Chapter 111 -- Trial

Scott was really glad he knew his way around Dallas pretty well because otherwise, even with directions, he would have had a hard time finding Guy's house. He was glad the agent had decided over their phone call last night that he could come to the house; Scott took it as a good sign that they hadn't met at his office.

He parked his car to the side of the long driveway and walked to the door, then knocked. He didn't realize he was holding his breath until it opened.

"Well aren't YOU a tall drink of water?" Kimberly drawled. "Yes, yes, you come on in now. Welcome."

"Thank you ma'am."

"Manners too. Mama must have raised you right. Come on into the living room now and have some tea and make yourself at home."

He stepped in a bit, taking in his surroundings while looking for his boy. He turned and stepped into the living room and there he was, his Midgey, sitting on an armchair, nervous but smiling. He didn't know what to do, wasn't sure what Agent Guy would or wouldn't approve of but he knew he wanted a hug in the worst way.

Midge looked up, chewing on his lip. He wanted to run over but wasn't sure he could until Scott grinned and nodded his head, almost imperceptibly. He jumped up and covered the distance in 4 large steps, then leaped up and wrapped his arms around his neck and his legs around his waist.

Scott giggled, holding onto Midge and tilting his head down to have as much contact as possible, all thoughts of Guy pushed aside.

"You came" Midge whispered.

"Always. As soon as I could. I was so worried about you."

Midge answered by finding Scott's lips with his own, first tentatively and then more brave, his tongue darting out to play.

Scott backed up until his calves hit the couch and sat down, Midge still completely wrapped against him.

"Well isn't that a nice way to say hello!" Kimberly said, giggling. "You two are so sweet I can hardly STAND it. Guy, look at that!"

"I'd rather not."

"Oh stop, it's the 21st century." she scolded playfully.

"I don't care they're gay, I just don't wanna see anybody going at it in my living room, that's all." He cleared his throat in an attempt to get the boys to take a break to breathe.

"I am sorry" MIdge said, looking sheepishly back at Guy and crawling off Scott's lap. "I did not mean... I am sorry."

"OH that's alright sweet thang, we know you missed him. Bet you boys could use a drink after all that, now couldn't you? Let's have a little talk and get to know each other" Kimberly gushed, smiling.

"Yeah, sorry" Scott said, bright red. "I uh, yeah." He grabbed his tea with one hand and held Midge's with the other, grinning as he scooted closer and closer.

"Y'all are SOOOO cute" Kimberly sighed.

"Now that all of THAT is out of the way, thought it would be nice to go over a few things and hang out awhile." Guy said. "I put in for his papers, they should be here in a few days. Until then, he can't leave the state. Now your folks are in Arlington, right?"

"Yes, born and raised. We were going to spend the holidays there, so it's no problem staying close. I brought some of Midge's things so we're good to hang out for the rest of the week."

"Did you bring my sketchbook?" Midge asked, hopeful.

Guy noticed right away how forthright and free Midge was, almost interrupting Scott to ask a question and that it didn't seem to bother or surprise Scott at all.

"I did. Your pencils and pastels too. I have your phone, a few books, your stuffed Marley, and plenty of your clothes. Pretty much everything. I brought your bag with me in the car, just in case you needed things and were going to stay."

"Thank you so much. I would like very much to draw and I have missed Marley but I am glad she did not come to jail with me, it was not good. But wait, why would I stay? I..." he looked to Scott and then Agent Guy, unsure whether Scott didn't want him back or if Agent Guy wouldn't let him.

"My decision Midge, just wanted to make sure you were going to be safe and happy if you went back home with him." Agent Guy answered.

He was right, Scott wanted him back. He curled on the couch, his head resting on Scott's thigh and smiled when his hand came down to play in his hair. "I want to be with Scott."

"I know Midge and trust me, that does matter in my decision, alright?" His phone rang and he stood, walking towards the dining room "Excuse me a minute."

"So, Scott, you must be thrilled to be reunited. Midge is a special boy, we've both come to like him a lot while he's been with us."

"I can't thank you, and Agent Guy enough for finding him and getting him out of there. I.... I was literally worried something awful had happened, that someone had caught him and I'd never see him again. I... I almost can't believe I'm here with him now. It's surreal, a little." He looked down at Midge's face, smiling and teary-eyed at the same time.

It was over. Scott was here and everything would be okay. He would have papers and be safe and Mister Guy would help him if he ever got in trouble again. He focused on Scott's fingers running down towards his neck, tickling him gently before running back up between his ears and for the first time in almost a week, relaxed.

Kimberly's eyes flew open and her hand covered her mouth in shock. "Is he?" she mouthed towards Scott, then pointed down at Midge "purring?"

Scott just nodded, his face almost splitting from his wide smile as he continued comforting Midge.

Guy walked back in a moment later, falling silent when his wife motioned to him. And then he heard it, a sound he knew probably existed but had never heard, not in all his years of dealing with Nekos. There was no question as to what it was though, and not a doubt left in his mind that he was doing the right thing. These boys were going to spend Christmas together with Midge's new family.