2X08: Rose- Part 3

"Why are we here?" Elena asks the woman.

I roll my eyes, she just doesn't give up! At least she includes me in her questions.

"You keep asking me these questions like I'm gonna answer them," The woman replies as she turns on a lamp.

"Why don't you?" Elena proceeds.

"That's another one. Why can't you be more like your friend, she stays quiet," She says.

"We are not friends, just stuck in the same situation," I huff.

Elena looks at me a little sad. I don't want to be friends with people, I just want to lay in my bed and drink my brothers bourbon, is that too much to ask?!

"You got us. Ok? It's not like we can go anywhere. The least you can do is tell us what you what with us," Elena bargains.

"Actually I am a bit curious on that part too," I speak up.

I do want to know why I am needed. Sue me. Elena gives me a little smile for finally backing her up on something.

"I personally want nothing," The woman finally answers us while moving things around, "I'm just a delivery service."

"Delivery to who? Elijah?" Elena keeps going since the woman finally gave her something.

"Yeahhh, is he the one we are being handed off to?" I jump in.

She let's out a chuckle, "2 points to the eavesdroppers."

"Who is he?" Elena grills, "Is he a vampire?"

I am crossing my fingers it's not that one I know.

"He's one of the vampires, the originals. But one of you already knew that," The woman informs.

Elena looks at me with wide eyes. Thanks a lot.

"What do you mean The Originals?" Elena is now confused.

"Again with the questions," The woman exasperates, "Haven't the Salvatore's been teaching you your vampire history?" She gives me a look.

Elena looks at me again with pleading eyes.

"This Salvatore has not, because I just met this girl, well actually we have not been introduced have we?" I smirk, remembering she has no idea who I am.

"I am Mystal Salvatore, Stefan and Damon's sister," I reveal Elena. Her jaw drops and eyes go wide. Ah, I love that reaction.

"No. Impossible. They would've told me," She whispers.

"Maybe you're not as special as you thought," I mutter.

"What was that?" Of course she doesn't hear it, but the woman laughs to herself, so at least she got quite the kick.

I roll my eyes, "Yes, I'm bummed I was not brought up either, but they thought I was dead, sooo guess memory lane was too painful," I put my hand over my heart.

"But, it makes no sense," Elena trials off.

"I am a vampire," I roll my eyes. Was that not obvious, "Anyways, you know my brothers too?" I turn back to the stranger who seems to know too much.

"I know of them. A hundred years back, a friend of mine tried to set me up with Stefan," She explains.

"Ewww," I scrunch up my face.

She rolls her eyes at me, "She said he was one of the good ones. I'm more of a sucker for the bad boys, though, but I digress."

I snort. Bad boys aren't all that great, trust me.

"Who are the originals?" Elena gets back to it.

Trust me, you don't wanna know.

"Trevor and I have been running for 500 years. We're tired. We want it over. We're using you two to negotiate ourselves out of an old mess." Hmmm, this seems like it could be familiar.

"But why us?" Elena pleads.

Do not answer that question, I beg in my head.

"Because you're a Petrova doppelgänger. You're the key to breaking the curse," The woman explains, hmmm, and that sounds like I knew that.... "And she is the wife of -"

"Okay!" I yell, clapping my hands, "That's enough sharing! Let's shut our damn mouths about other vampires business or I will gladly do it for you."

I do not want people, especially Elena to know that information. Elena's eyes wander over to me and she looks like she'd give anything to know more.

But, she lets it go, turning back to the woman. "Curse?".Whew. "The sun and moon curse?"

Ahhh, back to this.

"Ohh, you do know your history," The woman muses.

"What do you mean I'm the key?" Elena is trying to put all of this together, "The moonstone is what breaks the curse."

"Yeah, that's what I've been hearing," I wave my hand around.

"No. The moonstone is what binds the curse. Sacrifice is what breaks it," The woman's being real helpful now.

"Sacrifice?" Elena shudders. Oohh this just got good.

"The blood of the doppelgänger. You're the doppelgänger," She clears it up.

Hold up. That sounds like another curse I know... hmm maybe all curses are similar? Today is just one big day of deja vu, isn't it? Ugh, I have a headache. I need blood, or a stiff drink, both sound lovely right about now.

"Which means in order to break the curse, you're the one that has to die," The British voice breaks me from my thoughts.

I raise an eyebrow.

"Tell us more," Elena demands as Trevor enters the room.

"Captivity has made this one pushy eh?" Trevor's charms, "What do you want to know, doppelicious?"

"Gag me," I mutter.

"Don't worry, you can be next," Trevor teases.

"I will break your arm," I stop him.

"Who are you running from?" Of course she is gonna take advantage of being told information.

"The Originals," Trevor states.

"Yeah, she said that. What does that mean?" Elena clearly doesn't understand.

"The first family," He kicks something while walking, "The old world- Rose And I pissed 'em off." Ah, Rose, finally a name! One that seems to itch my brain.

"Mm-mmm," Rose intervenes, disagreeing with what he said.

"Correction- I pissed them off," Trevor fixes his mistake, "Rose had my back. And for over half a millennium, they've wanted us dead," He finishes off and throws something down, causing Elena to jump.

Rose nods and smiles at him for giving the actual facts. Wow. That's actually kinda sweet that she did that for him.

"What did you do?" Elena seems startled but still goes for it.

"He made the mistake countless others did. He trusted Katerina Petrova," Rose begrudgingly says.

"Ha! Been there, done that," I laugh while looking my nails, I need a manicure once we're free.

"Katherine," Elena let's out.

"Mmm- the one and only — The first Petrova doppelgänger." Mmm, I think Roses info about that was wrong, but I don't correct her.

"I helped her escape her fate," Trevor further explains, "And now I've - sorry we've, been marked ever since." I think it is funny how he includes Rose so she won't get mad.

"Which is why we're not gonna make the same mistake again," Rose announces.

Trevor slams down a book before giving Elena and I a weak smile before following Rose out of the room. Elena turns to me and opens her mouth.

"Don't even think about playing 20 questions with me next. I don't like being interrogated, and especially not on a day like this," I stop her before she can get any words out.