69

That night, Jungkook drives to his family's mansion after Namjoon told him that his mother has been discharged on Friday. He asked why was she discharged later than it supposed to be and Namjoon told him that she had internal bleeding after he left. It makes Jungkook feels a bit guilty towards Soyeon knowing that she had to stay in the hospital longer because of his reckless action.

♡♡♡♡♡

Taehyung is wiping the window of the car when he sees a bright orange lights blinding his sight. Even Kiyong gets affected by the screeching sound of the car that stops right behind the car where Taehyung is. The figure that comes out of the car looks like he is rushing to get there.

"Hyung, is eomma inside?", Jungkook asks as he walks towards Taehyung.

"Oh, Jungkook. Kiyong hyung, tell harabeoji Jungkook is here.", Taehyung says before Kiyong leaves to go inside telling Byunghun about Jungkook's arrival.

"How is eomma doing?", Jungkook asks.

Taehyung sighs before he speaks, "She's been a bit different. More quiet than before, always want to be alone, even if she talks, she will only say these things; first one is 'I'm sorry, Chaeyoung', second 'I'm sorry, Jungkook' and last one is 'I love both of you, my children'."

Jungkook keeps quiet as he listens to Taehyung. He does not want to let out any tears anymore. He has been crying a lot for the past few days.

"Jungkook-ah, come on in. Your mom wants to see you.", Kiyong says as he comes back.

Jungkook follows Kiyong inside and is lead to the room that is at the ground floor. Not at the first floor where Soyeon's room is located at. When he is asking why he is led there, Byunghun opens the door to the room which used to be Jungkook's study room as he was homeschooled in elementary years.

"She misses you. She said she remembered those nights you were studying and sleeping on her lap because of tiredness. That's why she's here, she wants to sleep here tonight.", Byunghun says as he shows that Soyeon is lying on the children bed and using his Ironman blanket to cover herself.

Jungkook looks at her whose face is facing the whiteboard hang on the wall.

"I want to talk with her alone.", Jungkook says, more like asking for a permission from Byunghun.

The old man nods and walks out of the room letting Jungkook to be alone with Soyeon. After the door is closed, Jungkook heads to the bed he used to sleep on until he was 15. The bed did not suit for him anymore after that because he grew taller and his legs will hit the bottom end if he lie down on it. He chuckles a bit remembering that thing making Soyeon turns around at the noise he made.

"Jungkook, my son...", she gets up while looking at Jungkook who is getting down on his knees in front of the bed.

"Eo..eomma...did I wake you up? I'm sorry.", Jungkook says as he looks down to the ground.

Soyeon shakes her head and touches Jungkook's shoulder lightly. "No, Jungkook-ah. I didn't sleep yet. Get up, son. Please...I want to see your face.", she says as she tries to pull him to show his face up to her.

Jungkook slowly looks up but he stays sitting on his knees on the ground.

"Jungkook...forgive me, please. I promise you I'll find Chaeyoung for you. Please...forgive me..."

"Eomma, no...don't forgive me for anything. I should be the one to be doing that. I'm sorry, eomma. I was out of line with you that day. I let my anger took over me. I forgot everything you did for me from the day I was born until today. Forgive me, eomma. Forgive me...", he says as he bows down to her but she asks him to get up.

"Get up, my son. Please...", she says as she leaves the bed and helps Jungkook to stand up with her. As they both stand up looking at each other, Soyeon embraces him dearly for a long time after so long.

Jungkook's tears fall again that night even though he tried to hold it in for some time. He admits that he misses Soyeon even though she is not the one who gave birth to him. Her hug at that time is the longest he ever had with her since he was small.

"Let's find Chaeyoung together, shall we?", Soyeon asks.

"That means we'll find my real parents too.", Jungkook says in between his muffled cry before Soyeon pulls away softly from the hug.

She wipes his tears away and rubs his head before she nods to him. "Let's find them for you, okay?", she tells him before Jungkook hugs her again.

"Thank you, eomma. Really...thank you...", he says to Soyeon as he tried to smile even though he is crying like a girl asking to be comforted by her mother.

The hug lasts shorter than the previous one as Soyeon tells Jungkook they need to sleep early that night. She says that tomorrow will be an important day for them as they will start to look for Chaeyoung and his real parents. Jungkook nods to her before asking if she can put him to sleep like how she used to do when he was small.

Soyeon giggles at his request as she watches him looking around for something.

"What do you want me to do? Tell you a story or sing you a lullaby?", she asks him.

"I want you...to sleep on my bed. I'll sleep on the mattress. You can tell me a bedtime story or sing me a song. I don't mind.", he says as he puts the mattress under the bed beside the bed Soyeon will sleep on.

"Are you sure? I mean...this is your bed, Jungkook.", she tells him as she gives him one of the pillows.

He takes it and smiles at her, "I'm a big guy now. I don't fit up there. Just...I need you to do this until I get to sleep."

He takes her hand and pats his shoulder using it. His action makes Soyeon chuckles at him.

"Big guy but still needs his mom? Chaeyoung will laugh at you if she knows this.", she says to him but he smiles at it. "Well then, don't tell her about it, eomma.", he replies before Soyeon does as he wants.

Just like that, their relationship gets better again that night. Soyeon also can see the smile on Jungkook's face as he fall asleep when she is patting his shoulder. She cries a bit in the middle of it thinking that she will not get to do that again after he finds his real parents later.

♡♡♡♡♡

Sixty ninth chapter ✔

Let's go find Chaeyoung, everyone.