16

Jungkook pulls the handbrake once he is satisfied with the parking spot he found. After he has parked his car in the second basement parking area, he looks at the time on the center console of the car. "I'm on time.", he says before checking himself through the rear view mirror.

"Is she here already? Jieun noona doesn't call me yet.", he says as he takes out his phone to see no notification on it. He has already informed Jieun to call him if Chaeyoung has come to J Group.

After taking his briefcase, he gets out of the car and locks it before going to the elevator. However, the elevator takes a longer time than he usually has to wait for making him overthinking of something. He opens his email and looks at the email he sent last night.

"She doesn't reply. Does it mean she's still angry?", he asks himself. "Then, that means she will not come to work for me.", he says with widened eyes. "No...", quietly he mouths it as the elevator opens.

While he is inside the elevator, he looks for the new number he saved last night and tries to call it. Luckily there is just one other person in the elevator with him so he does not really care if that person thinks he is weird or something. He also assumes that the man does not know who he is since he does not bow to him like how the employees of J Group do.

"Please pick up even though it's an unknown number. Please...", he says before the elevator opens at the ground floor. He tries to relax before he sees the person that waits outside the elevator. The man that is in the elevator with him gets out before he hears the ringtone of the person coming in is still playing.

Jungkook quickly ends his call as the person that is now next to him checks her phone. "Who...", she quietly says without realizing who the man beside her is.

"You came.", he says while keeping his eyes to the front. The person next to him finally turns to see his face and gasps at the unexpected encounter. She bows at him and greets him nervously. "Good morning to you too.", he simply replies without looking away from the front.

They remain quiet until the elevator reaches 10th floor where the HR department is located at. Jungkook gets out first before he hears his phone ringing stopping his steps. Then, he sees a pair of flat shoes next to him as he takes his phone out. He gulps as he sees the name on the screen before he looks up to the person next to him. Park Chaeyoung...with her phone at her left ear.

"You were the one who called me earlier?", she asks. "Ah...well. I thought you wouldn't come in for your first day.", he replies as he rejects her call casually. "You sent me an email telling me to come and forget about what happened at the mall, Jeon Jungkook-ssi.", Chaeyoung says as she also puts down her phone.

"Yeah, right. And I mentioned to reply to me if you're coming and you didn't do it, Park Chaeyoung-ssi.", he replies.

"I didn't realized it or...maybe I'm just still a bit hurt with someone's words yesterday.", she counters back as she looks down to the ground.

Her words make Jungkook does not know what to reply. He shakes his head before he gets to his serious mode. "I know we started off on the wrong foot, Park Chaeyoung-ssi. But, you still come here to work so let's go. You have a lot of people to get to know before you can start your day here.", he says before he walks off leaving the hallway to the front desk of HR department.

Chaeyoung stays there and looks up to him leaving her. "Still mean but it's okay. Brace yourself, Park Chaeyoung. You will meet someone important today.", she tells herself before she takes a breath and starts walking to where Jungkook goes to.

♡♡♡♡♡

Sixteenth chapter ✔