24

Jungkook sits at the couch after he receives another text from Chaeyoung. She has texted him half an hour ago that she might be a bit late. A few seconds ago, he received a new text saying that she is near the office building.

Jungkook tries to remain calm as he keeps his eyes focus on the lobby drop off area. He has given his car key to the valet to drive it there while he waits for her appearance. When he briefly checks his watch, he sees a metallic black Jeep Wrangler stops at the drop off area.

Then, he sees a pair of legs touching the ground hastily. He also sees someone in black hoodie and black mask coming out of the driver seat taking a luggage from the backseat. A lady walks to the driver and he finally sees the person he waits for.

However, he remains seated on the couch as he watches the two people out there. There is something hurting him as he watches them until the hoodied person gets back in the jeep. Chaeyoung is seen waving her hand to the driver before she turns around to get inside.

Right at that moment, Jungkook stands up and stares at her. Chaeyoung catches his stare and immediately stops moving. She stays where she is as Jungkook walks to her.

"Had a good night, did you?", he asks as he stops in front of her.

"A..annyeonghaseyo, Jungkook-ssi.", Chaeyoung says stutteringly as she bows to him.

However, he ignores it as he puts on his black shades and walks to his car. Chaeyoung is left dumbfounded with his weird action that early morning. She knows she was a few minutes late than 8 am but she already texted him beforehand.

"Chaeyoung!", he shouts making her flinched as she turned around to see him. "What are you doing there?! Get in or we'll be late to get to the airport!", he yells at her.

When she gets close to him as she pulls her luggage, he quickly takes it from her and put it in the trunk. "I'm sorry.", Chaeyoung mutters as he closes the trunk. "Get inside, Chaeyoung. I don't have time to talk about you coming late.", he replies before going to the driver's seat.

♡♡♡♡♡

After the meeting with the management team of J Group's Gwangju branch, Jungkook follows the branch manager, Joowon with a few of his team members for a high tea. Chaeyoung goes with him using the car rented for their travel there. However, she becomes so quiet and does not say anything with him because he has been cold towards her from the morning.

Even though he talks nicely and looks calm with others, she knows he is treating her differently from everyone else. So, she keeps quiet and only talks when needed even though she feels isolated from everyone.

When they are parting ways outside of the restaurant, Jungkook hears someone screaming for his name. Chaeyoung is ready to get inside the car but is distracted by the scream too. She points at the back of Jungkook but he is too late to recognize the person screaming for him when he is already hugged tightly.

Chaeyoung covers her mouth as she smiling at the awkward view in front of her. Jungkook looks completely annoyed with the sudden hug until he clearly sees the person that is brotherly hugging him.

"Hyung!", he says as he hugs the man back. "Yah, what are you doing here?", the man asks as they let go of each other.

"Work, hyung.", Jungkook replies.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot you own the biggest company in the country.", the man he calls 'hyung' says making him playfully hit his shoulder.

He shakes his head and asks the older guy what he is doing there.

"Yah, this is my place, Jungkook-ah. See that?", he points to a signage that reads 'Sunshine Restobar'.

"Oh, right. You told me before about this. Whoa...looks like a good business, hyung.", Jungkook says.

"Are you free? Let's go in, it's my treat.", his friend says to him.

He looks around and is about to say something but he is interrupted before he could speak.

"Come on, you can bring her too. Who is she by the way? Your girlfriend?", the guy says as he points at Chaeyoung who is standing at the other side of the car.

Jungkook quickly shakes his head and looks briefly at Chaeyoung who is looking away from him. "Who brings girlfriend to work, hyung? She's my PA.", he says as he sees his friend walking towards Chaeyoung. He follows as he looks at how his friend is introducing himself to Chaeyoung.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Jung Hoseok. What's yours, Miss PA?", he says as his right hand reaches for a handshake.

"Park Chaeyoung.", Chaeyoung says as she shakes hands with Hoseok.

"Park Chaeyoung, a beautiful name just like the person is.", Hoseok says with a smile. Jungkook's eyes twitched looking at Hoseok flirting with his PA. He pushes their hands away from each other and tells Hoseok that he cannot flirt with anybody as he likes.

Hoseok chuckles at Jungkook's reaction. "I was just saying fact, Jungkook. I'm not trying to flirt with your PA.", he says before he apologizes to Chaeyoung if she thinks the same about him. "Anyway, Jungkook. Really, it's my treat. Come to my restobar. We got great foods, great drinks and great music in there. What do you say, Chaeyoung-ssi?", he still trying to make Jungkook agree to go to his restobar.

"Oh, I...don't know. I think I can't. Plus, we wear office attire. Doesn't look suit to go in there.", Chaeyoung tells him while looking at her office blouse and skirt.

"Tomorrow night. We go tomorrow night, hyung. I still have another day here so I guess tomorrow night is perfect. Okay?", Jungkook suggests in a sudden.

Hoseok claps his hands in happiness. "Totally perfect! But if tomorrow night, you guys got to wear something fancy. Someone is throwing a birthday party and the theme is Glitter n Gold. Make sure you two come, okay?", he tells them and points at Jungkook to make sure he really comes.

"Sure, we will come.", Jungkook says with a nod to Hoseok.

♡♡♡♡♡

Twenty fourth chapter ✔