8

After that day of being a crying mess in front of the man she barely knows, Chaeyoung really tries to forget him by doing a job that she never knows she will be doing. Luckily, her best friend helped her to get a job even though it is not what she really wanted to do. However, she still longing for that one person she missed for weeks now.

Chaeyoung wonders how her mother is doing since she stops following her two weeks ago. Sometimes, she laughs at herself for doing such a hard promise to stay away from Jungkook because that means she has to stay away from Soyeon too. She misses her but she had to hold it inside.

"Chaeyoung-ah, is the espresso ready?", Jisoo's question makes Chaeyoung realizes that her mind is drifted somewhere else.

"Uh...unnie, I'm sorry. I think I made a mistake again.", she tells the elder who is waiting opposite of the cashier counter. "It's okay, do you need my help?", Jisoo asks as she walks to her side.

Chaeyoung nods without a word as she watches Jisoo doing her thing. When Jisoo has done making the espresso, she hands Chaeyoung the cup with a smile. "Go serve the customer.", she says to Chaeyoung whose eyes widen at her words. "No, unnie. You did this, you should serve the customer.", Chaeyoung replies as she glances at the customers sitting at the table at the left corner.

There are two men sitting there and one of them is Seokjin, Jisoo's boyfriend. The other, Chaeyoung does not know who as he is wearing a hoodie covering his face. But, she knows it is not Hoseok who is always with Seokjin. Hoseok is a loudmouth, this guy is not. She can feel it.

"Oh, Chae. Just go. I've served Jin. This guy who just got here, you serve him. Okay?", Jisoo says, still encouraging her to serve the espresso to the man with Seokjin.

"What if he scold me for being late?", Chaeyoung asks. She totally is worried of this new guy scolding her. She has been here at Jisoo's Café for almost two weeks but she had to admit it. Being a barista is not easy. Especially for someone with zero knowledge of the skills as a barista.

Jisoo chuckles at Chaeyoung's question before reassuring her, "I've told him you're new here. Don't worry."

Her words makes Chaeyoung to look at the man and prays that he will not scold her. "I'm going to the toilet. Serve him, okay?", Jisoo reminds her again before she leaves for the toilet.

After a few silent prayers, Chaeyoung walks to the table where Seokjin is and slowly puts the cup of espresso on the table. She pushes the cup close to the man in front of Seokjin without looking at him. "Here's your espresso. I'm sorry for being late. Please enjoy it.", she says before she turns to go back to the counter.

"Park Chaeyoung.", the voice that calls for her name makes her stops.

She gets startled of it since her name tag on her black shirt is 'Rosé' and not 'Chaeyoung'. She wonders who he is that he knows her full name instead of her name on the name tag. Because of that, she slowly turns around again as she gets herself ready to see the man who was calling her name.

"Yah, Jungkook. You know Rosé?", Seokjin's question makes Chaeyoung stops halfway from turning around. She knows that name he was saying. It is the name that she has promised to stay away from.

"Hyung, I told you to keep quiet.", now she hears his voice again. Now, she remembers it. Jeon Jungkook. He is here at the coffee shop she is working right now. Remembering him and her promise to him, she starts to walk away from the table without looking back at all.

♡♡♡♡♡

Chaeyoung stays in the kitchen area after knowing that Jungkook is there with Seokjin. Even when Jisoo asks her to go to the front, she does not want to go making the elder becomes suspicious. She knows something had happened and it must be because of Seokjin, that is what she thought as she heads straight to his table.

"Yah, Seokjinnie! What did you do to my best friend?", she asks her boyfriend with her arms on her waist.

Seokjin looks terrified with her sudden anger before he points at Jungkook. "It's not me. Ask this guy beside me instead.", he says while Jungkook keeps his poker face looking unbothered by her.

"Jungkook? What did you do to Rosé?", Jisoo asks the younger man.

"I didn't do anything.", he relaxedly answers.

Jisoo stares at him as she sits on Seokjin's lap making Seokjin gets shocked by her action. "I don't believe you, Jeon Jungkook.", she says as she keeps staring at Jungkook. He stares back at her but sighs after knowing that Jisoo could hold her stare much longer than he is.

"I just want to talk with her. By the way, why do you call her Rosé? Isn't Park Chaeyoung is her name?", he says as he looks at the empty counter.

"Her mother gave her that English name so...yeah, that's why. And you, why do you want to talk with her?", Jisoo asks as she points at him.

"That...I can't tell you, noona.", he calmly replies making Jisoo gets annoyed with him. "Well, then. I won't let you talk with her. She seemed scared with you.", she says as she stands up and gets ready to leave. However, Jungkook stops her and asks for her help since Chaeyoung has not been seen after she served him.

"Please tell Chaeyoung to send her resume to J Group. That's all I'm asking from you.", he says before he hands Seokjin some banknotes to pay for the bill. Seokjin protests saying that he can pay for them but Jungkook ignores it. He waves them a goodbye and leaves the coffee shop after leaving a message for Chaeyoung.

♡♡♡♡♡

Eight chapter ✔