2X20: The Last Day- Part 1

I wake up and lay in bed. Last nights horrifying images of myself crumbling come into my mind. I push them back. Never again. I then listen for anything interesting going on in my house.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse," I hear Elijah's voice discussing the current situation.

I get up out of bed and get dressed. I decide to look smoking hot today. I choose a black tank, that almost isn't one because the straps are like swimsuit thin. In hangs low, enough to show some boob, but not too much. And it has a string that connects from the V and wraps around my neck like a choker. And a light pink skirt to pair with it. The skirt is soft and there is a bow that ties around the waist, is on the front, and loosely hangs. I pair some cute black open toes heel to go with it. Put my hair in a high, ponytail, and do my makeup flawlessly. All why doing this I still listen in on what's happening downstairs.

"Elena said that the sun and moon curse is fake?" Stefan wants to clarify, "That it is actually just a curse placed on Klaus?"

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline," Elijah goes over it, "The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... he'll be a true hybrid."

Damon and I come downstairs together and enter the living room.

"And that is very bad," I mock Elijah's storytelling.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon speaks up, "We can kill him today. With Bonnie." I face palm, Damon is so dense sometimes.

"Damon.." Stefan starts motioning his hand for him to keep it civil.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," Elena reminds him.

"I'll write her a great eulogy," Damon responds. I laugh at his joke, I am the only one that ever does.

"It's not an option, Damon," Elena argues.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan moves forward.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients so to speak, you already know," Elijah informs.

Stefan moves his hands while talking, "The moon stone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone," Elijah continues, "After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena speaks up.

"The final part of the ritual," He goes to pick something up, "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... to the point of your death."

We all look at Elena and Stefan puts his head in his hand as he grabs Elena's hand with his free one.

Elena sighs, "And that's where you come in," She says to Elijah.

He opens a little chest, "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years go for Katherine," He pulls out a bottle, "It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead?" Elena sums up.

"And then you won't," Elijah finishes.

"That's your plan?" Damon butts in, not sold on it, "A magical witch potion with no expiration date? You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans," Elijah shoots him down, "The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work."

"I'll take those odds over your elixir," Damon argues. Ugh, he is being so damn difficult. "What if it doesn't work, Elena?"

She thinks for a second, "Then I guess I'll just be dead."

"And all will be solved in the world," I take my fingers to my mouth and break them away while kissing them. I am ignored though.

Damon goes to speak but can't get out any words and looks at Stefan and I for help. Stefan shrugs. Damon then looks been madder, thanks Stefan.  He goes to walk away, and I follow, knowing I am probably the only one who can help without making him angrier.

We went outside and starting drinking.

Stefan joins us, not for drinks, but for talking, "Breakfast of champions, huh?" I roll my eyes.

"We're surrounded by idiots. We need all the help we can get," Damon responds flatly.

"Amen," I raise my glass up.

Stefan sighs, "You know you're not helping," He directs that to Damon.

"Neither are you," I whisper to Stefan through gritted teeth.

"Elijah is an Original Vampire, Stefan. One we tried to kill. You're going to believe this guy?" Damon reasons. Good point. Plus one for Damon.

"What do you want me to do, Damon? Elena made her decision. She's choosing to trust Elijah. I'm going to put my faith in her," Stefan argues. Negative one for Stefan.

"Why? She's going to end up dead," Damon states. Another point for him.

"Because she put her faith in me," Stefan says back. Another negative for Stefan. Would this be funnier if I said it out loud? "She chose to trust me in spite of what I am. If I'm going to bet on someone instincts, it's going to be hers."

"Way to be biased brother," I let out a strained chuckle.

"Well, that makes you the biggest idiot of them all," Damon tells him. Sometimes I feel like they forget I'm here when they want to not listen to me.

"She chose to trust you, too. And she trust you Mystal," Stefan adds.

"Then maybe you shouldn't be so sure about her instincts," Damon bounces back.

He is on fire this morning. I point to him showing I agree with that sentence. Damon takes another sip, before flinging the rest out, and taking off.

"Great help on not making him more mad, Stefan," I clap my hands.

"Why are you taking his side," He asks me.

"I am not taking sides Mr.," I lecture, "I am merely making sure he doesn't loose his shit since you are on Elena duty." I then turn to go inside as well.

We go back inside to commotion. Jenna is standing in front of Alaric-Klaus with a cross bow.

"What's going on?" Elena asks as we all approach.

"It's me, I swear, ok?" Real Alaric, maybe, assures us, "He let me go. Klaus let me go." My breath hitches at those 7 words.

Damon doesn't buy it, "Prove it."

He turns to Jenna, "Ok, uh, the first night you and I spent together, Jeremy walked in right when I was about to-"

"It's him," Jenna blurts out.

He nods and she rolls her eyes and puts down the weapon. We all look at each other for a moment, because of the awkward thing that almost got told.

"Why did he let you go?" I ask.

"He wanted me to deliver a message. The sacrifice happens tonight, and then he is coming for his wife? I don't know who that is," Alaric looks confused.

Everyone looks at me and then frantically at each other.

"That'd be me," I wave a hand and purse my lips. Never gonna live it down.