*2X12: The Descent- Part 3

We get Rose to our house and into Damon's bed.

"Hi there." Damon greets, leaning over her.

She is super sweaty and pale. She gulps. "I'm sorry."

"Water under the bridge." I wave a hand.

"You went on a mifepristone rampage. It happens." Damon includes. I stifle a laugh, he's not wrong.

"Nothing we haven't all done before." I shrug.

She inhales sharply and looks over to the door where Elena appears.

"I'm sorry, Elena." Rose tells her. Don't be, I laugh to myself. "I don't like taking a human life. I never have."

She's better than me that's for sure. Wow, Rose is really sweet. I let out a chuckle. Funny how I am saying that after she's kidnapped my very recently.

"You shouldn't be here." Damon harshly tells Elena.

Elena just stands there very tense before coming up beside the bed.

"That's the worst part about death-the hunt. The need to kill. The thirst. Pleasure it bring you afterwards. I wasn't meant to be evil." Rose drones on. "It hurts."

"Then stop talking about it." Damon snaps. I nod in agreement. She rolls her eyes.

"Damon and Mystal are a lot like me." Rose tells Elena. Say what? "They want to care, but the minute they do, they run away from it."

I fight the urge to say something mean. Because deep down I knew she was right. So does Damon.

"I'm sorry for what I've done today." She chokes at the end of her sentence.

"I know." Elena nods softly.

"You and Mystal need to fight. I know that you're both scared, but you have to do it anyway." Rose encourages. I scoff a little. I am not scared. I have never been scared of anything. Not death, not the supernatural.

She starts coughing. Damon turns back around and I step closer. Elena reaches her hand out.

"Why are you so nice to me?" Rose smiles. Now I know she ain't talking to Damon and I. We are assholes.

"Us humans." Elena chuckles.

"You can never forget it." Rose says. "What it's like to be human. It haunts me." I like being a vampire way more, most of the time. "It's the only thing that's kept me going." Damon and I look at each other. "It doesn't hurt as much anymore." She says before gagging. Oh, I know what's coming. Then she starts groaning and screaming.

Elena looks back at us worried. "What do we do?"

"Go." Damon orders Elena, pushing past her. He doesn't want here for the very bad part. Damon sits on one side of Rose and I take a seat on the other.

"Damon... Mystal..." Elena whines.

"Just go." Damon tells her.

"We've got this." I bark out at her.

"Oh, my god! Make it stop! Make it stop!" Rose screams as Elena walks out. Rose starts sobbing again. "I can't take this anymore, make it stop!" We both place our hands on her and reposition her into both of our laps.

~~~~~

"Who would've thought you'd be a nice guy, and girl." She smiles. She's calmed down now.

"I'm not nice." I interject.

"I'm mean. I like it." Damon nods, going down the same path I was.

"You both lie." She shuts us up.