72

I'm feeling good so I give another one here. Enjoy.

♡♡♡♡♡

Haejin looks at Soyeon before he apologizes to her. However, Soyeon questions him why is he apologizing.

"I shouldn't have agreed to Junyoung's plan.", he tells her of his past mistake.

"No, Park Haejin-ssi. It's okay. Let bygones be bygones. Besides, we're still doing the right thing. We take good care of the children. Right?", Soyeon replies to him.

Haejin nods to her.

"Abeoji, I've changed the pump...I'm sorry, did I interrupt anything?", Jungkook says as he gets out of the toilet.

"No, Jungkook. Did you say something about the pump?", Haejin responded.

"Yeah, I see the pump is broken and there's a new one so I changed it.", Jungkook tells him.

"Oh, I was going to fix it earlier. I forgot it. Thank you, son.", the older man says as he looks at the clock on the wall. "It's about to be night time soon. I'll cook something for us to eat, okay?", he excuses himself to the kitchen.

Jungkook follows him but he stops the young man. He tells Jungkook to have a rest with his mother but he insists to help. Soyeon chuckles at the bickering men before she calls Haejin.

"I'm sorry for him being stubborn like this.", she says as she smiles at Jungkook.

"I'm not stubborn. I just...want to help you, abeoji. If I'm stubborn, I don't help you.", Jungkook says to his old man. "And eomma, you need to rest. Once the dinner is ready, I'll call you to eat. Okay?", he says to Soyeon after that.

Then, Haejin tells her she can use Chaeyoung's room since no one is using it for the moment.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jungkook is stirring the soup as he watches Haejin making a drink for them.

"Abeoji, how long has Chaeyoung left?", he asks without looking straight to Haejin's eyes.

"Almost...a week. She said she's going for a vacation with Lisa and some of her other friends.", Haejin replies in which makes Jungkook feels a bit fishy about.

"Does she tell you how long she's going?", Jungkook asks for more details.

Haejin shakes his head before telling Jungkook that Chaeyoung did not even say where she is going to. But, he assures Jungkook that she is safe. He also mentions that Chaeyoung called him two days ago to ask how he is doing.

"She said she told you that she took a long leave. She didn't tell you about the vacation?", Haejin asks him.

Jungkook shakes his head. "Maybe she doesn't want me to know.", he simply says.

♡♡♡♡♡

After the dinner that night, Jungkook spends his time outside at the veranda looking at the stars in the sky.

"Jungkook.", Soyeon calls as she sees him. "Can I sit here?", she asks him who is sitting down at the stairs.

"Sure, eomma.", he tells her.

Soyeon sits down and looks up to the sky just like how Jungkook is. One time, she looks at him who stays quiet beside her.

"What are you thinking of? Chaeyoung?", she asks him and he nods.

"I think she lied to abeoji. Abeoji said she went for a vacation with Lisa but Jisoo noona told me Lisa is in Seoul right now.", he tells her what is bothering him. "And she didn't say where she went to.", he adds before Soyeon could ask him about her whereabouts.

"This is my fault. I shouldn't have told her to leave Seoul.", Soyeon blames herself as she looks down to the ground.

Jungkook shakes his head disagreeing with her statement. He tells her that it is not her fault but she repeats the words again to him. He takes her in his arm and hugs her to stop her from blaming herself more.

"To think back, it's my fault too. I shouldn't have brought her to harabeoji's house. That way she wouldn't find out the truth and left.", he tries to put the blame on him too.

Soyeon lets go of him and faces the young man with hopeful look. "Where do we go next?", she asks.

"I don't know yet but we can't give up, right?", he replies with a short smile to lift up the mood. "It's late, eomma. Why don't you sleep yet?", he asks as he realized that it is almost 12 AM at that time.

"I can't sleep. I'm thinking of Chaeyoung too.", she tells him.

"We need to sleep. Come on. Let's go, eomma.", he says as he remembers that Haejin told him that they will go to visit his mother's graveyard tomorrow. Park Minyoung, his real mother who passed away because of an accident six months ago.

He stands up and helps Soyeon to get up. Then, he brings her to Chaeyoung's room where Haejin let them use. He puts Soyeon to sleep but he is still wide awake looking around the small but cozy room admiring Chaeyoung's variety of pink color choices of decorating the room.

♡♡♡♡♡

Seventy second chapter ✔

See you guys next time 🤗