31

Jungkook is signing a document when he remembers that he has something to ask to Chaeyoung. He calls her name and after she said 'yes' to him, he asks her if she knows about the team building that will take place next week.

"Yes, I heard it. They will hold it at Seokjin oppa's hotel, right?", she tells him.

"How did you know WH Hotel is Seokjin hyung's hotel?", he asks as his eyes shift to look at her after he is done signing the document.

"Oh, don't you know Kim Jisoo? The coffee shop owner?", Chaeyoung tells him and his face gives a thinking look. "The place I worked at before this? Jisoo unnie is his girlfriend. So, I knew it from her.", she adds to her explanation.

Jungkook taps the table realizing about that. "Right, I forgot that. So, are you joining the team building?", he gets back to the topic he was mentioning earlier.

"I don't know yet, Jungkook-ssi. I saw the announcement said that all staff that started working from July must join but...", she pauses.

"But what? It's already September and you're in that category of staff so you have to join, right?", he asks her without waiting for her to finish her words.

Chaeyoung nods to him. "Yeah but my work needs me to attend to you for most of the times. So...I was thinking, can I join the team building? It's for five days, Jungkook-ssi.", she tells him what concern she got in her mind. Jungkook hums at it before nodding in agreement.

"You're right but I think you still have to join. Don't worry about me. I can manage without you.", he says before letting her to leave his office.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jieun is looking for a table before she sees Chaeyoung at one table at the corner. She walks towards her and asks if she can join her for lunch. Chaeyoung nods and invites her to sit with a smile.

Right after thanking her, they start eating their food and Jieun watches every single move of Chaeyoung as the girl in front of her looks to be so focused on her food.

"Chaeyoung-ssi?", she calls for her attention.

"Yes.", Chaeyoung replies shortly.

"Are you going to join the team building next week?", Jieun asks before she slices her steak.

Chaeyoung stops munching her food before answering, "Yes, I will."

Jieun asks again and Chaeyoung repeats the same answer. Then, she asks Jieun what is wrong with it.

"Nothing, just...aren't you always with Jungkook? Does he know about you going for the five days team building next week?", Jieun asks her back. She looks concerned about the matter of Chaeyoung not going to help Jungkook as she always does. Even Chaeyoung herself was concerned about it too.

She nods to Jieun and says, "I already told him that thing and he said I should go. He doesn't have a problem with it."

Jieun nods quietly. "Jieun-ssi...if you think I shouldn't join, can you tell him about it? Actually I was concerned about it too but he said he'll be okay. So...", Chaeyoung tried to ask Jieun to tell Jungkook about that matter.

"I can try to talk to Jungkook but usually he's stubborn. Once he says 'A', 'A' it is. He will not change to 'B'.", Jieun responds jokingly.

Chaeyoung giggles at it before she asks if Jieun has known Jungkook for a long time considering the way she casually address him by his first name and the way she talks about him. Jieun admits it before saying that she has known Jungkook since their middle school years. She also revealed that Jungkook fell for her when he was young.

They laugh at it before Jieun says that she rejected him because he is too young for her. "Don't tell him about his puppy love. This is our secret, okay?", Jieun tells Chaeyoung.

"Okay, Jieun-ssi.", Chaeyoung says with a nod and put her forefinger to her lips showing that she will keep it to herself.

"Oh, anyway, Chaeyoung. Just call me unnie. I think we can be more than just colleagues. No need to be so formal with me.", Jieun says before she drinks her orange juice.

"Okay, Jieun...unnie.", Chaeyoung replies with a short smile.

♡♡♡♡♡

Jieun scoffs at his arrogant words of saying that he can work without Chaeyoung's help for next week. "Jungkook-ah, do you know why I'm a bit concerned about this?", she asks him on the phone.

"Next week is her fourth week which makes it a month for her to work here. How will you know her true intentions of working here if you aren't with her next week? Have you forgotten about that or you already made up your mind to make her a permanent employee?", Jieun tells him of her concern.

"Hmm...yeah, I know she's going to be here for a month next week. I've seen her working with me so why not I let you see how she is next week? We're in this together, right? You should see how she's doing without me too.", Jungkook replies.

Jieun thinks of what he said. "Yah, Jeon Jungkook. I forgot about that. You're right. Maybe I can watch her during the team building later. You've said all good things about her. Maybe it's time for me to see it myself. This is a good plan.", she tells him.

"I know my plan is good. So, now will you let me sleep? I have a flight to catch tomorrow morning, noona.", Jungkook says while sounding tired on the phone.

"Fine, Jungkook. Go to sleep. Good night.", Jieun says before they end the call.

♡♡♡♡♡

Thirty first chapter ✔