Chapter 57 -- Ideas

Scott opened his eyes just enough to see that Midge was already up and out of bed. He took the opportunity to stretch out his long arms and legs, then curled back up and replayed last night in his head. So, so good. He was still surprised that Midge had done it and he knew he'd have to make sure he wasn't worried about anything, but it felt like a huge step forward.

He couldn't fathom experiencing everything Midge had the past month. He'd handled everything that was thrown at him with amazing grace and a joyful spirit that Scott couldn't help but feed off of. He needed to talk to Zac and find out if he'd talked to his uncle. He also needed to find out who this Steven guy was and make sure he couldn't hurt Midge again. All of that would wait until he'd said good morning though.

He finally crawled out of bed and headed to the bathroom, then wandered out to find Midge. "Morning" he said, wrapping his arms around him from behind. "What are you making?"

"Pancakes. Good morning Scott. How are you?"

"Wonderful. I'm flipping fantastic. How are YOU?" he asked, leaning down to kiss his neck.

"Good, I am glad. I am perfect. Except I need to reach the fridge and I can not move."

"Fine fine" he grumbled, reluctantly releasing him and moving back to lean against the other counter. "How do you always make breakfast right when I wake up? It's like you're psychic."

"I can hear you, my silly Scott." he quipped, grabbing the milk. "And sometimes your stomach wakes up even before you do."

"I can't argue with that. Can I help?"

"May I have coffee? If not, please make only yourself a cup."

"Two cups of coffee it is." He grabbed two mugs and started up the machine. "So, I have rehearsal but afterwards I'm going to look at an apartment. Would you like to come?"

"If you would like."

"I would really like you to, but not if it'll bother you, or make you uncomfortable. I know you're still a little unsure about moving. I can take a look and if it's great, I could bring you back."

"I would be happy to come if you wish. Would you like me to attend rehearsal as well or will you pick me up afterwards?"

"100% up to you, but I will warn you that they may push you to sing, or bug you about joining the group."

Midge's eye's finally turned away from the pan and he stared, spatula in hand. "They want me to join your group?"

"Absolutely."

"That is so kind, even though it is impossible." He flipped the first pancake, grinning when it landed perfectly.

"I'm not sure it's impossible Midge, especially since Kelly worked magic with your ears." He brought his hand up and rubbed the edge of one, giggling when it twitched. "I like seeing them though, I must admit. But seriously though, as much as you've been listening to me sing my parts, you probably know half the songs already. You should come today; I'd rather not leave you alone after the whole 'Steven thing' anyway." He took the plate Midge handed him and sat down at the counter.

Midge pulled his plate out of the warm oven and sat down with him, leaning his head against Scott's shoulder. "You are sure you are okay? With everything? With last night?" he asked sheepishly.

He twisted his head as much as he could and planted a kiss on Midge's head. "I literally could not be happier. Thank you, I know it was... I don't know, new I guess, for you. So, did you enjoy yourself as much as I did?"

"I... um, I think...... yes. Absolutely. It was amazing. You are amazing. You are right, it was a lot of 'more'." He finally picked up his fork and took a bite of his pancake. "I make very good pancakes."

Scott's mouth was full so he just mumbled a 'Mmmhmm' and squeezed Midge's thigh gently. Guess he's done worrying about it.