that maybe she can put less makeup since she can feel they will get exhausted for whatever activity it is.

"Really?", Sooyoung asks.

"Yeah, she just texted me to come down in 10 minutes. We'll have breakfast and start our activity after that.", Chaeyoung tells as she keeps her eyes on her phone.

"Hmm...then, this will do. Chaeyoung, you wait here for a while. I need to go to the toilet first.", Sooyoung says before walking to the bathroom.

Chaeyoung nods to her. Right after Sooyoung is in the bathroom, Chaeyoung receives a text from Jungkook.

"Good morning, Chaeyoung. I'm sorry I didn't reply to you last night. Anyway, what is it that you want to ask me about?" - Jungkook

She stares at the text for a while before looking back to the texts she sent him last night. "It's okay, Jungkook-ssi. I will know the activity soon. You're too late, mister.", she says as she ignores the text from him.

♡♡♡♡♡

The pantry is so quiet at that time as he is making his own coffee there. "Is it always this quiet?", he wonders. Once he is done making his coffee, he walks out and decides to go to the staff area to see how his staff is doing.

All of them look to be busy and focused at their own cubicles. Only a few realized that he is observing them before he gets back to his office. Luckily his office is at the other way which is a bit far from the staff area.

He makes a stop and sits on the chair that Chaeyoung always sits on. He drinks a bit from his coffee cup before looking at the time on his watch. Then, he remembers something about the text he sent to her half an hour ago.

"She hasn't replied to me? Okay, that's okay.", he tells himself as he checks his phone. Then, he remembers another thing about her. He goes to his Instagram app and checks the notification.

"Also hasn't accepted my request.", he says with a pout. "This is not okay. Why is she ignoring me?", he asks himself before he stands up and goes into his office.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jieun is walking back to her room when suddenly her phone is ringing just before she enters her room. When she looks at the name that called her, she frowns at it before deciding to walk somewhere else to answer the call. She cannot answer it in her room since her roommate will listen to her conversation.

"Yes, Jungkook-ssi. Why are you calling me at night like this?", she says as she answers the call.

"Jieun noona? Where are you?", he asks as he can sense how Jieun tries to cover up by talking formally with him.

"At WH Hotel, not in my room but the hallway. Why are you calling me, Jungkook-ssi?", she repeats her question again.

Jungkook states his reason of calling her. To know how his staff are doing at the hotel. Jieun chuckles at his question and hears his sigh from the other end. She knows why Jungkook is asking that question and she knows it is not about all of them but a certain person.

"Are you asking about Park Chaeyoung?", she asks him in the lowest voice she can.

"Yah, I said how is everyone doing?! Don't twist my word, noona.", he replies with an annoyed tone.

"Okay, alright. Everyone is doing fine. Today we had outdoor activities, a scavenger hunt and some games outside. Chaeyoung's team got first place in the hunt, she's very good in games, you know?", Jieun tells him a bit about what they did that day.

Jungkook hums before asking Jieun why did she has to keep mentioning Chaeyoung in her words. Jieun laughs before saying she is just joking with him.

"So, tomorrow what will you guys do? Ice breaking is done, outdoor activities are done...next, the group competition, is it?", he asks her.

Jieun says no before telling him that he should have known because he has seen the list of activities given to him before. Then, Jungkook tells her that he knows the activities but does not know when the activities are done.

"Okay, tomorrow is a bit relax. We go back with indoor games and the group competition is on Thursday. Anyway, you're asking this...are you coming here or what?", Jieun asks him.

Jungkook quickly says no and tells her to take care of herself before making noises in the background as if he is making up his bed to sleep. "Yah, are you trying to change the topic, Jungkook-ah?", Jieun asks before she hears him yawning. "Hmm, I'm not. I want to sleep, noona. I really mean it when I say take care of yourself. Minhyuk hyung likes to annoy you, right?", he counters her with the mention of Minhyuk's name.

"What? How...do you know that?", she asks him.

Jungkook chuckles before telling her he has his ways. Jieun is angry with him but she chose to stay silent and say good night to him. After he replies, she quickly hangs up and makes a fist thinking of how Jungkook knows about Minhyuk always pestering her.

♡♡♡♡♡

Thirty sixth chapter ✔