44

Right after the garage is closed, Jungkook goes to the front door but is greeted by Taehyung who comes out from the mansion.

"Hyung?", Jungkook calls.

"Oh, Jungkook. You're back.", Taehyung replies. His face looks like he is shocked or something but Jungkook lets it be. "How's your appa? Better?", he asks in concern.

Taehyung nods and smiles. "Thanks to you. He's getting better and has been discharged earlier today.", he informs.

"That's good. You...just got here, is it?", he asks as he sees Taehyung is still in his usual white shirt and black pants as his work uniform.

"Already here since half an hour ago. I just stayed inside relaxing in the kitchen first. Now, I want to go have a shower and sleep.", Taehyung says as he steps out of the front door.

"Okay, hyung. Oh, wait. I have...something to ask you, hyung.", Jungkook says stopping Taehyung from going away. "If...you have the chance to further your studies, hyung. What do you want to study on?", he asks the elder who leans at the wall beside the door.

He thinks for a while before looking back at Jungkook. "Do you know what I like to do the most at school before, Kook?", he asks Jungkook back. They have gone to the same school until they finished high school. So, he knows Jungkook must know what the answer is.

"Well...you joined all the competition and shows at school. Acting, is that the answer?", Jungkook guesses.

Taehyung claps his hands. "Bingo! But, Jungkook-ah...that's just in the past. I don't think of that anymore.", he tells Jungkook while keeping a smile on his face. But, Jungkook knows how he tries hard to show that smile. He understands how Taehyung loves to act. He is indeed great at it but maybe Jungkook just knows him better. So, he cannot hide his actual feeling of longing for acting from the younger man.

"Yah, why you look at me like I'm some pitiful kid? Come on, Kook. I'm fine now, okay? Working with your family is good too.", Taehyung says making Jungkook smiles.

"Plus, who wants to accept a 26 years old guy to study acting? That's considered old to start as an actor, don't you think?", he adds making Jungkook giggled at him statement. "Age is just a number, hyung. Come on.", Jungkook replies to him back.

Talking about age, Taehyung remembers that it is already October and Jungkook's birthday is just around  the corner. So, he asks the younger what he wants for his birthday on 4th October later. And as usual, Jungkook says he wants nothing from anyone while looking away from Taehyung. He does not want Taehyung to know how he is still hurting from what happened to him 4 years ago. But, Taehyung knows even though he does not talk about it anymore.

"Yah, Jungkook. Until when do you want to be like this? Acting like you're okay with all the birthday wishes but then, at the end of the day...you drink all night at your condo and shatter the glasses around.", Taehyung says what Jungkook always do on his birthday.

He really knows what Jungkook will do. Only he knows and no one else. And he will always be the one who clear all the mess Jungkook does at his condominium.

"Okay, hyung. I guess it's time for me to go to my room. I want to take a shower too and sleep. I'll see you later, hyung?", Jungkook says while waving at Taehyung.

♡♡♡♡♡

Soyeon stares at the email she received this morning for a long one minute. Then, she looks at her family photo on Junyoung's desk before taking it to have a closer look. Without realizing, she sheds tears as she softly rubs his face in the photo.

"Why you hide it from me, Junyoung-ah? Why??", she asks as she looks at the small Jungkook in the photo.

"I don't want to lose our son, honey.", she says before a knock on the door disturbs her.

"Eomma? What are you doing in here, eomma?", Jungkook's voice is heard asking as he turns on the light of the room.

He walks slowly to Soyeon who quickly wipes away her tears and takes her phone with her. "Jungkook-ah, you're here.", Soyeon says as she stands up and puts back the photo frame at the corner of the desk. Jungkook looks at it and goes to hug Soyeon whose eyes still have tears in them.

"Eomma...I've told you that you won't lose me, right?", he tells her. "Did you drink again?", he asks her and she shakes her head.

"No, dear. I'm just...missing him. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the graveyard to visit him.", Soyeon says and Jungkook nods to her. "We'll go together, eomma. I'll accompany you, okay?", he says as he keeps hugging her trying to comfort her from crying again.

♡♡♡♡♡

Forty fourth chapter ✔

This one's a bit boring...right? By the way, I miss Blackpink. 😭 (very sudden, I know)