2X17: Know Thy Enemy- Part 1

Ah, morning time. I never get a pleasant one. My brothers and I are walking downstairs conversing.

"She just showed up at their front doorstep," Damon is talking about Elena's birth mother paying a surprise visit.

"What's she doing here?" I finally enter the convo.

"I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out," Stefan tells us.

When we get off our last stair step Katherine makes an appearance, "I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here."

"What? Why?" Stefan grills.

"It's better is she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb," Dhe clarifies.

"You're the one in cahoots with them," Damon points out. I put my index finger up to him showing that I back him up. "You made a deal with John that almost got us killed."

"I did what I had to to get out of the tomb," Katherine justifies, "Now I'm reconsidering my alliance," She smirks and turns away

"What do you know?" Stefan stops her.

She turns back around, "I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you," She points to us, "Besides if you three ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people I know that I'm here the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart."

Stefan smirks, nods, looks at Damon and I, "Tell you what, you three call Alaric and let him know that his wife's back in town just showed up on his girlfriends doorstep," He winks. "Mystal you can join me anytime," He hollers out on his way to leave. He wants more him and I team ups.

The door shuts and Damon and I go our separate ways from Katherine.

~~~

Next on the agenda for today, Damon, Bonnie, Jeremy, and I just arrived at The Martins apartment. Damon opens the door, sticks his hand in, and waves it up and down checking for a barrier.

He steps in, "Yep. Everybody's dead," He says happily. Heh heh.

"We should pack up the grimoires," Bonnie suggests, "They spent years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe."

"Oohh," I fantasize looking at all of them. Magic guides. 

"You know, we could just get another match and cremate em," Damon offers, referring to Luka's body on the floor.

"Don't be disrespectful," She lectures him, "Not to him."

"Fine, we'll bury him," I speak for Damon and I, and he pulls a blanket over the body.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Jeremy steers on task.

"According to Luka's dad, one of these contains the spell that'll let me harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently," Bonnie informs.

"I didn't know you and father witch were so close," Damon cuts her off.

"We weren't, but when he gave me my powers back, he gave me a message," She clears up, "If I can find the spot in town, where the old Salem witches were burned, I can harness their energy to use when I need it," She speaks confidently.