Chapter 91 -- Mall

Ikea had been fun, but this was EPIC.  Midge had been to a mall with Scott the first time they'd gone shopping but it had been nothing compared to THIS.  It had been one floor, maybe 50 stores in total.  This, well, this was a wonderland and not only was it HUGE and amazing but it was decorated for Christmas!

He was glad Kelly was holding his hand because he really didn't want to spend any energy or thought trying to figure out where to go.  He let her lead him, Scott out in front blazing a trail.  They both had lists and seemed to have a PLAN.  "So you are buying gifts for your family?" he asked Kelly.

        "Yes, and YOU are going to help me, right?  I have..... 18 to do.  What about you Scott?"

"Going to do the whole fam since we're driving down so I don't have to worry about mailing.  It's a ton but I don't want to count because it'll seem impossible.  Oooh, H&M, you need this right K?"

        "Yep!"  She led him towards the scarves and hats and starting rummaging through them.

Midge grabbed a sparkly red scarf and threw it around his neck and grabbed a fluffy hat.  "It has ears!"  He put it on his head, grinning when Scott threw his hand over his mouth to keep from laughing.  "Do you like it?"

"I like yours better, but you could totally wear that and no one would know."

"I do not think they are quite big enough for mine though.  Oh well, maybe I will find another.  I do like the scarf though."

"Nope, can't deal.  Sorry love."

"You are no fun.  What do you like?"

        His answer was cut off by Kelly reappearing, bag in hand.  "I can't believe our luck, no line.  Let's go boys!  Next stop, Macy's and Michael Kors!"

Midge didn't really care what was next or where they were going.  What he really wanted was to slow down so he could look at everything. Why are humans always in such a rush?  Don't they know how amazing this is?  He felt a tug and hurried up, pulling his eyes away from the jewelry store.  He walked into Macy's and his eyes went to the ceiling of the three-story store.  There were escalators, and wreaths and glittering gold hanging from the ceiling.  "Can I ride them?  Please?"

        "I'll wait with him Scott, go ahead."

"Just up then straight back down--"

"I am not... I am sorry Scott." Midge interrupted, then felt guilty.

"No, I'm sorry.  Okay, can you please forget I treated you like a 5 year-old?  I'll meet you at the bags soon, alright?"  He gave Midge a quick smile before heading off to find a gift for his mother and sister.

        Kelly watched Midge go up and then come back, a grin on his face.  "Yeah, yeah, go again" she added before he asked, knowing he wanted to.

"That was so much fun, you can see so many things from the moving stairs!" he squealed.

        "I need to go to the purses, come with?"

"Of course."  He spotted Scott almost immediately, noticing that he had a bag in his hand.  "You have found something?"

"Mmmhmm, it's for Kelly though so you can't see it right now."

        "It IS?" she asked, leaning in.  "It looks jewelry sized.  Kelly LOVES jewelry."

"You're a dork.  Now, help me K.  This one?" Scott asked, holding up a bag.

        "Yes, but not black.  The maroon" she decided, nodding.

After another hour and several more purchases, they decided to head for the food court and take a break to rest and regroup for the next phase of shopping.

"Okay, I'm going to take ALL of this to the car so we don't have to haul it around.  I'll be back."  Scott stood and started gathering bags, somehow managing to get ahold of all of them.  "See you in a few."

        "Okay Midge, gotta find something for Scott. Let's go!"  Kelly grabbed his hand and dashed through the mall.

Midge did his best to keep up, even when she dropped his hand to go around a woman pushing a baby carriage.  It wasn't until a group of young men got in between them and blocked his view that he was worried.  He moved around them but didn't see her in the huge mass of people in front of him.  He stood still a moment, looking but instead of on her, he eyes landed on the Cartier window beside him and his bracelet gleaming in the case.

Kelly finally ducked into the store and looked behind her and saw.... no Midge.  Shit.  No, no no.  Scott will KILL me.  She walked back into the corridor and in the direction she had come but couldn't see anything over the heads of all the people in front of her.  "Midge?" she called, hoping he would hear her.  She waited a minute, then two, and then headed back towards the food court, calling for him as she went.

Scott saw Kelly coming and breathed a sigh of relief.  "I was just about to call you.  Where..... is MIDGE?" he asked, his voice showing his concern.

        "He's.... I don't know.  He was with me and then---"

"NO.  NO NO NO NO.  Where?  Where did you go?  Take me!" he ordered.