Chapter 41 -- Disneyland

Scott was SO glad Jeremy had offered to drive. For one, he'd spent a lot of hours behind the wheel already the past few days and two, he got to snuggle in the back seat with Midge.

Midge wanted to know where they were going. He understood surprises, and wasn't scared because he knew Scott and Kelly wouldn't give him a bad surprise, but he was very, very impatient. Scott had closed his eyes about fifteen minutes ago. "Kelly, may I have a hint?"

"Sorry Midge, no hints, but we're almost there. It's only about 5 more minutes."

Scott grinned "I'm awake you know, you can't get away with that."

"I know you are but I thought it was okay to try."

Scott opened his eyes as they exited off the highway. "Have you ever heard of the most magical place on earth?"

"I do not think so. Are we going there?"

"Mmmhmmm. I can't wait for you to see oooh look!" he pointed. "Can you read that?"

"D...Disn... and. Di-something-land. The middle is hard, it's long."

"Disney..."

"DISNEYLAND!!???!!! Disneyland? We are going to Disneyland? Really?" He grabbed Scott's shirt, needing confirmation. "Please! Is that right?" he pleaded, his eyes wide.

"Yes, yes little one, we're going to Disneyland." Midge didn't say another word, in fact Scott wasn't even sure he was still breathing until they parked and finally made their way into the park. He and Kelly had decided that Fantasyland was definitely the place to start and would probably take the rest of the day, so they led a wide-eyed Midge down Main Street and up towards the castle.

Midge followed along, glad Scott held his hand because he certainly didn't want to get lost. There was SO much to look at though, he wished they would slow down and let him look more. He didn't even think of complaining though, he was just overwhelmed. And then he noticed the castle and stopped dead in his tracks. He couldn't move, he didn't even notice as Scott came back and stood beside him so he could get a better view.

"Sleeping Beauty's castle. What do you think?"

"Its amaaazing!"

"Come on, we can go in."

"In? We can go IN?" Midge asked, dumbfounded.

"Mmmhmm, come on."

Only then did Midge move his feet, shuffling along behind Scott and getting in line. Jeremy, Scott and Kelly were talking about splitting up, and when to meet, and making plans but he didn't care, he was in heaven. Midge watched lots of little girls in beautiful dresses walk by and finally had time to turn and really look at things.

When they were finished with the castle, Kelly and Jeremy wandered off and Scott walked with Midge over to the carousel. "Midge, listen: If you get lost, or I get lost, we will meet right here at the carousel, okay? It's right in the middle and you'll be able to see it from almost anywhere. Don't worry, I'm going to stay with you but just in case, okay?"

"Alright, I will come here if I can not find you. May we ride it?"

"Sure, if you want, let's get in line."

They rode the Carousel which was fun but not great, the Dumbo ride that went up in the air and flew, and then spun in crazy huge cups. They went through a really neat Alice in Wonderland ride and then Scott told him it was time for a show, if he'd like to go. "Do you think I would like it?" Midge asked.

"I'm not sure. Have you heard of Beauty and the Beast?"

"Oh yes, it is wonderful!"

"Well, there's your answer, let's go."