Chapter 50 -- Settled

Midge listened but he couldn't quite believe his ears. "You love me? You should not say such things. I am sorry, you may say whatever you like. But how can you need me? Or love me? I am Neko."

"I just do. I wouldn't have given you the bracelet if I didn't. I know you don't feel the same and that's okay but you need to know how I feel. And somehow it just doesn't matter that you have a tail, it's not a game-changer for me. 'Things you never thought you'd say for 400, Alex'."

"Ha. I have seen a lot of Jeopardy. You are funny. But are you sure you desire me? I pleased you?" he asked, still unsure.

"Were you IN that bed with me last night? God Midge, you more than pleased me. But I'm still worried, I'm afraid you wouldn't tell me if there was something wrong. I can't read your mind and I... did I please you?"

"Me?"

"Yes, YOU. I wanted it to be better, no, make that wonderful. I wanted you to enjoy it."

Midge couldn't believe that Scott could possibly care enough to ask him yet again. "I did. It was. It was amazing, I did not know it could be like that. I thank you for showing me. I did not know..." he blushed and turned away.

"What? Tell me." he asked, smirking.

"I have never, finished, during. I mean, while... Do you know what I mean? I was a little bit afraid" he giggled "but it felt SO good. Maybe it is my new favorite thing."

"Ahhh, yeah" he answered, grinning. "I know what you mean. You were so, so beautiful and DAMN boy. Grrrr"

"I enjoyed the kisses, you are sweet to me."

"Mmmhmmm. I try. And I must say I enjoy trying very, very much." He reached up and brushed Midge's hair off his forehead. "So, can we finally talk about the apartment? Will you let me explain instead of assuming the worst?"

"Yes. I am sorry."

"I know. Look, everyone needs their own space sometimes. Everyone needs privacy, and a place to put their things, and a place that is theirs. I love sharing my bed with you but I want you to have your own, so that you never have to be with me unless you WANT to be. I want you to decorate it how you want, and have your own closet, and be able to shut the door if I start to bug you. Have you ever had your own room before?"

"No. I do not want to make you move, it is not right. I do not need those things."

"You don't think you need it because you think too little of yourself. I don't mind moving. It would be good to be closer to Avi and Kevin, and the studio. I'd love a balcony, too. I think it will help you grow, and become your own person, Neko, whatever. It will be good for you and it'll be good for us. I still want to be with you, I just want us to be more equal. This is my apartment but the next one will be ours."

"If it is what you want, it is fine with me" he said, trying to believe the words that had come out of Scott's mouth. No one had ever talked to him like that, no one had ever told him a human COULD talk to a Neko like that.

"See, now was that so hard? Why didn't you just ask me to explain earlier? Why not tell me you were upset, or angry?"

"I was not angry, only sad. I was scared Scott, I am sorry."

"I'm sorry I upset you, I really am. But don't you see that you can't run FROM me when you're scared? You need to run TO me, little one. Let me help."

"I should not have run, I will not do it again. Am I forgiven?"

"Only if you come over here and repay me with a hug."

Midge catapulted himself forward because he'd been waiting for the chance all day. He curled almost entirely ON Scott's lap, his arms wrapped around his neck and his tail twisting around his waist.

"So much better" Scott murmured, finally relaxing after the stress of yesterday and the morning. "Now, want to take a nap?"

"I would like to, but more if it is with you."

"Oh I'm coming too, I don't think I slept 4 hours and that is not quite enough for me to be human."

Midge turned his head up, wondering what his silly human was talkiing about. "Now you are? A beast? A sleep vampire? Tired as a dog?"

Scott chuckled. "You're fucking with me, you made a joke, and that makes me incredibly happy. And I am tired as a dog but I'm afraid you'd hide in the bathroom if I admit it."

"No, you do not SMELL like a dog and that is all that matters" he said in all seriousness.

"You're cute. I'm glad I don't, although after walking the streets yesterday I smell like everything else. You, however" he said, leaning down and nuzzling Midge's hair, "smell very good. I can't describe it, but you always smell like this and it's just... you. If you could bottle this we'd be millionaires. 'Eau de Midge' would be the must-have scent of the year."

"We could have fun and a shower and THEN nap, if you'd like."

"Oh, I like, but the shower has to come first, at least for me. Want to come in with me? We can save water."

"I would not prefer... I mean if it is to get clean I am happy to come but for fun, it is not my favorite place. I do not like the water so much."

"We'll just get clean, it'll be quick, I promise. I don't want to let you go any longer than I have to." He stood and took Midge's hand, leading him towards the bathroom.

***** Do you want a Chapter 50 and a half? Making up can be fun :)

Okay, okay, stupid question LOL. Drinks are up!