Chapter 84 -- Monday

Midge woke to the sound of rain tapping against his window and a sleeping Scott gripping his wrist.  He smiled, content.  How amazing my life is.  He'd spent an anxious hour last night as Scott talked to his mother after finally getting ahold of her that evening.  Midge had thought she was upset and didn't want to talk because of him but once Scott checked his texts he found out she had switched shifts at the hospital and would call him afterwards.

They spent the afternoon in other ways, having fun and finally unpacking a few more boxes and organizing the kitchen a bit.  Scott had made dinner and showed Midge how to turn off the alarm if it happened to go off again.  They'd put the dots up on the wall, Midge giddy at how bright they were.  Finally, after dinner, Scott's mother had called.

He'd tried to read Scott's face as he asked about bringing him but it had been amazingly flat.  Only near the end had he smiled, his jaw relaxing and eyes brightening.  He thought then that she had probably said yes, although he still felt bad for being so much trouble.  Afterwards they talked about him driving down, Scott trying to explain why they wouldn't fly.

When Scott finally finished his call he'd said they were all set, that it would take two days but he would drive them down and if all went well and they got papers, they would fly back.  If not, the rental car would be extended and they'd leave a day early.  Through it all, even though it would be a huge amount of trouble, Scott only seemed happy and excited.

And now he was sleeping, curled on his side with one hand wrapped around Midge's wrist as if he didn't want him to go.  "Morning" Scott murmured, still sleepy.  "You wake?"  He moved his hand from his wrist and slipped it over Midge's chest, wrapping him up.

"Good morning.  Yes.  I am awake.  Did you sleep well?"

"Mmhmm better 'an hotel.  You warm."

"You are cute when you are sleepy.  It is raining."

"Storm coming, get bad later.  Glad home."

"Me too, I do not like thunder and storms.  I hope it does not get loud."

"Found you in one.  Was raining that day."

"Yes."  He thought back to how he had shivered in the alley, hungry but too afraid to venture out until it was darker.  "You saved me."

"Think you saved me too" he answered, finally a bit more awake.  "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"If it is about fun or coffee, I am.  Also the trip to Texas."

"I was thinking about coffee but those are all nice things to think about.  Very nice.  You are a little minx, aren't you?  Thirsty boy."

"It is why Nekos are such good... I do not know the word you would like me to use.  I know some of them bother you.  It is why we are so content at our .... jobs?  That is a good word?  I did not know I would ever want but I enjoy fun with you so I want more."

"You're telling me that Nekos are just generally horny?"

"Um, yes."

Scott didn't know what to say to that so he chewed on his lip while he tried not to smile too much.  "I guess I can deal with that.  I mean, it's not exactly a problem.  Having you flirt with me, I mean."

"You will let me know if I am too forward?  It is always your choice.  Do you not want me to speak of it?"

"No, no , no, you can flirt and suggest and drive me crazy all you want.  Maybe not so much when we're with my parents, okay?" he asked, grinning.

"Yes, I will behave."

"Want to go to Starbucks with me?  You can try something new.  I know you don't like the rain so I'll go if you want, but you've been home a lot and it's only going to get worse."

Midge sighed, not exactly loving either option.  "I would rather be with you so I will go.  The rain will not hurt me and I will come back home and be warm."

"I'm happy to warm you up when we get back.  For now though, we're going to need pants."

"In that case I change my mind" Midge joked, getting up and wandering to his closet.

"See you in a few silly boy."  Scott wandered into his room to get changed and grab his wallet and a hat for his insanely squashed hair.

*** *** *** ***

Midge stripped as soon as they walked back in the door, balancing his caramel macchiato in one hand and using his tail to help lift his shirt over his head, then push down his pants.  "It is COLD and windy.  But my drink is amazing."

"Thought you'd like that.  I'm going to get dry clothes and snuggle on the couch -- want to join me?"

"More than anything.  I do not need clothes though, do I?  I will use a blanket."  He jumped onto the couch and crawled under a blanket, still holding his drink.

Scott couldn't see anything except the tip of his tail poking out as the shape under the blanket shifted into a sitting position.  "You won't be able to see like that, you know."

"But you will be here to warm me then, so it is okay."

It is so much more than okay, little one.