45

So, here's another one for today to feed my hungry Blink self. 🥺

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung has just arrived at 18th floor when she gets a call from Jungkook on her phone. "Annyeong, Jungkook-ssi.", she greets as she answers it.

"Annyeong, Chaeyoung. Hey, I'm calling to tell you I'll come in a bit late today so you don't have to make a coffee for me, okay?", Jungkook says.

"Oh, okay. But, Jungkook-ssi. You...have a meeting scheduled after lunch today. You remember that, right?", she asks him of his schedule that day.

Jungkook says 'yes' before telling Chaeyoung to be ready after 2 pm at the lobby if he does not come in before lunchtime. "Okay, Jungkook-ssi. See you later.", she says before she ends the call with him. Then, she puts her phone to silent mode before putting it into her handbag.

"Hmm...what to do now, then?", she asks herself.

She has not get a new task from him for this month since he just confirmed her as permanent employee in J Group yesterday evening. When she is thinking of what to do first thing in the morning, Nayeon, a fellow staff comes to her and gives her a magazine.

"Check out our director in page 15.", she says as she points at the title at the front page.

'The Legacy Continues as long as the Blood Runs in Me - Jeon Jungkook, managing director of J Group'

Chaeyoung smiles before she opens the magazine and looks for page 15 as Nayeon said. Once she gets to it, Nayeon makes a comment on how Jungkook looks like a model before she excuses herself to go back to her place. Chaeyoung smiles at the big photo of Jungkook posing while putting his hands in the pockets as she instructed him that day.

"Indeed, looks like a pro.", she comments slowly too.

♡♡♡♡♡

The information stated in the file is stared at for a while by the old man. Then, he flips to the next page which is full of Chaeyoung's photos there. He takes a photo of Soyeon that he has and puts it next to Chaeyoung's photos. He smiles after a few seconds staring at them.

"If you look closely, you can see the resemblance between these two.", he says to Jimin who sits across him.

"Y..yes, I realized it too after some time. Even though Park Chaeyoung has a blonde hair, the smile she has...it's similar to your daughter's.", Jimin responds to the man who he believes is Soyeon's father, Lee Byunghun.

The old man puts the file down on the coffee table and looks at Jimin with satisfaction. "Thank you for your help, Genius J. Your work confirms me that she is indeed my grandchild. Junyoung didn't lie about it.", he says before putting out a briefcase to the coffee table. "That's your money, Genius J.", he says before taking his walking stick and stands up.

Jimin takes the briefcase and stands up like the old man. "Umm, Lee Byunghun-ssi...uh, I don't mean to be nosy but...as I worked on searching for Chaeyoung's information, I looked up about your family too. So...is Jeon Jungkook not your biological grandchild?", he tries to ask about it.

"It's our fault. The elders. If not, things don't end up this way for the youngsters.", that is what Byunghun can say before he walks away.

♡♡♡♡♡

After they got back from the meeting which is actually a personal issue for Jungkook, Chaeyoung goes to her place to see there is a white envelope on her desk. She looks at every angle of it before seeing Jungkook's name written at the back of it.

"It's for him.", she says before she stands up and knocks on the door of Jungkook's office. When he allows her to come in, she goes to his desk and puts the envelope on it. "I saw this on my desk. It has your name on it, Jungkook-ssi.", she tells him as he looks at the odd envelope.

When Chaeyoung asks if he does not want to see the content in it, he nods. "Since you're here, Chaeyoung. Can you help me put these files into the cabinet, please?", he asks as he takes the envelope and opens it.

Chaeyoung takes the files he showed her and put them one by one at their orderly places. When she is done putting all the files in the cabinet, she sees Jungkook's sharp eyes wandering off as his hand crumpled the corner of what looks like a card on his hand.

"J..Jungkook-ssi, are you okay?", she asks him.

His eyes stay staring to nowhere but he answers her, "Do you know who send this card here?"

"I...don't know. Maybe the sender sent it when we're not here. What's wrong, Jungkook-ssi?", she asks him as he looks unhappy to receive the card.

Jungkook throws the card and Chaeyoung takes it. She reads the content of the card. It is an invitation card. To a wedding. Of Jung Eunbi and Cha Eunwoo.

She stares long at the name before looking at Jungkook's face. She does not know what he feels. Hurt? Angry? Disappointed? But...they broke up 4 years ago. There is no way he should be feeling all those things now.

"Haven't you moved on from her?", Chaeyoung bravely asks him that question even though she is just a nobody to him.

"It's not about that. Yes, I've moved on. Just...", he stops.

"If you are, then just go to the wedding. Show yourself.", Chaeyoung tells him.

He grits his teeth before sighing, "You think it's that easy? She purposely doing this. She wants to show that she is happy after hurting me. She wants to brag that what she did is right. That she dumped me for this guy is right. If I go, I will just humiliate myself again."

Chaeyoung looks again at the invitation card before saying, "Who is this guy though? Why she..."

"Heir of our rival company, Cha Holdings.", Jungkook cuts her off.

"Oh, no wonder. But...I think you better go. Just show yourself. The new you. The new Jeon. The better..."

"The better me. Where did you get this? I think I've said it somewhere.", Jungkook cuts her off again.

Chaeyoung smiles at him. "You said that in DQ magazine. There, I put it at the coffee table. You haven't seen it yet?", she asks him before going to take the magazine to give to him. Jungkook puts the card back into the white envelope and keeps it inside the drawer before Chaeyoung gets back to his desk giving him the magazine she mentioned earlier.

He looks at the article that has two pages with three photos of himself. Then, he smiles before saying to Chaeyoung if she read everything written in the article.

"Of course I do. If not, how would I know what you said in the article.", Chaeyoung proudly says.

"Do I look good with the poses?", he suddenly asks her as he points at the photos of himself in the article.

"Well...not the one with the glasses though. I've told you before, right?", she says with a joking manner.

Jungkook sighs before saying that that photo will be the last photo of him wearing glasses. Chaeyoung giggles at his reaction before she excuses herself to go out. Jungkook watches her until she leaves him alone and he smiles.

"Never wear glasses anymore after this, Jeon Jungkook.", he reminds himself as he points at his photo which he posed wearing glasses while sitting on a chair.

♡♡♡♡♡

Forty fifth chapter ✔