2X14: Crying Wolf- Part 3

Now that Damon and I are out of the chairs, we scrap them across the wood floor, moving them back to their original spot. Actually, maybe we should get rid of these....

"So he planned to kill her all along." He states into the phone, referring to Elena.

"Yeah." Bonnie says on the other line. Oh right, she called. "The sacrifice is part of Elijah's plan. We didn't get any info about Mystal, I'm sorry." I scoff, rolling my eyes.

Wow. Elijah. Bad move bud. Who knows what he wants with me now? I throw my arms up, looking at Damon.

"Got is loud and clear." Damon says before hanging up.

Alaric groans, raising his head up. Oh yeah, he has a ring that brings him back to life. You learn something new everyday. People should really start making notes around here, it's hard to keep up

"Finally." Damon comments as he bends down to pick up some chains. "You missed all the fun." I snort. Understatement of the century. 

Alaric looks around a little dazed. He slowly gets up, moving to our chair before calling Jenna, who he was suppose to pick up. Oops.

"There you are." Jenna picks up. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, sorry. I-I-" He stampers trying to come up with another lie. "I've just been grading papers."

I face palm, wow that was terrible. Alaric rolls his eyes at himself knowing it was bad. Damon then picks up our rug, jabbing his head towards it for me to help. I huff. I just want a drink, and a hot bath, and bed.

"Honestly, uh..." Alaric is still attempting to save this. "Honestly. I fell asleep. I'm sorry." I hope Jenna is buying this. I actually like Alaric and Jenna seems tolerable. "Jenna, I'm a jerk." Yep, that'll make it better. Always does when the guy admits that, we like hearing it.

"No. It's fine. I'm just glad your ok." Jenna doesn't sound mad at all.

"Sorry. Tomorrow, I'm all yours, ok?" He tries to make it better.

"Sure. Sounds great." Jenna agrees. I give him a thumbs up.

"All right. Good night, Jenna." He looks sad.

"Good night." Jenna says and Alaric hangs up.

I slowly pat him on the back. He looks so defeated even I feel bad for him.

~~~

After a steamy shower that I settled for, I walk into Damon's room with my robe on as I dry my hair with a towel. I hop on the bed beside him.

"Straight from the witches mouth." He says to whoever he's on the phone with now. I was too busy jamming out to listen. "He was gonna go through with the whole sacrifice. No news about Mystal."

"Who are you talking to?" I whisper. 'Stefan' he mouths. Ah.

"You should probably just keep her away a little longer." Damon suggests, talking about Elena. Yes! More Elena-free time. "I got Mystal here." I roll my eyes, as if I need his help- welp, guess I shouldn't talk to much after tonight, huh? 

"You guys be careful. Try no to get yourselves killed." Stefan says cautiously, always the worrier. Oh, if only he knew the irony of what he said.

"Yeah. It's been a day for that." Damon expresses.

"Hasn't it." I chuckle.

I very angry with Elijah. He was going to bring Klaus to town still? That was his big plan? I can't believe him. It's not like besties or as close as we once were, but I just thought he wouldn't do this to me. I never want to see Klaus again. I'd rather stake myself a hundred times over. And Elijah knows this too.