2X13: Daddy Issues- Part 1

3P POV
"Stefan and his brother Damon and his sister Mystal killed him." Tyler tells Caroline, talking about his uncle. "Because Stefan, Damon, and Mystal are vampires. Just like you." Tyler informs Caroline that he knows what she's been keeping from him.

Mystal's POV

I am showering to start off my morning, when I hear the tv that I guess I left on.

"The sheriffs department believes drugs played a part in the assailants deranged and violent that left 3 people dead at last nights booster club dinner at a local high school." The woman on the tv reports about the school event that was going on last night while we were searching for... "The authorized believe last nights assailant may also be link to the missing campers and park ranger who have yet to be found." Okay, now that wasn't me.  "As well as 25-year-old Jessica Konig, reporter missing this morning," Fuck that's me. Well, and Damon.

I groan, exiting my steamy shower and sure enough a picture of the same girl who we freaked out and then killed last night pops up on the screen. I don't want to think about last night, or talk about it, or think or talk about the things I said. Like ever.

I tune back into the tv. "The sheriffs department says investigations are pending and no further comment will be made." The news lady wraps up.

I turn off the tv as they start to report about Mayor Lockwood. What a bore.

~~~~~

Well my morning took a turn, which seems to be turning into my daily routine. My brothers and I, mostly them, are having a little meeting.

"You brought back John Gilbert, that's your big save Elena move?" Damon scoffs, put out with Stefan for this because apparently no likes this John guy.

"I went to go look for Isobel, and I got John instead." Stefan acts like it's nothing. "He said he could help us, and we're desperate." Stefan says while flailing his hands around.

"We're not that desperate Stefan." Damon argues.

"Yeah Stefan, I don't do assholes, I mean you two yeah but..." I trail off from my joke. Stefan give me a disapproving look.

"The guy tried to barbeaue me," Damon reminds him.

"Woah, this is the first I've heard of this, Stefannn!" I chew him out.

"Damon, Mystal, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed." Stefan claims. Oh, how fucking fabulous!

"This is the first I've heard of this too!" I raise my voice, throwing my hands up. "I must be better informed!"

"Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe." Stefan just keeps on a going. " I mean, do you two trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an Original. He can't be trusted." Stefan stops, looking at me. "I'm sorry..."

"No, please. I do not want apologizes every time someone brings up them." I exasperate. "I don't care anymore, I don't trust them, but maybe Elijah." I tell them.

"It's not like we can go up and kill him because apparently, he can't die." Damon irritatedly reminds us.

"Well... he kinda can, but with the right tools that we don't have." I reveal. Stefan looks at me confused.

"Still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer." Damon revisits the beginning of the argument.

I nod in agreement. "Yes, did I also mention I don't do Gilbert's?" Elena and Jeremy aren't even my first pain in the ass, blow my brains out Gilbert's I've had to deal with. A couple of their ancestors followed me around all the time back in the 1800's, tried courting me, tried more than that... Ugh, Gilbert's.

"He knew about the sacrifice." Stefan shares. "Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe." I roll my eyes, that's not my #1 of even 10 fucks but whatever.

"And how do we do that?" Damon allows him to continue.

"He's not talking, at least not to me anyway." Stefan just now tells us this part.

I groan. "Wow Stefan, you were so much help. Maybe I will have a talk with this John fellow." I suggest.

"Great work, Stefan, top notch." Damon sarcastically congratulates him. "As if I didn't have enough problems."

Damon gets up to leave and I join him.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Rose." Stefan moves on from the John conversation. 

"Whatever." I dismiss, waving a hand.

"Yeah, we knew that woman for like 5 minutes." Damon rolls his eyes.

"And you both cared about her after 5 minutes, though." Stefan just has to say. "Oh, I wonder what that means."

"It means I care Stefan, stake me." I start rolling my eyes.  Damon is way ahead of me.

"It means that we are changing and evolving into people capable of greatness." Damon spouts off. Stefan nods. "Better watch your back because I may have to go get a hero hairdo of my own and steal your thunder." Damon teases.

"Yeah, I will not be doing that. I like my hairdo villainy. And I am perfectly fine being the lightening, not thunder." I go against Damon's joke. He looks at me flatly for stealing his thunder before leaving.

I almost do the same when Stefan's phone buzzes. He pulls it out of his pocket. '911 now' I read over his shoulder, from the Blonde Vampire.

"Hmmm, what's that about?" I am now intrigued. Stefan looks worried.

Author's Note: Stefan and Mystal sibling-duo team up content issss hereeee <3